Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

The annoying thing about Majestic is that the length is cut to tuck in. They fit like dresses.

I have a closet still full of oversized jerseys in my parents crib that I spent thousands on that aren't worth **** now, but I wouldn't trade that era for anything.

I agree it was a dope era. I just wish I had better discretion with my sizing. I regret getting some cool stuff way too oversized.

It was a bad thing when I moved out in December 2007 to my current residency because my parents had to transport an abundance of worthless jerseys here. I couldn't get rid of them on time since there were a lot and they were worthless due to them being too oversized and unpopular styles.

I liked the jersey era although it caused manufacturers to become complacent with quality because I've always been a sports fan and my clothing style has always been predicated on sports themes and styles. I actually wore authentic jerseys before they became popular early last decade. Authentic jerseys basically had a cult status among sports fans because not too many people wore them before the 2000s.

That's basically what collecting is lol. Don't buy hoping to turn a profit later on. Not a lot of items appreciate over time. I have a personal rule, buy what I like and buy with the intention to keep. I can't speak for others' methods, but this stops me from buying bs. Same rule applies for shoes, funko pops, hats, whatever etc. It stopped me from buying a lot of stuff that I would hate to look at later on.

I agree with you on all fronts and you are right as well.

Please don't remind me of my ignorance during the '90s when I collected comic books and sports cards hoping to turn a profit because I along with many were brainwashed by crooked *** losers that they would appreciate. I still have that crap! Perhaps I should discard them in the recycling bin eventually.

I definitely acquire what I like and intend to keep nowadays since I'm older. Like I get specific retro Jordans not even contemplating to turn a profit, but to wear because I liked them when they were relevant during his prime years and their styles still endure in the current era.

You ain't lying about looking at stuff later on! Don't forget you get stuck with it too and they're rendered worthless by default just sitting there, eating up space.

New pickup: 1966-67 Rick Barry Golden State Warriors Mitchell & Ness, size xl. This version is the less common screen printed version (the Warriors wore both screen printed and chain stitched jerseys that year, apparently the chain stitched ones were a bit heavy). It's taken me over 7 years to get this jersey in an xl! In 2011 or 2012, I made a legit check post on one of the old jersey boards, and by the time I got a response, the jersey was gone. Haven't seen it in this size until now, so it's been a long time coming.

GoldenStateWarriorsMN7.jpeg
GoldenStateWarriorsMN8.jpeg

New pickup: 1966-67 Rick Barry Golden State Warriors Mitchell & Ness, size xl. This version is the less common screen printed version (the Warriors wore both screen printed and chain stitched jerseys that year, apparently the chain stitched ones were a bit heavy). It's taken me over 7 years to get this jersey in an xl! In 2011 or 2012, I made a legit check post on one of the old jersey boards, and by the time I got a response, the jersey was gone. Haven't seen it in this size until now, so it's been a long time coming.

GoldenStateWarriorsMN7.jpeg
GoldenStateWarriorsMN8.jpeg
I’ve never seen this one. But yes the chained ones are very heavy and run a size large.

Oh damn I shipped my magic Johnson "jersey" to someone in the US, gonna ask him what was delivered today
I hope u actually get the jersey. I just talked to them and she said she put a refund in. And I’ll need to return the shorts. I’ll wait until the refund posts and then see how much they charge if I just keep the shorts.

Back
Top Bottom