Official Minnesota Timberwolves 2012 Off-Season Thread ... Andrei Kirilenko signed for 2 years/20 mi

Tonight was great 
laugh.gif

I went and found JPZ and houser34, aka two Darko Boys. I interviewed them for work, then we had a talk about NT... we covered tap tap pull, Henzo, HT, and some other *#@... basically I'm just amazed at how well my first encounter with an NTer went. I always thought it would be some awkward summit at a mall.

Oh, and we managed to make this happen:

381150_10150469651084261_8373804260_8893278_1681974100_n.jpg

Article coming soon!

Tap Tap Pull!

laugh.gif
at the smoothness of that encounter. I agree with you.. I've always been somewhat timid about meeting other NTers because you only know who they are from their internet persona, could be a totally different character in person. And I feel like Chris Hansen would be disappointed in me.

Glad we could help you with an article, hope you have enough material and all that. If not, just shoot me a PM I'll help you out further.

Meeting Darko was
pimp.gif
.... dude was so excited to see us
laugh.gif
Acted like a little kid and %*!*.

What seems like something on the backburner tonight... WOLVES WON. Great games by Ridnour, Wes, and obviously Love. My man Darko had the highest plus/minus on the team tonight too.
laugh.gif
glasses.gif

I'll be at the game Wednesday, but not with the Darko Boys. However, the crew will possibly be in attendance Friday cheering on the silky smooth Serbian.
pimp.gif

What was amazing to me about that win last night....

We did it with the team from last year!!
laugh.gif

Ridnour, Beasley, Wes, Love, Darko. This was the team that won 17 games last year! They played almost ALL the minutes. D-Will played only 11, Rubio played around 24 (but it's not like he was spectacular last night, good... but not spectacular).

The guys that were on the team last year were the ones that won us the game, which is just jaw-dropping to me.

Another thing, this can't be stressed enough, Timberwolves have to win games they're supposed to win. No point in beating elite teams if they stumble vs lesser teams

Here's another thing fans need to realize: Rubio does not NEED to start, at least not right now. You can clearly see who Adelman wants in the game when things are close, but with Ricky doing well off the bench, why rush things with the starting lineup?

Ridnour is also surprisingly capable; I mean, look at last night. People hate on him just because they are obsessed with Rubio (which is fine) but don't trash Ridnour in the process. Ricky, Luke, and JJ can all play together and do it well. 
smile.gif

pimp.gif

And we got a nice little stretch coming up.......(I hope)

1/4 - Grizzlies
1/6 - Cavaliers
1/8 - @ Wizards
1/9 - @ Raptors

I'll be at the game tomorrow. Section 113. Should be a good one. First one this year.
pimp.gif

Unreal start to the season. They have proved to themselves that they can play with and beat any team in the league.  That is so important going forward and it gives them a chance at making the playoffs this year.

My only gripes are how much Wes Johnson sucks and how terrible Derrick Williams currently is.   Williams I know has a jumper in him somewhere, but he is just totally out of control when he touches the ball on offense. Lets not get into his three point shooting. 

Wes Johnson hopefully gets sent down to the d-league where he can practice air-ball corner 3's and horrific ball handling skills in game situations that dont matter.

^ I agree on those points. DWilliams has been slow out the gate (and we have gone over how it has been written Beasley was beating up on him in training camp). I dunno, to me it seems Williams has gotten bigger and not in a good way. But perhaps I'm just seeing things....

At any rate, Derrick's minutes are slowly dwindling. 21 vs Heat, 16 vs Mavs, 12 vs Spurs. I hope this dude breaks out soon and I have faith he will. It's usually an adjustment to these dudes who are the man almost their whole lives and then suddenly they get in the pros and are the teams 4th or 5th option on offense out of the gate. Some guys don't know what to do with that and I give Adelman credit he isn't giving him a free ride and free shots. Adelman to his credit seems to be playing to win which has been fun to watch for once.

Wes thankfully had a good shooting night last night. Let's build on that.

This team is still a work in progress and I fully expect them to make some more moves this next year, I've said this before i think it's going to be real interesting to see what ends up being the pieces for this team to really move forward. I don't think even Adelman thinks this team can be credible in the long run with some of the current players in their current roles and minutes.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]"Darko Boys" meet their idol[/h1]
January 3, 2012 | From: Alex

Before and after each game, fans line up outside the tunnel with hopes of meeting their favorite player.

You will often see someone clamoring for a Kevin Love autograph or a photo with Ricky Rubio. But after last night's contest against the San Antonio Spurs, a special group of fans were able to finally meet their less-heralded hero.

Derek Sprang, Joe Perevich, Jacob Roth and Nolan Johnson formed the "Darko Boys" after a game last year where Timberwolves center Darko Milicic enjoyed a 22-point outburst.

"We were all very impressed," said Perevich. "Darko just lit up the Spurs."

Roth agreed.

"It's all about that left hook," said Roth. "That left hook is silky smooth every time. He's a lethal lefty."

Now in their second year, the group tries to make every game that they can. One member -- Bryan Sprang, a guard for the UM-Duluth Bulldogs basketball team -- can't always attend, so their group number can fluctuate. Regardless of who is wearing which letter on their t-shirt that night, however, the Boys always jump up and cheer whenever Milicic makes a play.

After the game, the Darko Boys lined up near the locker room. Sure enough, the soft-spoken Serbian came over to his personal fan club, said hello and snapped a photo.

"As long as Darko is on the Timberwolves, we will be at the Target Center as much as possible," said Johnson. "We'll be Wolves fans for life, but we will always love Darko."

pimp.gif
roll.gif

LOL. We're still working on getting the photo up!

... and against journalistic rules, I sort of guessed on who said which quote 
embarassed.gif

Yeah, tonight sucked.

Ugh. I had loge box seats.... something everyone should do once in their lives.

Wes and Beasley sucked.

We win our next three versus Cleveland, Washington and Toronto, were still 5-4 going up against Chicago while I'll take. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom