Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

^or you can enjoy it for what it is, a great regular season & post season performance to lead a team to a title.

I already said good for Bron but I'm not a Heat fan. So not much for me to enjoy. The guy proved himself and had a tremendous season though.

can't believe every role player stepped up ... EVERY SINGLE ONE ... in a big way ...

OKC youth, miami's bench, scott's coaching, timely turnovers, and LEBRON

don't like him but the guy is too good ... gonna be scary ... these next 2 years

Dwyane Wade: WOW..God is good..congrats to the city of Miami... yall deserve this moment...WORLD CHAMPION..#TeamNoSleep I love you guys.. about 1 hour ago

Micky Arison: Just posted a photo http://instagr.am/p/MK2bWUu8Nc/ 4 hours ago

LeBron James: I love you guys. This was for you http://www.lebronjames.com/2012/0about 4 hours ago

Shane Battier: Champs!!!! http://socialcam.com/s/QksklUHi 5 hours ago
Mike Miller: Championships are forever!!! Greatest teammates greatest organization greatest fans.. Thanks. Let it fly!! about 6 hours ago

Kevin Durant: Tough way to end a season but I am truly blessed to have the privilege to play for such a great city, congrats to the Miami Heat.. about 6 hours ago
James Harden: WOW. Amazing season for me and my brothers!!! I love these dudes!! Appreciate all the love from the TRUE Thunder fans!! #ThunderUp!!! 7 hours ago

Jeff Green: Proud of my brother @Kevin Durant hell of a season bro love you my guy about 8 hours ago

Reggie Evans: Congrats to the Miami Heat. about 8 hours ago

Corey Maggette: Congrats to Miami heat and my main man juwan Howard after 18yrs about 8 hours ago
Bruce Bowen: One of the BEST MOMENTS for me as a father, my son and I watching the Finals, and discussing what it takes to be a CHAMPION! about 8 hours ago
Maurice Williams: prove who the best is. They proved it and they deserve that respect aspect of that about 8 hours ago

Maurice Williams: Don't be like that followers, give credit when credit is do. They are champions. That why we compete. That's why we have a playoffs to about 8 hours ago

Tony Allen: Flash' swong 2 the left / salute champ about 8 hours ago

Anthony Tolliver: This won't be the last time you see Kevin Durant in the #NBAFINALS about 8 hours ago

Ryan Gomes: S/O to my boy @Mike Miller!! #LetItFly about 8 hours ago

Taj Gibson: Motivation about 8 hours ago

Anthony Morrow: Salute to my bro @Kevin Durant great work this season mane about 8 hours ago

Greg Monroe: That feeling u see rite now is what its all about! #bloodsweattears about 8 hours ago

Chris Paul: Congrats to the Heat and a gr8 run for the Thunder...exciting series with gr8 plays and players...Next yr tho #gottaget1 about 8 hours ago

Austin Daye: ALREADY!!!! not even 10 mins after the game @kingjames has a championship commercial!! jeeeeez yesterday

Chase Budinger: Happy for Shane Battier for getting a Ring and the way he played in the playoffs! Proud of you! yesterday
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Its always a pleasure 2 C someone whose had 2 deal with alot of criticism, handle it in a classy way, and come out on top. Congrats Lebron! yesterday
Greg Monroe: Nike be in it tho wit da commercial asap tho.. Lol yesterday

Luc Mbah a Moute: Congratulations to the Miami Heat for winin #NBAFinals Championship! Now the critics can be quiet and give him the respect he deserves! yesterday

Anthony Morrow: Great series man, can't wait to experience the playoffs one day yesterday

Metta World Peace: I think okc should have been cocky in defeat instead of just durings... Shows weakness yesterday

Blake Griffin: Congrats to both the heat and thunder... fun series to watch. yesterday

Kevin Love: I wonder if this will set in for Skip Bayless "@espn: LeBron James = NBA Champion." yesterday

Paul George: One day... Watch! yesterday

Lavoy Allen: Happy for Lebron, I don't think there has ever been an NBA player that suffered so much unwarranted criticism yesterday

Hasheem Thabeet: CONGRATS TO THE MIAMI HEAT ORGANIZATION FOR THE 2012 NBA CHAMPIONSHIP. yesterday

Jamal Crawford: Durant class act, still giving Fans in Mia five as he left.. yesterday

Kevin Love: Stay classy Thunder. Hell of a season. yesterday

Roger Mason: I feel like going to the gym now! I gotta get one of these! #nbachip yesterday
Tracy McGrady: Big Shout out to my homeboys Juwan Howard and Mike Miller for getting the 'chip tonight! Congratulations yesterday
Jamal Crawford: Lebron James is now officially one of the all time greats... yesterday

