Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

"Authentic" is only as good as the collector's knowledge and baseline for comparison. Truth is, "Authentic" has always been a buzzword for marketing, even going back to Sand Knit and Champion.

M&N makes stupid mistakes. But some of their jerseys are way better than the retail Champion/Reebok/Adidas counterparts.

Note: This is not a praise of M&N. They still need to check themselves lol

I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I don’t care...

But I’m picking a M&N authentic over an old Champion/adidas/Nike/etc authentic any day....especially a pro-cut.

Unless you over 6’6”, procuts look silly when worn, and those old champions are dope, but I think M&N kinda made those forgettable in a sense.

In my opinion.

Yeah, those early Champion jerseys were SUPERB. Sad that their authentic line got super cheap towards the end. Thin mesh, thin trimming, poor lettering in-house and by third parties.

the jerseys are poor reproductions, 99% of the jerseys out don't even have the accurate mesh so yea

All that needs to be said about M&N.

You're in the majority.

Most people can't tell the difference between what was actually worn on the field/court/ice and what M&N is selling them.

I'm just a jersey snob and I appreciate accuracy.

I don't mind repros but most of what M&N makes is so inaccurate that it's embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:

But I’m picking a M&N authentic over an old Champion/adidas/Nike/etc authentic any day....especially a pro-cut.

Unless you over 6’6”, procuts look silly when worn, and those old champions are dope, but I think M&N kinda made those forgettable in a sense.

In my opinion.

Sure is nice to be 6'8...

But I got my hands on a Shaq pro cut...thing looks like a dress on me. LOL

En route to Vegas

B4B6BE81-1F2D-45F9-A664-D704B6914B4C.jpeg

All that needs to be said about M&N.

You're in the majority.

Most people can't tell the difference between what was actually worn on the field/court/ice and what M&N is selling them.

I'm just a jersey snob and I appreciate accuracy.

I don't mind repros but most of what M&N makes is so inaccurate that it's embarrassing.
What jerseys out there are that inaccurate?

Yeah, those early Champion jerseys were SUPERB. Sad that their authentic line got super cheap towards the end. Thin mesh, thin trimming, poor lettering in-house and by third parties.

OG Champion (and Sandknit) are the only NBA authentics that matter to be.

That Rockets Jersey is prolly the hardest one. Gah damn.

Prices are a little OD
Gunna go for Laker jacket and that’s it.
Might cash out for the Warrior shorts.

I already have the authentic Laker yellow throwbacks shorts so I feel like I’d be wasting money copping the bape laker shorts.

Was really hoping for a Bulls jacket and shorts. Ah well...money saved.

Then again, those laker shorts sure look good.

In my opinion.

I get that but I have no shame, next Knicks game I go to this is being worn (+ 6 inches length), I'm 5 foot 10 lol. Skinnier dudes could probably fit size 42 or 44 gamers that have maybe 2 or 3 inches extra length, doesn't look too bad usually. My issue with current M&N is the bad mesh, the graphics for the most part look on point.

NewYork1.jpeg

I'm starting to wonder if their new jock tag has to do with them rebranding and getting away from doing regular sports jerseys. They'll partner with anyone now.

There's not a small difference, it's a HUGE difference in quality and materials
We dont really think Bape would have accepted lesser quality materials though, right?

I mean I guess it is possible since they do have a designation that 2 are authentic and the rest are swingman.

I don't know M&N's swingman situation. I assumed the only difference was in the letters/numbers and that the mesh of the jersey was the same from swingman to authentics (strictly talking bball jersey tops). If that's the case it's the team name and the ape that took the downgrade for the swingman's? It jist wouldnt make sense to me to do that.

We dont really think Bape would have accepted lesser quality materials though, right?

I mean I guess it is possible since they do have a designation that 2 are authentic and the rest are swingman.

I don't know M&N's swingman situation. I assumed the only difference was in the letters/numbers and that the mesh of the jersey was the same from swingman to authentics (strictly talking bball jersey tops). If that's the case it's the team name and the ape that took the downgrade for the swingman's? It jist wouldnt make sense to me to do that.
There's more differences than that too like having screen printed logos instead of embroidered ones

There's more differences than that too like having screen printed logos instead of embroidered ones
Right. Would that actually come into play with these Bape jerseys? I don't think any of the joints releasing have screen printed logos to worry about on the jersey tops. I could be wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom