Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

So the blue 96-97 throwback style with 2 color trim that Fab wore was wrong?

I would say that Kobe jersey from his rookie year was right. The only thing Fabolous did wrong and stupid as F was having a do-rag covering his hat. It made him look like he flunked out of special education classes.

I had that jersey myself but had to purge it the last couple of months because it was stupidly cut too damn big despite it being a size 52.

They need do to the Dri-fit 2003 version of that Blue Kobe. I refuse to get that 96-97 one lol.

Interesting preference. May I ask why you prefer that version? It seems like more than 50% of fans would prefer the 1996-97 version.

I prefer that archaic mesh material because of durability and thickness. Its got that sturdy look. For some reason I identify with it better because they were wearing that material on court during the era I began watching NBA.

Oh :emoji_poop:! Why the F is there a bootleg jersey hanging among what I assume are game-worn jerseys? That royal #8 jersey is a fake piece of :emoji_poop:! 😲🤯:emoji_rolling_eyes:🤦‍♂️👎
Don’t think it’s fake his collection is very known, a lot of his pieces direct from lakers and ir players

it seems like the fab version of the blue kobe is different then the one produced today... i dont think it was fake cuz i have the same one as fab and got it from distant replays early 2000's... dont wear it cuz its OD big and cant get it altered cuz the font is too low

If that blue Kobe is signed(certified) it can be legit in that aspect. I’ve gone to memorabilia shops in Las Vegas and many of their jerseys aren’t “authentic” but the signatures come with certification by the player it’s from. I don’t think their priority is the authenticity of the actual jersey.

it seems like the fab version of the blue kobe is different then the one produced today... i dont think it was fake cuz i have the same one as fab and got it from distant replays early 2000's... dont wear it cuz its OD big and cant get it altered cuz the font is too low

I've said a few times in this thread that I felt the Fab Kobe was different vs. the current one. I felt the shade of blue on the Fab version was a bit of a deeper blue that sometimes gives the illusion there's some purple in it. IMO the Fab version > the current one.

Fab version definitely wasn't a fake. That was definitely from M&N and the timing was perfect because shortly after the "Trade It All" video dropped M&N dropped the jersey. Probably was the most in-demand M&N jersey at the time. I'd say that and rainbow Nuggets. Restocks didn't happen as much then like it regularly happens now. So it was a hard jersey to get. Now that I think about it I don't think they "mass" produced them compared to other jerseys. Only a few retailers had them.

Last edited:
B6C8E9AB-2017-4750-A4E5-E5771CC265BA.jpeg

today...

I've said a few times in this thread that I felt the Fab Kobe was different vs. the current one. I felt the shade of blue on the Fab version was a bit of a deeper blue that sometimes gives the illusion there's some purple in it. IMO the Fab version > the current one.

Fab version definitely wasn't a fake. That was definitely from M&N and the timing was perfect because shortly after the "Trade It All" video dropped M&N dropped the jersey. Probably was the most in-demand M&N jersey at the time. I'd say that and rainbow Nuggets. Restocks didn't happen as much then like it regularly happens now. So it was a hard jersey to get. Now that I think about it I don't think they "mass" produced them compared to other jerseys. Only a few retailers had them.

i was lucky to get both the nuggets and kobe since they dont make either anymore... the nuggets might be the favorite in my collection... got it altered... it was not the best job cuz the stripes in the front and back dont match but its barely noticeable... still glad i can wear it today though...

Don’t think it’s fake his collection is very known, a lot of his pieces direct from lakers and ir players

Most will logically view it as fake based on visual experience. There are variables I don't want to get into, but he probably had the need to include it to complete his display collection. I think I know about the guy you're referring to. Yes I'm aware he gets legitimate game pieces. But it's still terribly contradictory to have that in there with actual game pieces.

If that blue Kobe is signed(certified) it can be legit in that aspect. I’ve gone to memorabilia shops in Las Vegas and many of their jerseys aren’t “authentic” but the signatures come with certification by the player it’s from. I don’t think their priority is the authenticity of the actual jersey.

