Official Minnesota Timberwolves 2012 Off-Season Thread ... Andrei Kirilenko signed for 2 years/20 mi

Speaking of things that need to never happen again:

Ellington in general should just not play. But this is a terrible play by Randolph. If he gives it to Rubio at the 0:10 mark, Wolves have a 4-on-1 fast break and a guaranteed two points.

^Excellent point about Ellington, I mean he doesn't do anything well, he is supposed to be a shooter isn't he? Nope. Athletic sg out of UNC? Nope, I mean give his minutes to Johnson, atleast he can rebound.

Yeah, I was at the game and saw that live 
30t6p3b.gif
Rubio was real pissed off after... several minutes after even. I don't know what Randolph was doing, at all.

Darko Boys will be in attendance tonight
pimp.gif
... Cheeeeeeese any news on that PM I sent you
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

For some reason Randolph is pissing me off.

I like Ellington but they need to stop giving him the ball on fastbreak shooting 3's.

This should be a win tonight. I have Love going with 30/15.

Im tired of Love shooting 3's. He needs to get his *** on the damn block. Plus his defense is just
sick.gif

If they get blown out by Washington then I'll be worry for the rest of the season. But this game was just annoying because 1.) The offense looks the same and slows down a bit when Rubio is in. 2.) They need to give the ball more to Dwill on the low/high block and im a fan of ellington and randolph but if they can find something for them plz do it fast.

Any chance Glen Taylor says no to giving Love the max?

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Im tired of Love shooting 3's. He needs to get his *** on the damn block. Plus his defense is just
sick.gif

If they get blown out by Washington then I'll be worry for the rest of the season. But this game was just annoyinh because 1.) The offense looks the same and slows down a bit when Rubio is in. 2.) They need to give the ball more to Dwill on the low/high block and im a fan of ellington and randolph but if they can find something for them plz do it fast.

Any chance Glen Taylor says no to giving Love the max?

You have it absolutely backwards.
Tonight was 
indifferent.gif

Yeah. Apparently most of the guys said "it felt like last year all over again"
30t6p3b.gif

Oh, it's clear that the ball movement is much better when Beasley isn't on the court. I love what Beasley can do and don't mind him putting up shots every now and then, especially if he's hot, but he needs to stay within the flow of the game.

Last night's fourth quarter was 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Read this article from Canis Hoopus and make your own diagnosis on what needs to happen. It explains A LOT.

IMO the starting lineup tonight should without a doubt be

PG Rubio
SG Barea
SF Williams/Tolliver
PF Love
C Randolph

First off the bench: Ridnour, Darko

As much as I love Darko as a guy and his band of supporters, I can't accept him starting for this team. Same with Wes... what a nice dude, but he's simply hurting the team. See the above link for evidence.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

^Excellent point about Ellington, I mean he doesn't do anything well, he is supposed to be a shooter isn't he? Nope. Athletic sg out of UNC? Nope, I mean give his minutes to Johnson, atleast he can rebound.

Classic case of a "shooter that can't shoot." Same with Wes.

Look at his shooting form:

wellington050609.jpg

His left hand is stopping his right from using its full motion... he is trying to launch with the right but his left is holding the ball back, resulting in inconsistency in power and accuracy. COME ON DUDE

Im getting annoyed with them trying to win the game after a big comeback with threes. They need to pound the ball inside.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD D-WILL NEEDS TO BE MORE AGGRESSIVE
mad.gif

JJ needs to sit until February.

I know Kahn can't trade Darko but man he can't be starting anymore.

Another frustrating game.

I won't give them props for getting back in it, because they dug themselves that hole in the first place. Love had a *@@+*+ game versus Toronto and then he slow-started gain today... but oh well.

Ridnour and Randolph killed it.
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e_r.gif

Darko probably loses his starting spot. Unfortunately.

3-7 is not very fun. We could easily be .500. Gotta pick it up versus New Orleans and Atlanta this weekend.

Yeah he'll be fine
laugh.gif

Man I wish this team was healthy all around. Malcolm, Brad, Martell
frown.gif
hopefully JJ and Beas are okay to play tomorrow.

D-Will is getting way too comfortable out in 3-point land
30t6p3b.gif

Oh my goodness Wes Johnson 
laugh.gif

sick.gif

vs OKC - 25 MIN, 2-4 FG, 1-3 3PT, 0-0 FT
vs MIL - 31 MIN, 3-9 FG, 2-4 3PT, 0-0 FT
vs MIA - 17 MIN, 2-6 FG, 2-6 3PT, 0-0 FT
vs DAL - 13 MIN, 1-7 FG, 0-2 3PT, 0-0 FT
vs SA - 30 MIN, 6-6 FG, 2-2 3PT, 0-0 FT
vs MEM - 16 MIN, 0-5 FG, 0-2 3PT, 0-0 FT
vs CLE - 17 MIN, 1-3 FG, 0-0 3PT, 0-0 FT
vs WAS - 20 MIN, 2-8 FG, 0-4 3PT, 1-2 FT
vs TOR - 19 MIN, 0-5 FG, 0-3 3PT, 0-0 FT
vs CHI - 9 MIN, 3-5 FG, 0-0 3PT, 0-0 FT
vs NO - 34 MIN, 4-13 FG, 1-8 3PT, 0-0 FT
vs ATL - 23 MIN, 2-8 FG, 0-3 3PT, 0-0 FT
vs. SAC - 34 MIN, 3-11 FG, 0-4 3PT. 0-0 FT

TOTALS - 29-90 FG (.322), 8-41 3PT (.195), 1-2 FT (.500)

Those shooting totals
sick.gif

The dude has attempted two free throws in 13 games
laugh.gif
alien.gif

^ shooter that can't shoot 
indifferent.gif

One excellent thing to see during that Hawks game was that the Wolves FINALLY came out hot and built up an early lead. They couldn't hold it, but at least the first quarter was encouraging.

And Darko really needs to stop seeing NBA minutes. He's a nice guy and has been overly criticized over his career, but... come on.

Hit me up if you're at the game tonight.

This game is why I love the fact that Luke is on the team. Carried the team offensively when Love and co. was going through their lull and hit some unseemingly big shots down the stretch to keep the game out of reach.

Wayne Ellington on a good little run and Wes Johnson played pretty well today too.

Back
Top Bottom