Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Does it bother anyone that the authentic NFL jerseys are inaccurate with the sleeves? Like the jerseys of position players who aren't quarterbacks have the loose sleeves without the cuffed sleeves. Like the 1995 retro Cowboys Emmitt Smith jersey has loose sleeves instead of them being cuffed like how he wore them. Or how the 2001 Bears Brian Urlacher is the same regarding the sleeves when we know he wore his sleeves cuffed tightly around his arms.

Those discrepancies are annoying to me. I mean Mitchell & Ness is a company that prides itself in replicating all details so they should abide by it thoroughly.

I guess I'll only stick to quarterback jerseys since they make all their NFL jerseys with the loose sleeves regardless of the player. At least loose sleeves are accurate with quarterback jerseys since most of them wear them that way.

Does it bother anyone that the authentic NFL jerseys are inaccurate with the sleeves? Like the jerseys of position players who aren't quarterbacks have the loose sleeves without the cuffed sleeves. Like the 1995 retro Cowboys Emmitt Smith jersey has loose sleeves instead of them being cuffed like how he wore them. Or how the 2001 Bears Brian Urlacher is the same regarding the sleeves when we know he wore his sleeves cuffed tightly around his arms.

Those discrepancies are annoying to me. I mean Mitchell & Ness is a company that prides itself in replicating all details so they should abide by it thoroughly.

I guess I'll only stick to quarterback jerseys since they make all their NFL jerseys with the loose sleeves regardless of the player. At least loose sleeves are accurate with quarterback jerseys since most of them wear them that way.
Nah...those are more so player custom editions IMO. I purchased 2 authentic Urlacher jerseys...one home, one away. 2 different years as my away jersey had the shiney material for the shoulder area where as the home jersey had the mesh all throughout.

That away jersey had the cuffs. Home did not.

My authentic away Vick had cuffed sleeves. As did my authentic away Farve who i know for sure he wore the loose sleeves.

Think my buffalo home Bledsoe also had the cuffs.

Cuffs on the sleeve is in the same ballpark as length of jersey. It's a player option thing and not something that gets filtered down to retail authentics.

Most retail jerseys don’t have cuffs besides the newer Nike stuff.

Cokeboy

IMG_20190608_170852.jpg

The cuffs are the least of my worries. I’m more concerned about number and name fonts.

The original cowboys jerseys from Russell athletic and apex in the 90s were uncuffed anyways, so stuff like that doesn’t bother. On the other hand the 1998 Manning has the wrong name font and the Super Bowl Manning has the wrong kind of mesh. Both of those jerseys I can’t bring myself to purchase. That’s just my personal preferences though.

Jefferson’s 30% off with code “DAD”

Came to post this...

same as M&N but they have a few pieces already on sale that come out to a nice steal after the code.

I just copped the 91 Ewing All-Star, which retail is $300, they have it listed at 225. So it came out to 157.

Also the 03-04 Cavs Wine shorts are 125 retail, they have them listed at 100. Come out to 70.

:pimp:

The cuffs are the least of my worries. I’m more concerned about number and name fonts.

The original cowboys jerseys from Russell athletic and apex in the 90s were uncuffed anyways, so stuff like that doesn’t bother. On the other hand the 1998 Manning has the wrong name font and the Super Bowl Manning has the wrong kind of mesh. Both of those jerseys I can’t bring myself to purchase. That’s just my personal preferences though.

Thanks for clarifying the Colts Manning jerseys with their discrepancies. Now I know to to get them until they rectify them.

I agree that the number and name fonts must bee accurate. But I still prefer the sleeves on the retail jerseys to correlate with how the player worn them. Yes I'm a detail Nazi like that.

Ended up copping another pair of shorts off eBay for less than I would’ve spent on either Mitchell and ness sale, website or flagship store.

Unless it’s a sale that’s worthwhile, I’m content just finding steals on eBay over dealing with 30% off sales and exclusion lists.

Yup. Example #27538 of someone getting stuff off ebay cheaper than an m&n sale.

Back
Top Bottom