Official Minnesota Timberwolves 2012 Off-Season Thread ... Andrei Kirilenko signed for 2 years/20 mi

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Hopefully RICKY shows up and the rest of the team doesn't

And HOOD, I can think of Hibbert, Brook AND Robin Lopez, Camby, and JaVale McGee. Those guys might have signed contracts as of recent, but I didn't see it. Four of them are restricted I think, but if we throw a lot of money at them, maybe their team won't match.

I could see Beasley in Charlotte, I think I read something that said they had interest in him but Minnesota nabbed him from Miami first.

Game 7 of 2004 playoffs on NBATV............
frown.gif

shocking adelman and brad miller are on this team now
laugh.gif

Amazing win last night. So shorthanded yet they pulled it out and won handedly. Can't emphasize enough how great Rubio is playing. He's also a fantasy stud already with his across the board production haha.

There's been A LOT of negativity from the national media about the Love signing. The fact that he wanted 5 years, and wanted to commit and we didn't, is a bit surprising and kind of depressing. On the other hand it does create more flexibility for us to sign other players eventually, this summer or next. (My main targets would be Hibbert, Gordon, or Batum.)

Back on the Rubio bit: many talk about his turnovers, but I looked it up today and in TO per game, Rondo, Nash, Lowry and D-Will all turn the ball over more than Rubio does.

Been to two games this year so far: Miami (L) and Sacto (W) and I'm going to 2 more for sure, Lakers this Sunday and Clippers in April.

So great to have a fun team to watch, and really they are better RIGHT NOW than we could have ever hoped for. This is with literally 1/4 of our team hurt. Once get Beasley, Webster, Lee, and Miller too.....look out!

#HOWL

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Game 7 of 2004 playoffs on NBATV............
frown.gif

shocking adelman and brad miller are on this team now
laugh.gif
That series showed KG definitely could be clutch..People never remember the big shots and great plays he made down the stretch. Dummies.

Shady - I agree on those thoughts. The beauty of the Love situation is as long as this team keeps improving and winning Love will likely keep staying. Winning solves all and Kahn knows that. The length of this deal (or the media's favorite lines this week of "You may have just irked your best player!!") really mean nothing. Three to four years from now if the Wolves are a top Western team or near there Love aint going nowhere. The key was just locking him up now. And they kept some flexibility.

Been closely following this Eric Gordon situation down in Charlotte, man it would be nice if we could make a play for him. As I've said all along it's going to be interesting what Kahn and company do with this roster the next couple years. We have numerous guys who do not need to be here. And we badly need a SG who brings pressure to opponents. It has been SO long.

Friday update:
Here's the news: Shooting guard Martell Webster and center Brad Miller are available to play tonight. Point guard Luke Ridnour, who missed the Dallas game with a sore knee, is also ready to return. Michael Beasley (mid-foot sprain) will be a game-time decision. J.J. Barea (hamstring) and Malcolm Lee (knee) are both out.

Love contract update:
Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor said one big reason he didn't sign Kevin Love to a five-year contract calling for $80 million and instead made a deal for four years and $61 million -- even though it allows Love the option to become a free agent after three years -- is that the leagues' new collective bargaining agreement will allow the Wolves to offer Love more money than any other NBA team on his next contract negotiation.

"So we feel we can still keep Kevin," Taylor said. "Like this contract, we can give him a better contract in the future than anyone else. And we don't have to wait until the end of the contract and we can give him an extension. We can add on two or three years later on before [the new contract] runs out.

"This worked out, I think, good for both Kevin and us. It gives him the maximum. He's going to play this year [under his rookie contract] and then for the next three years or four years he gets the maximum, which is good for him. And we can extend the contract out longer at that time.

"And you know, Kevin is an important part of it, but we have to be able to work in some other players in the future, too. This gives us some flexibility and still allows Kevin to get the money, the maximum money."

Taylor said Love's big contract won't prevent the Wolves from signing some free agents to large contracts.

"We would have room even after Kevin," Taylor said. "We have it figured out for three years ahead that we can keep all the good guys that we need. We have a plan here."

http://www.startribune.co...ts/wolves/138171029.html

"I've had more experience with these things," Taylor said Thursday. "I feel that I don't have to talk as much, and I feel more confident in our position. We stated right up front what our position (with Love) was, where in the other one (Garnett), it probably took a lot longer - a lot more communications, a lot more back and forth. To me, this one was a lot more businesslike. Even though the (discussions about) length went on, I didn't feel it was contentious or anything like that."

Love's agent wanted five years; the Wolves held firm on four. The Garnett contract negotiation was much tougher.

"Because we were talking about the tax phase and all that stuff, so it really cost us a lot of money," Taylor said.

Love's $62 million still is a lot of money. Taylor, who had Wolves President David Kahn negotiate the Love deal, was asked if he enjoys working on player contracts.

"It isn't what I call fun because it's a big, important matter," he said. "I want to get (Love), and I want to make sure we don't make mistakes. And it's always a possibility that you could say something wrong and hurt feelings and stuff."

Love's agent, Jeff Schwartz, asked that Taylor and Kahn work solely through him and not involve Love in negotiations. "And David (Kahn) honored that," Taylor said. "The first time I talked to Kevin was yesterday, before he signed the contract. But he had already agreed to it."

Taylor congratulated Love on Wednesday and explained that Schwartz had asked him not to directly negotiate with him. "I told Kevin I had honored that," Taylor said.

In coming days, Taylor and Love will meet to chat about the future and how the Wolves can continue improving. Love told Taylor he looks forward to that.

Taylor said he was "really pleased" with the Love signing. "This is a good deal for us and for Kevin," Taylor said. "It leaves us some flexibility so that we have the possibility of signing some other guys in the future, which we're going to have to do. And we can come back to Kevin in a few years and extend him."

The Oklahoma City Thunder recently signed star guard Russell Westbrook to an $80 million, five-year NBA-maximum contract. Westbrook came out of the same 2008 draft as Love, who also was eligible for a five-year deal worth approximately the same.

"The reason we weren't going to go there is that the difference between us and Oklahoma is, Oklahoma is winning and actually thought of as a team that could get into the (NBA Finals)," Taylor said. "They're established. We're still a team, though getting better, that I don't know if I've got all of the right guys yet. I don't know how well some of the other guys are going to develop.

"So I think I need more flexibility to make sure that we get there. What I said to (Schwartz) is, quite frankly, 'You guys can get your money. I'm willing to not wait until the end of the (current) contract to extend Kevin out again."

In return, Schwartz wanted Love to be able to opt out of the new contract after three years. Taylor agreed. He said he isn't too worried about losing Love then. "We could always offer him the best contract going ahead, sign him for another four years," Taylor said.

That flexibility could allow the Wolves to sign current rookies Ricky Rubio and Derrick Williams to new contracts when they become eligible.

"Or to go out and get another guy," Taylor said. "I'm looking out for what's best for the team."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_19830585

Cono did you see the stupid +$+ Pekovic Boys? You work for the Wolves, halt this copycat wannabe tomfoolery?

Huge win. Took over with like three minutes... Rubio and Love were CLUTCH.

ONE win away from .500, ill be at the Lakers game Sunday.

Doo, ill PM you about the bet you lost tomorrow
pimp.gif

Wait there were some Pek boys out there? All I can say is that they don't have a Wolves Nation article.
But you guys might have picked the wrong Serbian 
frown.gif
 Pekman Jones might be legit.

Your boy sent me a tweet, but I was with my family down like ten rows up from the court.   I did brush shoulders with Duncan and Parker though 
pimp.gif

JPZ where your Laker tickets at? I'll be roaming with that SLR camera... 

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

Wait there were some Pek boys out there? All I can say is that they don't have a Wolves Nation article.
JPZ where your Laker tickets at? I'll be roaming with that SLR camera... 

Yeah they were in the section across from the Wolves bench.
30t6p3b.gif

Tickets are 121 right above the tunnel
pimp.gif
... won't be with the Darko Boys, but still.

https://twitter.com/#!/RealDwill7
RealDwill7 Derrick Williams

Great win .. Everything is that much better when you win ! #wolves

https://twitter.com/#!/WayneElli22
WayneElli22 Wayne Ellington

Another big win tonight! Let's keep it rollin! Need everybody to come out on Sunday.. #twolves #makeitwayne

https://twitter.com/#!/rickyrubio9
rickyrubio9 Ricky Rubio

Great W tonight. I enjoyed a lot playing w this crowd. Let's do the .500 on Sunday against my friend @paugasol . Let's go Wolves!!!

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Got back from the game...

Even when they lose, they are just so fun to watch... I love the team...

I couldnt cheer against my son the Mamba, though...
laugh.gif
But every other laker i could/did...

Great game again.. hadf fun
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Even when they lose, they are just so fun to watch... I love the team...

I couldnt cheer against my son the Mamba, though...
laugh.gif
But every other laker i could/did...
> Wolves fan
> Cheering for Kobe

Pick one

The T'Wolves could be scary if they could get a swingman worth a damn on the team. Beasley is the closest to that guy, but he leaves a lot to be desired in too many areas.

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21
> Wolves fan
> Cheering for Kobe

Pick one
Can't. The Mamba is mamba.
I wasnt necessarily clapping for him every time he dropped one of his 35.

but i had the I Aint even mad face on...

I could definitely live with 33-33 this season.

It's all about 2012-2013.

By the way, the #2 pick in he NBA Draft played only seven minutes tonight.

33-33 is fine with me

Derrick will be fine. Adelman is gonna play who ever is producing.

GREAT win
pimp.gif

My thoughts on Beasley's future with this team changes nightly 
laugh.gif

You look at how offensive-deficient our wings are and you say we have to keep this man around his god given talent is just too good at times.

I agree we still cannot make strong statements about DWill yet however we can at least say this: 1/3 of the season in he has been a complete flop. Yes there are many factors at play here (where to play him being one) but the beauty of the NBA is this:  Players who end up being stars or superstars in this league typically show it right out of the gate.

Ricky Rubio can be this year's example of that.

Wes Johnson I know I harp on this kid but I can't watch him anymore. He needs to go and he is yet another wasted draft pick for the Wolves.

Wes had a stellar 4 points and 6 turnovers again last night and looked completely lost. My man: You have attempted 10 free throws in 426 minutes this year.

Mike Beasley coming off the bench attempted 12 free throws last night.

Back
Top Bottom