Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Can I get some help here?

it’s somewhat lighter. Mesh is the same, the main weight difference is the authentics have a heavyweight waistband and the trimming is heavier weight. Also everything is fully stitched as opposed to a sewn on appliqué logos.

Swingmans have no separate waistband trimming and the trimming on the leg of the shorts are thin lower quality. Less weight for sure but you do gain some weight with pockets if you’re looking for a strictly weight answer.

it’s somewhat lighter. Mesh is the same, the main weight difference is the authentics have a heavyweight waistband and the trimming is heavier weight. Also everything is fully stitched as opposed to a sewn on appliqué logos.

Swingmans have no separate waistband trimming and the trimming on the leg of the shorts are thin lower quality. Less weight for sure but you do gain some weight with pockets if you’re looking for a strictly weight answer.

Nah you gave me the answers. Saw some Laker shorts that are swingmans and they don't have the authentics anymore.

Nah you gave me the answers. Saw some Laker shorts that are swingmans and they don't have the authentics anymore.

Wait it out and get the authentics.

There are no logos for the Lakers shorts so essentially it’ll be almost the same since there is no stitched logos as opposed to screen printed appliqué sewn on logos, BUT trust me when I say the trimming is cheap.

No waistband is whatever since your top will be covering it anyway, but the trimming on the bottom of the leg is like a lace ribbon thin cheap feeling material than the authentic counterpart. Also the authentics have the cut “V” split on the sides of the shorts as well. That cut “V” are separate and joined via stitching of separate high quality trim material. The swingmans are cheap looking and just overlaps.

Stopped by North Bend Outlets on the way home to Seattle from Leavenworth earlier today... Originally just planned on hitting the Nike Factory Store, but a little shop called Pro Image Sports caught my eye.

Anyways...

IMG_20191202_014610.jpg

IMG_20191202_014645.jpg

IMG_20191202_014711.jpg

IMG_20191202_014809.jpg

IMG_20191202_014938.jpg

IMG_20191202_015024.jpg

IMG_20191202_015129.jpg

Isn’t that basically their wholesale price? Doubt they would take a loss

meaning M&N could easily do a sale easily

nobody selling authentic 96/97 ny knicks shorts?? I see at one time jj had them for like 40 smhhh.

are you supposed to dry clean a jersey or no? i wore my starks jersey to the knicks game and spilled popcorn with butter on it... of course it left some grease stains on the front of the jersey including the number... the dry cleaner got the stains off but the numbers in the back and front got slightly wrinkled... its barely noticeable unless you look closely at it but i see it so it bothers me lol... is there a way to flatten out the numbers? should i iron it?

are you supposed to dry clean a jersey or no? i wore my starks jersey to the knicks game and spilled popcorn with butter on it... of course it left some grease stains on the front of the jersey including the number... the dry cleaner got the stains off but the numbers in the back and front got slightly wrinkled... its barely noticeable unless you look closely at it but i see it so it bothers me lol... is there a way to flatten out the numbers? should i iron it?

1) Avoid dry cleaning in general, unless flannel. In this case, the cleaners was probably the best option, given the butter stain.

2) The numbers bubble because M&N doesn't use twill with adhesive. Rough washing will separate the numbers quickly, resulting in the bubbling.

3) You can try ironing it. Use a medium setting, and put a cloth, like a clean t-shirt, between the iron and tackle twill. Press and move evenly across the lettering. Check every 5-6 seconds to see if there is progress. If none, I would stop.

As usual, alot of stuff is taken down or hasn't restocked in good sizes. :smh:
I was able to finally get my USA's though. Glad i waited.

PO

Back
Top Bottom