Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Any team store website which ends up being taken over by fanatics, the brick and mortar store for that respective team needs to allow phone orders in some capacity.

Limit it to one per purchase for all l care to deter resellers. Hell give in store purchases priority as well.

But if the website is going to be taken over by fanatics and have their watered down inventory, at least give out of state customers a chance to order stuff from the actual store which doesn’t make its way to the website.

Just too break up this page of text……

Recent pickups; M&N 30% and xhibition $28
0DC202A0-9A2C-4037-9B72-781A437DE28E.jpeg
Repost from 2 weeks ago
03F6ED0A-5493-4A9F-943B-5D67FC2C9654.jpeg

g-time g-time May I please ask you for verification about a couple of jerseys I was looking into since you have them? I would appreciate getting clarity from you about them.

I recall you acknowledged you have the Heat alternate red Dwyane Wade jersey. Can you verify if the stitching of the letters and number are layered? It looks like they are based on stock photos, and that would be unfortunate because it's supposed to be kiss-cut.

Since you posted pictures of the 1997 Mariners Ken Griffey Jr. gray jersey recently, are the numbers small on yours? That seems to be a discrepancy with them being too small. Someone else pointed out that the 20th anniversary patch on it is too small too.

g-time g-time May I please ask you for verification about a couple of jerseys I was looking into since you have them? I would appreciate getting clarity from you about them.

I recall you acknowledged you have the Heat alternate red Dwyane Wade jersey. Can you verify if the stitching of the letters and number are layered? It looks like they are based on stock photos, and that would be unfortunate because it's supposed to be kiss-cut.

Since you posted pictures of the 1997 Mariners Ken Griffey Jr. gray jersey recently, are the numbers small on yours? That seems to be a discrepancy with them being too small. Someone else pointed out that the 20th anniversary patch on it is too small too.

I couldn’t tell you on that Wade jersey, I sold it months ago because it fit smaller than I liked and didn’t want to mess with M&N returns/exchanges. Will probably pick it up again somewhere down the line.

As for the Griffey…..
CDF04477-926A-44E9-8E7B-03A5CB5F25EE.jpeg

The numbers are small compared to my other Griffey. The numbers on the grey are exactly 7 inches and the numbers on the alternate are 8 inches. I would of liked it if they were bigger, but this has been a jersey I’ve wanted for a while. The anniversary patch on the sleeve seems about right size to me.

I couldn’t tell you on that Wade jersey, I sold it months ago because it fit smaller than I liked and didn’t want to mess with M&N returns/exchanges. Will probably pick it up again somewhere down the line.

As for the Griffey…..
CDF04477-926A-44E9-8E7B-03A5CB5F25EE.jpeg

The numbers are small compared to my other Griffey. The numbers on the grey are exactly 7 inches and the numbers on the alternate are 8 inches. I would of liked it if they were bigger, but this has been a jersey I’ve wanted for a while. The anniversary patch on the sleeve seems about right size to me.

I hate to say this to you, but damn grammatical issue again because it's "would have".

Thanks so much for the clarifications.

If the letters and numbers on Heat jersey were layered, then that would have been a deal breaker because they were kiss-cut on the game worn jerseys.

I appreciate you taking time to take a picture showing the difference in the height of the numbers.

Too bad they did botch the numbers on gray jersey. But as long you're content with it since you wanted that particular jersey, then that's all that matters.

I'm feeling dumb for not getting that emerald Mariners jersey, especially since I got the Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Aquamarine recently. Hopefully, they'll manufacture it again. I like how that one had the patch commemorating the Negro Leagues.

I hope I can eventually get the 1995 white and emerald Mariners jerseys. I'm starting to feel my jersey collection is incomplete without Ken Griffey Jr. jerseys.

I always find swingman versions of jerseys from eras that pre date mesh material is disrespectful. I get the tiered price reasoning, but c'mon man.

I also went to swap out my summer shorts from storage....and yeah, it's time to stop lol. It's ridiculous, and I have one pair otw still....smh

I always find swingman versions of jerseys from eras that pre date mesh material is disrespectful. I get the tiered price reasoning, but c'mon man.

