Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

No horse in the race just want an entertaining long series

Bosh and Westbrook will be the key players to me, I expect Lebron, Durant, Harden and Wade to cancel each others greatness out

with that said I think OKC wins in 7

I'd love to see OKC win, but Miami HAS to win at this point - they have to fulfill promises made. Time to live up to the hype.

Still, as long as it's a good series. Give me 6-7 games of heart & drama and I'm a happy man.

Damn, the odds in Vegas are HEAVILY in favor of the Thunder. I knew the Heat would be the underdogs, but not by this much. Hope they can feed off nobody believing in them.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Damn, the odds in Vegas are HEAVILY in favor of the Thunder. I knew the Heat would be the underdogs, but not by this much. Hope they can feed off nobody believing in them.
I had bet my boy $25 with 8-1 Odds that the Thunder would sweep the Celts... Wish I coulda got a shot at that $200.

What's the odds on Heat Thunder?

LeBron James, Kevin Durant Meet in Finals
By Alex Kennedy
NBA Writer

Last November, LeBron James and Kevin Durant felt each other’s pain. Both players had just been eliminated from the 2011 NBA Playoffs by the Dallas Mavericks and they had the duration of the lockout to replay the losses in their head. With the season delayed, they couldn’t get the bad taste out of their mouths right away, but they could work hard to ensure that next year would be different.

James and Durant woke up early every morning and trained together at the University of Akron. They worked out in the weight room, exercised in the swimming pool, performed conditioning drills on the football field and ran through drills on the basketball court. The duo called the four-day span ‘Hell Week’ since the workouts were so rigorous.

James and Durant pushed each other to work harder and improve. Neither player wanted to endure another painful postseason loss. Both had dreams of hoisting the Larry O’Brien trophy.

Seven months later, one player is guaranteed to achieve his goal. Only two teams remain in the 2012 NBA Playoffs: the Miami HEAT and Oklahoma City Thunder. James and Durant will come face-to-face again, competing across from one another just as they did in that empty Akron gym.

It was inevitable. At some point, Durant and James were going to collide in the NBA Finals. The three-time scoring champion against the three-time Most Valuable Player. The best player in the Western Conference against the best player in the Eastern Conference. The hero against the villain. Among all active players, James and Durant rank one and two in postseason points per game.

This is the match-up that the basketball world has been anticipating, with both players competing for their first ring.

After witnessing Durant’s work ethic firsthand during their training sessions, James realized that he would eventually have to defeat his workout partner if he wanted to win a championship.

“I envisioned it every day we worked out,

America's general perception of him, fueled 100% by the media; The Decision, The not 1 not 2 not 3 thing at the party, The Chosen 1 Tattoos, the go back to your regular life statement, etc. None of it bothered me any, but as you see there's a "Heat haters" thread and Skip Bayless types in the media so that's how it's going to be pushed. LeBron vs the anti LeBron. Their public images couldn't be more opposite.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

America's general perception of him, fueled 100% by the media; The Decision, The not 1 not 2 not 3 thing at the party, The Chosen 1 Tattoos, the go back to your regular life statement, etc. None of it bothered me any, but as you see there's a "Heat haters" thread and Skip Bayless types in the media so that's how it's going to be pushed. LeBron vs the anti LeBron. Their public images couldn't be more opposite.

Yeah it's just stupid at this point Lebron is a nice guy from what I heard but these idiots really think because he left during his free agency he is a bad guy.

i hope this series goes 7 games... really let these guys lay it all out there. Durant has been shooting lights out lately... taking OKC for the ship

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

I had bet my boy $25 with 8-1 Odds that the Thunder would sweep the Celts... Wish I coulda got a shot at that $200.

What's the odds on Heat Thunder?

now Vegas gonna have ppl throwing money at mia because of the starting odds.  Crazy to see okc heavily favored.  Should be, but not that much

Originally Posted by SoleAsian

Whoever wins a game on the road takes this.

Spoiler [+]
Hoping it's Miami but OKC will probably win this year

I think okc steals one in mia, not sure if mia can take two in old
that atmosphere in okc is nuts.  Can you imagine LBJ shooting fts with game/series on the line

I am just excited. Don't care who wins but I want to see good basketball.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Can you guys believe we finally got an NBA finals with perhaps the best versus the second best player in the league?

^lol that guy has a point tho, OKC is undefeated at home and Miami has lost alot on the road this year in the playoffs. With that said OKC in 6 with OKC taking the first 2, then 1 on the road, and then finish it in game 6.

Best finals match up in years. Going to be so many athletic freaks on the court at once.

Heat in 7

Back
Top Bottom