Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

I want the Heat to win tonight and take a 3-1 lead but my gut says the refs and stern make sure OKC wins tonight
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

OKC hadn't played a good game yet. I think they are due and wouldn't be surprised if they win big.
And the heat shot the worst percentage outside of the paint by an NBA finals squad in 15 years, not to mention they had 9 TOs in the final 12 mins.

I can't imagine that happening for the second consecutive game at home.

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Durant had 4 points and Lebron had 8 points, its not like either were completing dominating (and Durant sat on the bench for almost a quarter, its going to catch up to you). Lebron IS over-rated as a man defender but that doesn't mean he's a bad one.

If bron had four points in the fourth and lost this place would be clowning him to all hell. Now since he's been killing it consistently people are ragging on his defense. The hate is unbelievable.

QFT
Where do you see anything about "ragging" on his defense though? That has never been one of his weak suits....people are saying he is one the best one on one defender and all I said was that he is over-rated in that aspect. Nobody can criticize his communication and leadership on the defensive side of the ball and how he leads the team defense.
...and of course people would criticize Lebron if he only had 4 points in the 4th quarter, you'd expect more out of the MVP considering what happened last year, would'nt you? 

It would be warranted, its not "hate".

i feel they have to look at this like gm 7. in fact every game should be gm 7. i think scotty brooks lets Westbrook off the leash tonight. they cant go down 3-1. i think that sense of urgency will be back. i expect Russy to spazz tonight. and durant to have a similar game. i dont think wade will be effective. harden needs to get it going. LBJ will be LBJ.

Tonight is the series. Mayb harden shows up. Expect miami to pound the ball inside again as they shoukd

Originally Posted by ill steelo

OKC hadn't played a good game yet. I think they are due and wouldn't be surprised if they win big.
And the heat shot the worst percentage outside of the paint by an NBA finals squad in 15 years, not to mention they had 9 TOs in the final 12 mins.

I can't imagine that happening for the second consecutive game at home.

They did shoot terribly and they have for the majority of the postseason....it's just that Lebron's greatness has overshadowed their inadequacies and made them a non-issue or topic of conversation.  Battier catching fire this series has saved them as well. 

They did shoot terribly and they have for the majority of the postseason....it's just that Lebron's greatness has overshadowed their inadequacies and made them a non-issue or topic of conversation.  Battier catching fire this series has saved them as well. 
Their shooting woes before this series could be directly attributed to Bosh's absence and Haslem's/Battier's inability to knock down his shot which lead to a lack of floor spacing.

In the last game, Bron & Bosh alone were a combined 2/14 outside the paint and those are two of the better jump shooters in the league. They helped contribute to MIA's worst outside shooting performance since Bron & Bosh joined the team.

It's unlikely that they'll keep missing those looks for the remainder of the series.

Originally Posted by KMante

Neither have the Heat.

I expect a great game tonite!

Then what do you call game 2??? Miami shot 47%, 43% from the 3, 22-25 from the FT. Bron had 32, Wade had 24, Battier had 17 on 5-7 3 pt shooting, Bosh had 16 and 15. Thats the best the heat will do on paper with 4 people over 15 points.

I understand Bosh being a good outside shooter but BRON is extremely streaky, as is Wade.

It's about time Bron has begun to attack the paint at will, has he even attempted a single 3 pointer?

I understand Bosh being a good outside shooter but BRON is extremely streaky
His jump shooting numbers the past few seasons have been on par with Melo, Durant & Kobe

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Their shooting woes before this series could be directly attributed to Bosh's absence and Haslem's/Battier's inability to knock down his shot which lead to a lack of floor spacing.

In the last game, Bron & Bosh alone were a combined 2/14 outside the paint and those are two of the better jump shooters in the league. They helped contribute to MIA's worst outside shooting performance since Bron & Bosh joined the team.

It's unlikely that they'll keep missing those looks for the remainder of the series.

I think OKC's length and athelticism has affected Miami's jumpshooters (despite their poor closeouts fouling 3 pt shooters).  Miami also has shot a lot better at the FT line during this series.  OKC had a lot of erros and turnovers in the 4th quarter as well and shot terribly at the FT line.  I expect both teams to play better overall in Game 4. 

Bron did hit a 3 to put Miami up 1 in Game 3 at the end of the 3rd I think. 

I understand Bosh being a good outside shooter but BRON is extremely streaky, as is Wade.

It's about time Bron has begun to attack the paint at will, has he even attempted a single 3 pointer?

He made a 3 last game in the fourth I believe. Call him streaky but hes a solid shooter with percentages in the top 5 i believe, and those shots should be falling at home.We expect a better fourth qtr from Durant especially as the supposed best scorer in the league, especially after a great 4th game 2. We will see tonight, I expect a stellar performance from Durant and hopefully they actually play Westbrook this time
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

He's attempted a couple, I think he has only hit one

He hit one in Game 3.

Tonight is going to be a close game I think. OKC is going to come out aggressive because they can't afford to go down 3-1.

The better not have a slow start again.
30t6p3b.gif

For the Heat, someone outside of Battier is going to have to make jumpshots. Bosh, Rio, and Mike Miller's corpse need to make their open shots so OKC can't pack the lane when LeBron and Wade drive.

Speaking of Wade, wonder how he's going to sabotage the game tonight.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by dreClark

He's attempted a couple, I think he has only hit one

He hit one in Game 3.

Tonight is going to be a close game I think. OKC is going to come out aggressive because they can't afford to go down 3-1.

The better not have a slow start again.
30t6p3b.gif

For the Heat, someone outside of Battier is going to have to make jumpshots. Bosh, Rio, and Mike Miller's corpse need to make their open shots so OKC can't pack the lane when LeBron and Wade drive.

Speaking of Wade, wonder how he's going to sabotage the game tonight.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Wade called in Tim Grover to help him out the rest of the Finals, so we shall see. 

Two things ----

Harden is going to struggle in the half court. Miami is trapping the pick and roll and forcing him to give up the ball. He has to get his points somewhere else.

OKC needs to run more. Miami's transition defense is bad.

their transition defense is amazing. the only times is sucks is when wade doesnt get back because he is complaining

Originally Posted by DubA169

their transition defense is amazing. the only times is sucks is when wade doesnt get back because he is complaining

Which is like every play.
laugh.gif

Plus Chalmers tends to get lost and doesnt get back either.

Foul trouble has hurt the thunder more than anything. Gotta adjust defensively or theres no chance this goes back to okc.

Back
Top Bottom