I also went to swap out my summer shorts from storage....and yeah, it's time to stop lol. It's ridiculous, and I have one pair otw still....smh
I've always wondered the longivity/ durability of the swingmans after a few washes. The only one i own was a magic lakers home that i copped for like 40$. Obviously they are not built like authentics but i am super curious if people actually experienced the heat-pressing peeling. Mine went through 2 washes so far and they are fine. Mind you I wash it in a garment bag, cold water, and hang dry just like I would with authentics.

Nike's first wave of heat-pressed swingmans were atrocious but then complaints kind of dwindled after a bit. I cant imagine M&N continue to spit out swingmans, wave after wave, if they were coming apart shortly after wear, especially at the retail price point of 130$ (now 135$ smh).

I believe most peeps are aware that Champs is pretty much the only company under the Foot Locker umbrella that sells Mitchell & Ness authentic jerseys online nowadays. There are also a very few store locations that carry them.

Eastbay also has some occasionally on their website.

But I wonder if anyone can remember far back to 2002 when Champs was the only company under that umbrella that sold them strictly in the catalog. Remember when ordering was done through catalogs where you had to call in and provide the product number of what you wanted to order? And products were only shipped from a warehouse.

I remember Champs had some in the catalog in either late summer or early fall 2002 because I ordered the jerseys of Magic Johnson, Julius Erving, Larry Bird and Allen Iverson around that period. A few of the long sleeve NFL jerseys were in the catalog too. Then they didn't carry any authentic jerseys after 2003.

They made a resurgence with the Foot Locker umbrella around the middle of the last decade when things already transitioned to e-commerce because Champs, Foot Locker and Footaction all had authentic jerseys online and in some store locations.

I remember seeing Fox Hills Mall Footaction have a few authentic jerseys in 2016. I also saw some in Santa Monica Footaction in 2018.

Foot Locker stopped selling them online in 2018. Footaction stopped selling them online in 2020.

The bad part with the Champs website is that they have a limited selection. The good part is that discounts are valid on authentic jerseys on the website.

I’ll attempt to break up some text too. New swingman drop. Swingman releases can sometimes be indicative of authentics that are down the pipeline.
D61A24C5-3C76-46CC-95F9-562316B5D86C.jpeg

8D2FACFE-FDAB-4204-BBB8-B123DCFCD91B.png
1A90A36E-F85B-484C-9E6B-628E5E3CE611.png
4A4CE4A5-1762-470F-81A4-1E86EAFDE8D4.png
3D1B49FC-CD12-4814-ACEA-0435E4FF22CA.png
287377CC-7438-4BAD-84DF-E6289ECEBAB8.jpeg

E690209E-6321-495A-81D0-1EBA4F2B2267.jpeg

CBBB7639-C746-4756-85AE-649AD1B649BA.jpeg
Correct me if I am wrong - but not sure if M&N website will ever get these, did a check and turns out it listed on an Australian vendor. Anyone have a link to a retailer within the US that gets new drops for authentics (or in this case - swingmans)?

US drops/retailer pricing are inconsistent AF. Example being the 96 heat authentic for Tim Hardaway. M&N site has it for 250$ (im assuming the correct retail) while the Miami Heat store had it available a lot earlier and for 300$ instead (still listed as 300 too).

But what I dont get is Alonzo's authentic is 300$ retail, what justified that 50$ difference going to Tim's?

Any insights? Much appreciated

It’s m&n, they lack any common sense so we’ll never know how they come up with any of their crap
That sounds terrible though, and we continuously buy into this pricing model... or rather, price hike model.

250$ to 260$ to 300$ retail and they actually pushed for 325$ retails and some even 350$ retail (john wall wizard authentic) before now they shifted back to the 300$ baseline and some falling down to 250$ like the Tim Hardaway 96'heat example noted (Bill Russel authentic fits this retail price too)

Home UNLV LJ is now live 🔥

i will still say the gold color is off on this A' s jersey, it's too bright yellow.......... ala Lakers Nike takeover.

if if they can mess up the numbers on that Ken Griffey jersey, they can also screw up a color.

https://www.mitchellandness.com/aut...page-product1&pixlee_album_photo_id=597398554

once again a ****ty photo M and M chose to go with here

06e68ac7863058c2406b.jpg

looks like this guy is as big a fan of steroids like Mark was!

Last edited:
A lot of that with that jersey is lighting. It’s actually close to what they worn and I posted the pics of Canseco and McGwire wearing them.

Back
Top Bottom