Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

To the prior responses though. $130 or so for a swingman is reasonable. I could see the average consumer copping that at retail with no complaints.

But $300 for an authentic. I could see those sit and people hold out for sales. Obviously you’ll have people who have the $ and don’t mind dropping retail rather than waiting for sales. But I wouldn’t be surprised if authentics sit for the most part.

Most brick and mortar retail sports apparel stores don’t carry authentic jerseys any more with the exception of maybe the local team in small quantities just for the simple reason that they don’t sell well and swingmans/replicas are their bread and butter in those departments.
Yeah...back from 02-06 I ate on league authentics. It was reasonable to walk into most urban retailers and see authentic NFL jerseys which sold for $300 a pop. As soon as jerseys died in pop culture, stores stopped carrying authentics.

Not I can't find any store thay carries authentics except for one. I think you are right and 250-300 dollar jerseys do not move.

Question on the same note though...aren't league authentics (NBA and NFL) 200 or less now? Wonder how those move.

Heads up, just saw my order from M&N with one of the 40% codes was cancelled. :smh: Everyone check their order status.

And yeah Zyzz, if what they responded in the comments section of the post is to be taken at face value

Question on the same note though...aren't league authentics (NBA and NFL) 200 or less now? Wonder how those move.

NBA Authentics are $200 while NFL ones are $325 nowadays, but Fanatics stay having 20-30% off codes damn near every week.

My jersey collecting peak was 2001 and NBA authentics were $140, while NFL ones were $200(Raiders) to around $250(Eagles) from what I remember paying back in the day. I do remember M&N still being roughly around the same price because I paid $250 for my Blue Nets Petrovic and $300 for my Astros Nolan Ryan at the store in Philly. I think my Nuggets English was also around the $300 mark at the time? I clearly remember those prices were outlandish but it was what it was. I had to keep up with Fab:lol:

NBA Authentics are $200 while NFL ones are $325 nowadays, but Fanatics stay having 20-30% off codes damn near every week.

My jersey collecting peak was 2001 and NBA authentics were $140, while NFL ones were $200(Raiders) to around $250(Eagles) from what I remember paying back in the day. I do remember M&N still being roughly around the same price because I paid $250 for my Blue Nets Petrovic and $300 for my Astros Nolan Ryan at the store in Philly. I think my Nuggets English was also around the $300 mark at the time? I clearly remember those prices were outlandish but it was what it was. I had to keep up with Fab:lol:
I can't remember the prices on the NBA authentics but they were significantly cheaper than NFL joints for sure.

My NFL pricing is mostly Reebok authentics.

^i felt the same way... when i used to cop mad jerseys 01-05 i was copping throwbacks at retail like nothing... but i was bigger on jerseys than sneakers so thats where my money would go... now i never cop jerseys and if i do it has to be on sale... so i could definitely see the average person not knowing any better and copping jerseys today at full retail...

^i felt the same way... when i used to cop mad jerseys 01-05 i was copping throwbacks at retail like nothing... but i was bigger on jerseys than sneakers so thats where my money would go... now i never cop jerseys and if i do it has to be on sale... so i could definitely see the average person not knowing any better and copping jerseys today at full retail...
I never brought many M&N jerseys back then cuz I couldn't get down with the 250-300 price tag and because there were waaaayyy too many fakes. Would only buy in trusted stores like The Lark lol. But they never had sales...short of using your mouth piece to work a deal, I was paying full price.

Sorry if this is a noob question. Does anyone know if they’re going to release some new shorts, or just jerseys?

Back
Top Bottom