Andre Iguodala: Congrats heat. yesterday

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Miami's maturity & teamwork were too much for the Thunder.I am sure The Thunder will be back next year but this was Miami's year. yesterday

CJ Miles: My Dude T Harris getting a ring tho.. congrats to my homie .. he worked hard to get that team yesterday

Kevin Love: Great year for LeBron. Came out a winner on all accounts. yesterday

Kendall Marshall: congrats Bron. now y'all leave that man alone. yesterday

Damien Wilkins: Y'all bout to tear Miami apart! Stay away from the bath salt!! yesterday

Luc Mbah a Moute: Another triple double for #lebronjames the final sign of this year being his.... yesterday

Anthony Tolliver: Triple double shawty #LeBronJames #NBAFINALS yesterday

Kevin Love: On a real note though...congrats to both the Thunder and Heat on terrific season's. Respect. yesterday
Brandon Jennings: Man Lebron went thru all that hate and still came up on top.... #Salute #Respect!!!! Gotta respect it yesterday

Kevin Love: Eddy Curry finally getting that ring yesterday

Greg Monroe: Triple double dont lie... yesterday

Tony Allen: Salute 2 the champs! yesterday

CJ Miles: You can't beat a team that plays defense and then shoots the 3 like this.. IMPOSSIBLE yesterday

Mark Cuban: LBJ should be unanimous Finals MVP.. No doubt about it yesterday

Dahntay Jones: 4 of my ex Grizzly teammates will have championship rings. Sweet. Shane, mike miller, posey and jwill. yesterday

Marshon Brooks: S/o to Mike Miller, stellar professional! yesterday

Andre Iguodala: That's why Kevin Durant gone be all time leader points scored when he's done. He get quiet 30s! yesterday

Darington Hobson: & don't start blaming Russell Westbrook & James harden for these losses please !!! yesterday

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: SOUTH BEACH!!!!!! yesterday

Allan Houston: Experience is a great Teacher and defeat is a great Motivator. yesterday

Brandon Jennings: Lebron out here doing it all for his team.... yesterday

Metta World Peace: Lebron is playing exactly how any superstar should.. Unselfish n together.Trust his team mates..He found the balance between hunger n team yesterday

Anthony Tolliver: Mike Miller has earned his $ in this game alone! Haha #NBAFINALS yesterday

Nick Young: bet mike make the next 3 he shoot yesterday

Damien Wilkins: Damn! Gonna miss basketball yesterday

Mike Conley: Mike miller again.. Lettin it fly yesterday

As much as I dislike Lebron/Heat, it was kinda nice to see Lebron get his ring. Dam near 10 years of hard work and it finally paid off. Props.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

http://twitter.com/DwyaneWade
Metta World Peace:
I think okc should have been cocky in defeat instead of just durings... Shows weakness yesterday

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
crazy +%* ron dont take no offseason
roll.gif

congrats LBJ. job well done. your performance this post-season has affirmed all the accolades you have received. 

I just read in a tweet that Bron said it was the best day of his life while his kids were next to him. Did that really happen (didn't watch post game stuff)?

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I just read in a tweet that Bron said it was the best day of his life while his kids were next to him. Did that really happen (didn't watch post game stuff)?

Yes it did happen. But so what? He meant sports wise.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

can't believe every role player stepped up ... EVERY SINGLE ONE ... in a big way ...

OKC youth, miami's bench, scott's coaching, timely turnovers, and LEBRON

don't like him but the guy is too good ... gonna be scary ... these next 2 years

Yeah, as great as LeBron was in the Finals the Heat don't win without the "Others" stepping up.

The role players/bench were inconsistent for most of the season, but they stepped up at the best time for them.

First it was Battier, then Baby Haslem, then Rio and Mike Miller (who had to have made a deal with the devil the way he was shooting last night.
laugh.gif
)

So when do they fire Spoelstra? Do you wait a day or two so people don't get up in arms or do you do it as soon as you can? Tough decisions.

Originally Posted by AG 47

So when do they fire Spoelstra? Do you wait a day or two so people don't get up in arms or do you do it as soon as you can? Tough decisions.

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

This dude Skip Bayless just gave LeBron a standing slow clap.
laugh.gif

6654281-DSC_5472.jpg

Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, & LeBron James

Miami Beach, FL – June 21, 2012 – After defeating Oklahoma City in the NBA Championships last night, the Miami Heat celebrated their victory at LIV at Fontainebleau. Several team members including MVP LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Juwan Howard, & Shane Battier showed up to LIV around 3 a.m., with Chris Bosh being the last to arrive around 4:30 a.m. LeBron James and Dwyane Wade both sang into the mics, danced on the stage, and shot CO2 guns into the crowd as celebratory songs such as “We are the Champions

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

Originally Posted by AEA18

Thunder in 4.

