Official Minnesota Timberwolves 2012 Off-Season Thread ... Andrei Kirilenko signed for 2 years/20 mi

https://twitter.com/#!/MarkRemme
Mark Remme @MarkRemme Saturday's win improved the #Twolves' record against Western Conference teams to 9-5 (MN went 7-45 against the West a season ago).

pimp.gif

https://twitter.com/#!/jjbareapr
José Juan Barea @jjbareapr Going over to @kevinlove house to watch the #patriots get a win ... Coqui
https://twitter.com/#!/rickyrubio9
Ricky Rubio @rickyrubio9 I'm going to @kevinlove 's to watch the SB. @8MichaelBeasley do u come or u are too good?

Not overly significant, but nice to see the team spending time with each other off the basketball court.

Someone put a lot of money on the game at Kev's house. I hope nobody bet with Pek
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
was out of town all weekend but nice to come home to see this

Pek!
eek.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

14 teams currently below us in the standings
pimp.gif
  Still tracking that draft pick of ours
laugh.gif

Phew is right.

I will ask AGAIN... what the hell has Wes Johnson EVER done to warrant a starting spot? Ellington has done more than him. Beasley has done more than him. Tolliver has done more than him. It's truly unbelievable that this guy ever is etched into the starting five.

Beasley was 7-21 today
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

However, since we won, we'll focus on the more important things.

Rubio: 6 points, 6 rebounds, 14 assists.
Pekovic: 23 points, 10 rebounds.
D-Will: 14 points, 8 rebounds.

Memphis tomorrow. They're on a three game losing streak... lets take advantage.
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e_r.gif

pos min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a off def tot ast pf st to bs ba pts
M. Lee F 23:47 7-15 0-2 2-2 -7 1 1 2 6 4 0 3 0 0 16

What do we do once Darko recovers? Does he go back being the starting center now that Pekovic is exploding?
I hope Adelman doesnt make that mistake

Starting lineups are overrated. It's a big thing on paper yes but we fixate too much on it (me included).

I'm good with Adelman's game planning. He will play you based on what he thinks you are worth. If Darko comes back and is back to starting he also may play about 12 mins with Pek playing the majority of the rest and the final quarter.

The thing with Darko is on the defensive end he alters shots with his long arms. He's going to play.

Pek has been a monster. I cannot believe this was the guy a few weeks ago watching him clang shot after shot off the backboard and just run with his head down and I'm saying "why is this dude even in the NBA" LOL WOW.

Great win again Tues, I'll take it.

We're 13-12 and still in last place good grief!

Pretty big win last night fellas. Even though it was Sac I considered it a crucial game with Love out. Hopefully they can get Memphis, but 1-1 wouldn't be all that bad with their best player out.

Wolves basketball is exciting again!

Didn't see last nights game, but heard we played terrrrible. Still in shock that Rubio had ONE assist???

Anyways, to cheer us up, another brilliant GIF(t) from the Timbertrolls:

1zy991j.jpg

I also missed last night's game, but a 1-1 split without Love is fine. I'm hoping at some point the Wolves can rip off 4 or 5 in a row to this thing moving.

Yeah, when the suspension was made, I was thinking 1-1 probably would be best case scenario. Agree, now that we've gotten the .500 monkey off our back we can commence.

What are your thoughts 651 (and anyone) on the potential of signing J.R. Smith. I know he can be a headache, tornado of emotional atrocity, but he's a sure-fire SG with scoring ability and we could sign him without trading away any assets.

I think Adelman is a coach that can handle anyone. I'd definitely say it's worth a look.

Beyond that, within the SG realm I'm also excited to get Malcolm Lee back as I think that will help a LOT. Had 16 points and 6 assists in 1st game back in the D-League. Will provide a nice compliment to Rubio and some needed defense at the guard spot.

I think they could find a way to make JR work, because he is definitely a talent. Adelman would just have to fit him in with the flow of the offense. I think he helps in transition, but I worry he's too much of a ball stopper in the half court sets and we've already got Beasley.

I think the Wolves may hold off and wait until the draft when you have some pretty good SG talent. Terrence Ross is a GREAT closer and would be absoulety pefect for Minnesota, but there is also Rivers from Duke that they could swipe. It's hard to bank on the draft when you're trying to make a run, but realisitically the Wolves are a year and a SG away from truly contending.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I think they could find a way to make JR work, because he is definitely a talent. Adelman would just have to fit him in with the flow of the offense. I think he helps in transition, but I worry he's too much of a ball stopper in the half court sets and we've already got Beasley.

I think the Wolves may hold off and wait until the draft when you have some pretty good SG talent. Terrence Ross is a GREAT closer and would be absoulety pefect for Minnesota, but there is also Rivers from Duke that they could swipe. It's hard to bank on the draft when you're trying to make a run, but realisitically the Wolves are a year and a SG away from truly contending.
Crazy that this has become a reality. Thank you Rubio. Thank you Adelman.

Would be insane to sweep the Mavs tonight. I have a bad feeling though, just feel like they've GOT to come out and take 1 right? Hope I'm wrong. Think this may be the first game J.J. will be able to play his former team, so hopefully his feistyness and K-Love's first game back are enough for a huge sweep.

I like the idea of signing JR Smith. Need veteran talent... I'd be willing to part with Webster or Randolph to make it happen. I would rather dump Johnson or Darko, but their contracts are too big.

Darko and Wes, as nice of guys as they are, should really never see the floor.

Back
Top Bottom