Thanks for elaborating all that although I never expected it would come down to that. I was always aware of the business of autographs coming with a certificate of authenticity. But I honestly assumed they would never put a legitimate signature on a bootleg or poor imitation item to maintain integrity or legitimacy.

Most will logically view it as fake based on visual experience. There are variables I don't want to get into, but he probably had the need to include it to complete his display collection. I think I know about the guy you're referring to. Yes I'm aware he gets legitimate game pieces. But it's still terribly contradictory to have that in there with actual game pieces.

Thanks for elaborating all that although I never expected it would come down to that. I was always aware of the business of autographs coming with a certificate of authenticity. But I honestly assumed they would never put a legitimate signature on a bootleg or poor imitation item to maintain integrity or legitimacy.
Yeah, when I spoke to someone at one of the shops he pretty much said it without saying it lol. People take anything/jersey to get signed when there are signing events. They don’t necessarily do a “get your jersey signed with a purchase” ordeal. It’s literally take what you have and you get it signed by whoever it may be.

Yeah, when I spoke to someone at one of the shops he pretty much said it without saying it lol. People take anything/jersey to get signed when there are signing events. They don’t necessarily do a “get your jersey signed with a purchase” ordeal. It’s literally take what you have and you get it signed by whoever it may be.

That all makes sense. The funny thing is I was thinking it's a possibility that people would actually bring fake crap for an individual to autograph.

I actually had an experience with that during 2004 NBA All-Star Weekend because Dominique Wilkins did a signing event in Champs at Fox Hills Mall. People could present anything for him to sign. But I had a legitimate Mitchell & Ness white Hawks jersey for him to sign thankfully.

Damn, I slept in later than usual too. Been lurking in this thread looking out for restocks too. Needed a pair of the Bulls away shorts. :smh:

New pickups:

1948 Joe DiMaggio New York Yankees home Mitchell & Ness flannel, size 48 (XL). It has the humungous Babe Ruth memorial patch.

NYYankeesMN3.jpeg
NYYankeesMN4.jpeg

I also picked up these Grizzlies swingman shorts. Love em, no hate on the swingmans here, no need for fanny pack/second pair of shorts underneath/bookbag/holding stuff in my hand.

IMG_3942.jpeg

Actually those Grizz aren’t too bad. It’s when there’s a big ole logo that’s screen print that sometimes makes swingman shorts look so inferior to the stitched logo Authentics. I don’t mind how that grizzly is just a part of the mesh..

New pickups:

1948 Joe DiMaggio New York Yankees home Mitchell & Ness flannel, size 48 (XL). It has the humungous Babe Ruth memorial patch.

NYYankeesMN3.jpeg

That Dimaggio is unreal. I have been searching Dimaggio jerseys every single day of my life for months and have found nothing in size Large, and I've never even seen this jersey before. Crucial pick up.

Actually those Grizz aren’t too bad. It’s when there’s a big ole logo that’s screen print that sometimes makes swingman shorts look so inferior to the stitched logo Authentics. I don’t mind how that grizzly is just a part of the mesh..

Yeah that was a nice surprise, I thought it would be screened on. I'm more concerned about a couple of swingmans that have sewn logos and them fading, but the hate on the swingman shorts is overblown IMO, especially when people are paying more money for authentics just to inconvenience themselves to wear them.

I'll never acknowledge that royal Kobe jersey from his rookie year as something belonging to Fabolous especially since he chose to look like a low IQ dope wearing a do-rag over his hat with that jersey. I recall lots of peeps rightfully gave Fab flak about his idiotic head-wear choice.

But thanks for all your observations about that jersey.

I actually got that version in January 2003. And I just realized it was too damn big a few months ago. It literally took me 17 years to notice! I got it in size 52 but they stupidly cut it like a size 56 which was a common issue plaguing NBA jerseys from the 2000s. But I purged it in June for a piece I intend to move later for something desirable. I didn't take pictures of it before I offed it so I won't be able to share photos unfortunately.

Beware of NBA jerseys produced in the 2000s because they commonly had discrepancies with font sizes and details along with placements of letters and numbers, colorization on the letters, numbers, and jersey material all being off.

I think you're right about them being limited in availability because I only saw it at the spot I acquired it from via exchange.

Back
Top Bottom