Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
 @ Lebatard

fisher stopping a full speed lebron was the most impressive thing about these finals. props to the heat and lebron on his first ring but i was expecting a lot more from this matchup.

Congrats to the Miami Heat. Chalmers, Miller, and Battier really came through and stepped up through this playoffs run.
They played their role and executed appropriately hitting and knocking down shots when passed to.

LeBreezy, Dwyane & Chris have silenced all the critics and haters and go their rings. Looks like the big 3 can work, after all.
LeBreezy is a champion. What can ya'll say now? I though LeBreezy wasn't gonna win until his mid 30's, but he shut me up. Miami squad is for real!

OKC has always had the problem of only three people only being capable of putting the ball into the hoop and getting buckets. Harden. Kev, and Russ. They don't have enough scoring from their role players, and that's what backfired against them. The only way they could have beat Miami was to keep hitting jumpshots which do kill you when they aren't going down.
The officiating in this series was very poor and horrible, but that doesn't explain why James Harden and Ibaka forgot how to play basketball. James Harden choked on a drumstick throughout the whoole series with the exception of Game 2. Ibaka talkin' about how LeBreezy can't D up, when Miami was drivin' in and all over him. #NoNasty.

I will miss the LeBron meme's and ringless jokes
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif
but, homie is an all-time great and talent. He's either 1A or 1B best player in the world alongside (Kobe).

Nike did a great job with that commercial, I was spooked when I seen it air right after LeBreezy and the heat won the championship
laugh.gif

Nike gonna go all out with the clothing and gear now that King James has been crowned.

Miami is going to be the favorite to repeat obviously, because of their starting five. Boston and Chicago are going to be the two teams that could dethrone them. In the West, Lakers, Spurs, Thunder, and Memphis are going to be trouble as well.

Now we gotta wait 4 & 1/2 months for Basketball
ohwell.gif

Yeah its funny, i think the Lakers would gave the Heat a better challenge than the Thunder but they just couldnt get past them. OKC definitely depended on KD and Westbrook too much.

LeBatard is the man. Made Screamin A, Jon Barry, Skip Bayless, Bill Simmons and the rest of those clowns look foolish.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Wait, who said anything about "wanting more blood than a flagrant"? Dirty Fisher got what he deserved: a flagrant. I was arguing against the guys like SneakerPro who thought otherwise and turned his tv off after the call.

I'm still not sure which side of the fence you stand on because in one post, you say "you guys are bent about it and demanding flagrants and techs and %$+@", as if a flagrant wasn't deserved there. And in your very next post, you say "And I ain't backin Fish for anything, I'm laughing at all these guys still upset about that play and wanting even more blood than a flagrant".

And I'm tired of guys bringing up, "oh, if this was the old nba, blah blah blah". Fact is, thanks to Ron Artest, Ben Wallace, etc, the L no longer operates like that. The players have adjusted. Now you should too.

My bad for not bein more clear, no that should not have been a flagrant.  That was a pathetic call.  But it was meaningless grand scheme, wasn't changing anything about the mo of the game or anything like that. 

As for backin Fish, nothin to back him for.  That's just Xtap runnin his mouth as usual and claimin I was.  Fish's career speaks for itself, he don't need me to back or defend anything.  I simply explained the difference between his foul on Scola vs this one.  Very different types of fouls/calls there.  Scola one you could certainly call flagrant.  This one, no damn way.  No matter what Artest and Ben did, that was barely a foul at all.  Heavy contact, SOLID contact, sure, but does not every single person alive now complain about flopping and all that on these charges/blocks?  If Fish would have flopped back 16 rows people would have lost their damn minds over it.  Fish took the charge full speed, and stopped that $+!@. 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
  The foul was called on Fish, I'm fine with that.  But flagrant? 
grin.gif
  That's for @#$%^&*.  That was a grown man play, call was made, ok.  But flagrant?  Cuz of what Ben and Ron did back in 04?  Shiiiiiiiiieeeee

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

I'm indifferent to the Heat winning, couldn't care less, it was bound to happen if they were healthy, so whatever.

Pathetic coaching from OKC coaching staff. Absolutely pathetic. And even more than that, shame on Scott Brooks for not standing up for his team to the NBA and their officials. Dude ain't even get a technical the whole series as he stood on the sideline and watched his team get no calls and get disrespected as if they were a JV team, and didn't have homecourt. If I were a part of Thunder management, I'd suggest giving Phil Jackson a call.

Once they called that flagrant foul on Derek Fisher, I might have seen another 8 secs of that game, that was just the icing on the cake for a pathetic post season of officiating, the worse I've seen since the Laker-Kings series from back in the day.

I'm gonna watch closely to see what new rules the competition committee implements, because all this flopping, rogue officiating, and standing under players to draw a charge who are already in the air has to stop. If new rules that I agree with aren't implemented, I'm limiting my basketball to the Cavs, because the NBA is not basketball/sport, it's business entertainment. College and high school is the only true basketball left.

No hating just how I feel #KanyeShrug

I was also expecting Brooks to get a T or something. He gave no confidence to his players and his defensive strategy was obviously trash. His offense reminds me of the hawks/knicks offense.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

He's either 1A or 1B best player in the world alongside (Kobe).
How does anyone who watches basketball on a consistent basis (have league pass... still think Kobe is on par with Lebron NOW? And in the conversation for the best player in the league? How is that even possible?
The best 2 players in the league BY FAR are Lebron and Durant. It's not even a debate. 

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

He's either 1A or 1B best player in the world alongside (Kobe).
How does anyone who watches basketball on a consistent basis (have league pass... still think Kobe is on par with Lebron NOW? And in the conversation for the best player in the league? How is that even possible?
The best 2 players in the league BY FAR are Lebron and Durant. It's not even a debate. 

The best and second best player situation this season has been quite unique. I don't believe that there has ever been a time in NBA history where one player has so CLEARLY been the best player in the league (LeBron) and another player (Durant) so CLEARLY been the second player.

There is no rational, objective argument you can make for LeBron not being ANYTHING BUT the best player in the league right now without looking like a troll/hater.
There is no rational, objective argument you can make for Durant not being ANYTHING BUT the second best player in the league right now without looking like a troll/hater.

From then on it becomes very debatable and there is a group of 5 or so players who battle for the 3-7 spots.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

donmega:
MoonMan818:
Heats still get the * for the shortened season...

Talk to me when you guys take the chip in a real season.

Question though, if it was OKC that wins the 'chip... would you still consider it an *? Let's say it's your team that won, would you still consider the *?
I always say this in defense of the Spurs in '99. I know, I'm a Lakers fan and I'm supposed to hate the Spurs and never defend them or whatever, but the "Shortened season in '99; doesn't count" logic is type ******ed.
laugh.gif
They played the same season everyone else played. Went through the same playoffs everyone else did. Won the championship that every other team had the opportunity to appear in. Why doesn't that count? And all the folks saying that, would they say it if their team won? Nnnnoope. My fellow Laker brethren, would they be like 'Nah, we really only have 15 chips; '99 doesn't count'? HAYL nah.
laugh.gif

I hear what you're saying and think everything you said is ******ed. Go watch the Sparks brah.

If OKC, LAL, or the Bucks won I would have said the same thing. It was a shortened irregular season which isn't like a team taking the Chip in a regular season, so if you think it is... Keep thinking that way but I would think you're stupid.

If you ask a player, would you rather win a lockout season or a regular season, no one would say... "You know what, I think I wanna take one in a short lockout season... that would be Rad."

Either way.... congratulations to Lebron James for getting his first championship hopefully it isn't his last.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

donmega:
Question though, if it was OKC that wins the 'chip... would you still consider it an *? Let's say it's your team that won, would you still consider the *?
I always say this in defense of the Spurs in '99. I know, I'm a Lakers fan and I'm supposed to hate the Spurs and never defend them or whatever, but the "Shortened season in '99; doesn't count" logic is type ******ed.
laugh.gif
They played the same season everyone else played. Went through the same playoffs everyone else did. Won the championship that every other team had the opportunity to appear in. Why doesn't that count? And all the folks saying that, would they say it if their team won? Nnnnoope. My fellow Laker brethren, would they be like 'Nah, we really only have 15 chips; '99 doesn't count'? HAYL nah.
laugh.gif
I hear what you're saying and think everything you said is ******ed. Go watch the Sparks brah.

If OKC, LAL, or the Bucks won I would have said the same thing. It was a shortened irregular season which isn't like a team taking the Chip in a regular season, so if you think it is... Keep thinking that way but I would think you're stupid.

If you ask a player, would you rather win a lockout season or a regular season, no one would say... "You know what, I think I wanna take one in a short lockout season... that would be Rad."

Either way.... congratulations to Lebron James for getting his first championship hopefully it isn't his last.

Looooooooooooolssssssss why you watched and prayed they lost all season then. The intensity was high from day one BECAUSE they started on christmas. LEBRON GOT THE RING DUNNY!! :)))))))))))))

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

Fisher made no attempt at the ball, though. He slide into position and threw his body into the shooter. At least that's what I saw.

That's what I saw too. Fisher has done something similar to that before (Lakers v Rockets) and got hit with a flagrant and ejection. He's a low key dirty player and I absolutely think he's a POS. There is ZERO place in basketball for plays like that. As the union head, it's no wonder the players were looking to remove him from that position. He's a dirty player who resorts to cheap tactics to cover up the fact that he has limited skills on the court. Even Laker fans will admit that Fisher has been washed up for several seasons now. I might actually be more happy that he did NOT get another ring than I am happy LeBron got one. ##$@ Derek Fisher.

Come the hell on. 
laugh.gif

The freight train is rollin quick at 275 full speed ahead, and little Fisher is basically standing there for the obvious block/charge call, and suddenly Lebron just STOPS. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Full speed ahead Lebron James got STUCK by D Fish, and you guys are bent about it and demanding flagrants and techs and %$+@. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If Wade tried that same exact play on Bron, Wade would have had to been airlifted out of the arena on lifeflight.  Neck brace, back board, immobilized, they woulda found him in the 11th row.  Fish, barely took a half step backwards.

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Flagrant.  Dirty. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
This is today's NBA I guess.  Smallest dude on the court stops the biggest guy cold in his tracks without any sort of takedown, elbow, any of that, just a SOLID wall put up for the block/charge and folks want guys ejected and shot on sight. 
30t6p3b.gif

What Fish did to Scola was a payback.  Scola had scrapped Fish the play before, so before the screen, Fish looked for him first and delivered a closed in bow and Scola dropped like a sack of potatoes.  Again, Scola is very much bigger than Fish, but went down like a sniper caught him. 
laugh.gif
  This play was Fish pullin his Shane Battier only Battier dives straight to the ground on impact, Fish stood there, and took 275 lbs at full speed and got backed up half a step
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
So true man.  They dont make female organs like Wade anymore.  He's a special breed.  Cut from a different clitoris.

Congrats to Lebron though.  Dude beasted.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

He lowered his shoulder and DROVE it toward Lebron. That's something a safety in football does. In basketball that should be a foul...And it was.

No one is denying it was a foul, it's the flagrant aspect that's being called into question.

I thought it was a hard foul but not a flagrant.
this...i mean Fisher has to stand his ground too. But most def. not a flagrant

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Looooooooooooolssssssss why you watched and prayed they lost all season then. The intensity was high from day one BECAUSE they started on christmas. LEBRON GOT THE RING DUNNY!! :)))))))))))))

I enjoy rooting against him... He's a player that I appreciate even though I root against him... Just like Tim Duncan and Dirk.

I hope Lebron ends up with 7 or 8... real titles.

MoonMan818:

Sure, if you asked a player whether they would rather have a 'full season championship' or a 'lockout season championship', they'd say they want the full season one. But there are 2 things to that:

#1- the ONLY reason they'd want the full season ring is to shut folks like you up; it's NOT because they think it's worth less. You think the Thunder are thinking "Oh well, it was just a lockout championship anyways. Don't get too bummed, guys"?! Yeah right.
laugh.gif

#2- What if you asked a player "Would you rather a 'lockout championship' one time in your career, or no championship ever?', the hell'd you think they'd say?
laugh.gif

Anybody know how to reserve tickets for the championship celebration? I can't see it on heat.com.. nvm it is sold out.. anybody else going to the parade?

Back
Top Bottom