It amazes me that people actually believe that James, Wade, and Bosh can beat the whole Thunder team by themselves in a 7 game series.

Heat don't even have a legit center. Is LeBron gonna rotate to Durant then guard Westbrook and Harden.

Looks like he will be playing a full 48 minutes all 4 games.
laugh.gif

Durant
Westbrook
Harden
Ibaka
Perkins
Sefolosha
Fisher

vs

LeBron James
Dwayne Wade
Chris Bosh
Udonis Haslem
Mario Chalmers
grin.gif

Joel Anthony
laugh.gif

Shane Battier
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mike Miller
roll.gif

James Jones
roll.gif
roll.gif

Norris Cole
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

2gu0evq.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Here's what happens to OKC in the coming years:

- Thunder sign coach Brooks to extension
- Harden signs elsewhere
- Westbrook gets fed up with coach/team and demands trade, which is granted
- Durant enters free agency in the year 2015 and is the first signee of the Seattle Supersonics and their return to the NBA.
- OKC has hard time filling arena now that all the stars are gone and Clay Bennett is forced to sell the team or declare bankruptcy.

Ahhhh...The circle of life.
The KD thing would be kind of cool, but he really likes it here. Westbrook also loves what he has in this team. The New Orleans Hornets sold out games when they were in OKC. That will not be a problem. Harden can walk. He is a legitimate 6th man but that's all I have seen from him.
Harden_James_okc_120507.jpg

The Thunder could soon be in a position where they are unable to retain their entire core due to financial constraints.

James Harden will become eligible for a contract extension this offseason and would become a restricted free agent in 2013 if no deal is reached. 

Russell Westbrook signed a five-year extension with Oklahoma City last January.

Harden or Westbrook are more likely to be moved than Kevin Durant.

ESPN's Chris Broussard asked 22 NBA executives which player they would trade if they had to for financial reasons. Fourteen of the executives replied that they would trade Westbrook, while eight said Harden.

Sinking in it?

'Right basketball play' all night long and all the !!%++@% way to a triple double and a championship. 
roll.gif
. Too bad he's done the same in meaningless mid-season games and lost 
frown.gif
. how terrible. This might be one of the best vindications for LeBron and the legion of us 'stans'. He didn't have to conform to any of that hero *+!%!%%!. We have said every time after - success or failures- , he'll make the right play and that's what we want from him - if it is the 'right' play.. Here we are. 

Kevin Durant is better than LeBron. 'Superstars' need to demand guarding the other guy. Meanwhile, guarding Mario Chalmers..... They went head on (or at least LeBron did) 1 vs 2 right? 1a vs 1b? 

Well - here is #1. ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Here is #2. 

And I'm not knocking KD, he's on his way. LeBron's just that good right now. 

but before we got here this post-season: 'Carmelo has his number, always has.'
laugh.gif
 'Danny Granger is in his head.'
laugh.gif
. 'Paul Pierce has an edge on him mentally.'
laugh.gif

No post game. Still, this year - it was said there was no post game. He won an NBA Finals playing almost exclusively from the post.
laugh.gif
. How's that 'his game will fall off of a cliff once his athleticism goes' look now? 

Wade's team. Wade County. Robin. Pippen. Sidekick. Right. Must suck knowing that LeBron willed that team to the finish-line this year (until the rest decided to show up) right? It's too bad knowing you can't hold on to what you once thought could with that Bron/Wade dynamic to dock him a title(s). 

'Wait until the playoffs' - 'Wait until the Finals.' 1 rebound shy (or really, a cramp) away from finishing it off with consecutive triple doubles. Scared of the moment. 

Overrated defender. Someone on here called him the most overrated defender in the history of the game. Yet anchored Miami's defense (and rebounding) that featured one player taller than 6'8. Starting since the Indiana series he averaged 11 rebounds a game through the Finals and guarded everyone from Rondo, KD to David West and so on.

LeBron doesn't work hard. Right. He'll forever be known as a quitter. Right. Find me a player who from Christmas to last night that played harder than LeBron James. Doesn't exist. 

I'll stop there. You just watched one of the greatest post-season performances from one of the best players you'll ever see. I'm not asking anyone to like him now, I don't expect you to - you don't have to respect him even - but this is what you watched. Deal with it. 

Allen's dead on. 
pimp.gif

This postseason was an amazing one from Lebron.  Historical level.  He responded to last year the way you are supposed to respond and he's earned his title.  He had an unbelievable run and answered every question. 

Props to Lebron and the true Heat fans, as well as the true Lebron fans out there. 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom