Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by SHUGES

oklahoma-city-thunder-v-miami-20120621-215622-180.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Respect.
pimp.gif

Any pic of Perk and LeBron embracing after the game or did I imagine that?
nerd.gif

Thought for sure Perk would've taken a swing at LeBron in that scenario if he had the chance.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Here's what happens to OKC in the coming years:

- Thunder sign coach Brooks to extension
- Harden signs elsewhere
- Westbrook gets fed up with coach/team and demands trade, which is granted
- Durant enters free agency in the year 2015 and is the first signee of the Seattle Supersonics and their return to the NBA.
- OKC has hard time filling arena now that all the stars are gone and Clay Bennett is forced to sell the team or declare bankruptcy.

Ahhhh...The circle of life.
pimp.gif
 that'd be nice.

congrats to the heat.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Good thing no one Thunder stars give that chump Mario Chalmers any hug. Can't stand that sob

dude has the clutch gene. i don't think he cares, his ncaa and nba championships will hug him back.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Perk had been praising LeBron all series long.

Yeah?

I just remember Perk getting pissy about LeBron's tweet after Blake baptized him earlier this year.

Perk and Lebron dapped up after him and KD. 

Knew I wasn't seeing things.
laugh.gif

As much hate as I have for Lebron, he is winning his first championship/Finals MVP at 27 when Jordan won his first at 28. Maybe this is the start of a new domination/dynasty where he does run off multiple titles. He totally dominated unlike the shrinking under pressure like last years Finals or past playoff teams and perhaps this is the start of something special or scary. So most my hate was due to him coming out of High School already proclaimed a "King" or "the Chosen One" and not living up to that hype. So now his crown is well earned. Best player on the planet is the on the best team in the planet.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

If you noticed, the first thing he mentioned when he got interviewed after the game was that he made a difficult decision in leaving Cleveland. I mean, dude knew and he was willing to accept the criticism that came with that. But he did what was best for him, and nobody in Northeast Ohio can knock him for that.
I mean, dude grew up here and he knows what it's like to be from here. He still has fam here, his friends, eighty81 crew, Rich Paul, etc. At the the end of the day, he won it for himself and his teammates - and my Miami people don't take this the wrong way - but he really didn't do for the city of Miami. It was for himself. And I respect that.

Congrats to Lebron James.
 Nothing but respect for this post fam especially since you're one of the biggest cavs fans on this board. Props 
pimp.gif

Jordan did 2 years in college tho....but anyway congrats to lebron..he played his ++% off...and stop with the comparisons...never been a player like lebron in this league before

LEBRON JAMES
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not a Heat fan but the rest of the teams in the league should be scared.  Now that the pressure is off Lebron to get his first, hes not gonna be playing with the weight of the world on his shoulders.  Heat are gonna add some pieces in the offseason and I'd be suprised if Heat dont win atleast 3 of the next 5 championships.  What made this run crazy was Lebron put the Heat on his back when they needed him most.  Bosh and Wade were both shaky/hurt this postseason.  LBJ was on another level all postseason long
pimp.gif

Congrats to the Heat. I know it's all about Lebron right now but extra grats to Bosh, Miller, Battier, Haslem, Chalmers. If it wasn't for these guys Heat wouldn't have owned the Thunder. Lebron stepped it up and did what he should have last year. Experience is really so valuable and overlooked now days...this series proves that even though OKC's last one was over Spurs, they hadn't been to THE FINALs.

Can't thank Miami and LeBron enough. He saved us from the ultimate heartbreak shoutout to them. Enjoy this one Bron @#$# the haters 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't care that Lebron got his ring. Good for him, but I hate the fact that punk @#$ Wade got another 
sick.gif

Congrats to Haslem and James Jones. Local guys who made sacrifices for the team. Also Mike Miller for having the best timing in the world. 
The whole thing was exactly what Pat Riley envisioned.

I knew this game was over in the 1st quarter so I've had enough time to deal with the reality of it.

My initial reactions after the game was over: I am really happy for Lebron James. I think Scott Brooks handed this game away on a silver platter, served by NBA butlers in black and white uniforms; but if anybody deserves a championship to be given to, and after so much criticism, it is Lebron James. And that's not to take away from what they did in Game 5. They came out with a heated desire to finish that game strong, while the Thunder dissipated into thin air. There is not a more complete player, well-rounded player than Lebron James. I hope he gets his Gold Medal trifecta with his MVP and his NBA Finals ring this year.

The Thunder need to figure out how to not only be a team, but NBA contenders. And that starts with the coach. I'll hold back on criticisms of Brooks because they are quite evident. And Scott Brooks may very well be back in OKC next year; and I can't say he doesn't deserve another shot. Regardless of what direction happens I will offer full support with my constructive criticisms.

Kevin Durant now needs to be put in Lebron's old shoes. He passes the ball too much. Nobody can jump higher than him at the point-of-attack of his jumpshot. He needs to learn to go and get the ball, and look straight at the hoop. Tunnel vision. Getting your team involved is not always what's best for the team if you are Kevin Durant. Lebron came out with that killer instinct fighting for his life. If KD wants to be successful in winning a championship he needs to do the same thing.

Also congrats to Filipino-American Erik Spoelstra. He was head and shoulders above the opposing team in coaching decisions and overall confidence. That Pacquiao comment was wild.
laugh.gif

Feel bad for Durant and co. honestly, words can't express how much I would want them as the SupersSonics. But @$#@ OKC and all their fans hope this one burns for a long @$# time 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Here's what happens to OKC in the coming years:

- Thunder sign coach Brooks to extension
- Harden signs elsewhere
- Westbrook gets fed up with coach/team and demands trade, which is granted
- Durant enters free agency in the year 2015 and is the first signee of the Seattle Supersonics and their return to the NBA.
- OKC has hard time filling arena now that all the stars are gone and Clay Bennett is forced to sell the team or declare bankruptcy.

Ahhhh...The circle of life.
The KD thing would be kind of cool, but he really likes it here. Westbrook also loves what he has in this team. The New Orleans Hornets sold out games when they were in OKC. That will not be a problem. Harden can walk. He is a legitimate 6th man but that's all I have seen from him. Serge Ibaka will continue to develop into an offensive presence and will round out OKC's offense. They may not be the type of team that can rotate the ball but if they can run the offense through the post with Ibaka while Ibaka adds some post-moves to his game, then that will work wonders. Scott Brooks wants 4M/year and there is no way in hell he gets that. I think he'll be coaching Orlando next season. This very team only has 2-3 years left as they are, and 1 extra year of Scott Brooks can set all of that back. I think they go after Phil Jackson. Perkins and Sefalosha could be trade-bait this offseason.

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Can't thank Miami and LeBron enough. He saved us from the ultimate heartbreak shoutout to them. Enjoy this one Bron @#$# the haters 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Better start dieting. Your heart only has so much time before it breaks... 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by buggz05

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

The curse of the Based God will live on my friend 
laugh.gif

But honestly though...... karma will come back around time and time again for Clay Bennett hope he drowns in his tears tonight that piece of @$##. 

@buggz glad to see some reasonable critique. I completely agree with you on the Brooks situation. I like the fact that he supports Westbrook and allows him to play his game, I just feel like he didn't take advantage of Durant's abilities in this series. I would've set screens for KD all day and make Lebron and Battier chase him around the floor. Look at the Boston series and how different this Miami D looked, OKC's isolated style of play played right into the hands of Miami. I think the next step for Durant is to do what Lebron did, and command double teams and become more efficient. Harden not stepping up really exploited how thin that bench really was. Anywho, really glad Lebron got his but these OKC dudes are so young it's scary, KD will be back and even better next season.

Originally Posted by buggz05

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

The curse of the Based God will live on my friend 
laugh.gif

But honestly though...... karma will come back around time and time again for Clay Bennett hope he drowns in his tears tonight that piece of @$##. 
Karma will come back around and you guys will get your Sonics back. Bleee dat. And when you guys do, we will all participate in the biggest rivalry the NBA will ever see. Bleee dat. Matter of fact we'll spot you Scott Brooks and James Harden. Nick Collison needs to either retire as a Thunder or a Sonic; so maybe we give you him too. I look forward to our eventual rivalry. It won't be pretty, but it will be beautiful.
Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

@buggz glad to see some reasonable critique. I completely agree with you on the Brooks situation. I like the fact that he supports Westbrook and allows him to play his game, I just feel like he didn't take advantage of Durant's abilities in this series. I would've set screens for KD all day and make Lebron and Battier chase him around the floor. 
Right, when I was talking about KD not getting open, I didn't want to mention something as ignorantly simple as setting screens to get the most reliable shooter on the court open.
eyes.gif
 I was talking about this with my dad. KD is not too far from the same type of player that Reggie Miller was. And Reggie never had a problem getting open. Larry Brown is a free-agent coach as well and that would be perfect for KD...

As far as Westbrook goes, I like that he's a wild beast. It has allowed him to learn his game. But he doesn't need to be thrown in to the fire anymore, so-to-speak. He needs to be mentored. He needs to be taught how to slow the game down in his mind, and take the path of the highest percentage rate. That's where Phil Jackson would do wonders and Scott Brooks will never be able to fill that role. This entire team looks lost as far as fundamental, pee-wee league basics go. Serge gets a pass because he's from the Congo. But even KD was taking low-percentage shots and wasn't playing to his strength with shot selection. I really hope Scott Brooks is gone. I think Sam Presti is smart enough to hope the same thing. I noticed they didn't make eye contact after the game. We'll see...

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]GAME IS ON ESPN AGAIN RITE NOW [/color]
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]LIVE THE MOMENT AGAIN!!!![/color]

Back
Top Bottom