Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Got my Final Score order on the Red All Star Magic Authentic they ran a sale on for $115 ...

Dudes sent me a pair of shorts lol ... hopefully the exchange is smooth.

Just picked up the white one. I can’t do the wide shoulders.

CB896560-DB33-47CD-B744-B2F24D3491BE.jpeg
ABBC1AA0-C0EC-4D5F-8E3E-7F8E253B02CA.jpeg
2684F203-5006-4A88-8791-C04085326884.jpeg
E320AC24-0234-47BA-9379-992B82A77449.jpeg
1EFF5C46-1A27-41B7-8069-E9B0E39DE26B.jpeg

It's a cool coincidence you posted photos of late '90s 76ers Iverson jerseys because I acquired the white one on Friday by getting rid of an unwanted and oversized MLB jersey to get that. I got the black one a year ago. I also got the alternate blue 1999-00 jersey a year ago, yeah it has wide shoulders but it didn't bother me because I got rid of an undesirable item to get it and it's Iverson.

I prefer the mesh material 76ers jerseys from the late '90s to 2000 over the shiny dazzle material from 2001 until they changed their uniform style late last decade honestly.

It's a cool coincidence you posted photos of late '90s 76ers Iverson jerseys because I acquired the white one on Friday by getting rid of an unwanted and oversized MLB jersey to get that. I got the black one a year ago. I also got the alternate blue 1999-00 jersey a year ago, yeah it has wide shoulders but it didn't bother me because I got rid of an undesirable item to get it and it's Iverson.

I prefer the mesh material 76ers jerseys from the late '90s to 2000 over the shiny dazzle material from 2001 until they changed their uniform style late last decade honestly.
I wish the blue AI wasn’t wide shoulder. Beautiful jersey and the wide shoulder ruined it for me

So here is the crappy part. I graduated high school at 6'2. Played some ball but got in trouble and joined the navy. Grew 6 inches in two years after joining the navy.

Wasn't happy...but played all navy ball a few years and just got selected to be a warrant officer so it's all good.

u could play overseas for some chicken.

I agree it was a dope era. I just wish I had better discretion with my sizing. I regret getting some cool stuff way too oversized.

It was a bad thing when I moved out in December 2007 to my current residency because my parents had to transport an abundance of worthless jerseys here. I couldn't get rid of them on time since there were a lot and they were worthless due to them being too oversized and unpopular styles.

I liked the jersey era although it caused manufacturers to become complacent with quality because I've always been a sports fan and my clothing style has always been predicated on sports themes and styles. I actually wore authentic jerseys before they became popular early last decade. Authentic jerseys basically had a cult status among sports fans because not too many people wore them before the 2000s.

i taliored all my jersey era sized stuff, fits great... basketball only.

That's basically what collecting is lol. Don't buy hoping to turn a profit later on. Not a lot of items appreciate over time. I have a personal rule, buy what I like and buy with the intention to keep. I can't speak for others' methods, but this stops me from buying bs. Same rule applies for shoes, funko pops, hats, whatever etc. It stopped me from buying a lot of stuff that I would hate to look at later on.

I forgot to mention about my collecting approach with this post earlier.

I'd like to add I never collected jerseys with the hopes they would appreciate, I got them because I'm a sports fan and I always liked to predicate my clothing style based on sports apparel.

I just got ignorant throughout 2004 by gorging on them through eBay because I thought I was getting a bargain for $100 or less for each jersey. I liked the colors and jersey styles but lacked restraint to realize I never needed them. And they were the wrong sizes for me too.

The only reason I mentioned reselling them was for liquidating unwanted crap reasons. I only expressed my disappointment and frustration with not being able to sell them due to ignorant choices I made getting them and my lack of discretion. My disappointment and frustration was never rooted in profit reasons, it was about not being able to even get half of what I paid for them but only a fraction of the prices I paid due to them being too oversized and irrelevant to most people.

If I got the jerseys I truly liked and in my proper size, I definitely wouldn't have ever even contemplated reselling them, I would have been stocked with jerseys I liked instead of trying to dump them years later.

I wish the blue AI wasn’t wide shoulder. Beautiful jersey and the wide shoulder ruined it for me

I honestly wish the alternate blue 76ers Iverson jersey was the somewhat traditional tank top-style like the white and black ones as well but it's OK with me. I noticed all 3 76ers jerseys were all wide shouldered by 2001 when they converted to that crappy shiny dazzle material unfortunately.

But I like the alternate blue one that is out because it has a black strip on it to mourn Wilt Chamberlain who passed away in 1999. And I honestly had to research online about who 76ers were mourning in order to know when I saw that jersey was out.

U not the only one

They don’t have the jersey so idk what you’re gonna exchange it for lol

So yeah, they said they didnt have the jersey in stock, so they offered me a refund, which I said no to. They said they were going to have a store ship to me instead of a warehouse ... seemed like they told me that to get me off the phone... we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom