Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I ended up getting the Bulls home white Michael Jordan rookie year jersey during the summer as well in addition to the red one. Now I have both versions when I assumed I would never get either one several years ago if Mitchell & Ness were to make them.
IMG_4568.JPG
IMG_4569.JPG

^^^I remember having the MJ Wizards swingman when I was a little kid.. might have to buy the authentic if M&N ever brings it back

They made 1980s Expos Gary Carter button-up jerseys during the 2000s. I stupidly got the home white and road sky blue in size 60 off eBay during that decade and finally purged both last year.

Perhaps they made other players from the '80s. I'm not sure but anyone should feel free to verify if they did. For some reason I think they made Andre Dawson before.

I don't think they made '90s game jerseys yet. The Vladimir Guerrero BP jersey doesn't count for me.

I have the jersey and it’s nice, but the name and numbers on the front of the jersey seem to be smaller then what they actually wore.

big dav 17 big dav 17
Thanks for sharing. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you got got with a fake unfortunately. I'm not sure if they made authentic Expos Guerrero jerseys yet besides the BP jersey. The smaller letters and numbers on the front along with the stitching are red flags. And the front bottom left tag has signs of a fake because the lower rectangular part of the label was cut irregularly, not in a precise rectangle.

Expos Vlad is legit. They made that one like 12-15 years ago.

Thanks for verifying an Expos Guerrero was made several years ago.

That's good to know big dav 17 big dav 17 has a legitimate item after all. It's just too bad they were terribly inaccurate with the letters and numbers on the front which made it look fake unfortunately.

From grailed
ECA41391-CC37-4123-8614-3EFE632038A7.png
D032DB75-59CB-42C4-9958-9A69BE9B15A3.png
A065E1D8-1CBF-4454-83F0-DD7FAB8AAD34.png
1F851989-3F0E-4F79-860A-16D6D9990CC5.png
BE16B9B0-6545-4264-A130-8330C01E3F0D.png
DD8A589D-4CCB-4382-8A58-666A5ACCA53B.png
B20020F0-944F-4F5B-A99F-A51D09824240.png
DCE98BFC-6702-4C38-BAB8-26E4378C91EF.png
For those wondering - the zig-zag pattern on the name and numbers is a raised print. Also if anyones interested - the sizing seems to be slim. I'm going to size up. This will be my first fashion jersey - I'm partial to metallic gold, and the regular gold doesn't suit me.

Has anyone noticed that some Authentics from the 2000 era have been using a different twill? My Curry Rookie Authentic has plastic-like numbers - the embroidered outline hides the fact that the quality has dipped.

Last edited:
For those wondering - the zig-zag pattern on the name and numbers is a raised print. Also if anyones interested - the sizing seems to be slim. I'm going to size up. This will be my first fashion jersey - I'm partial to metallic gold, and the regular gold doesn't look suit me.

Has anyone noticed that some Authentics from the 2000 era have been using a different twill? My Curry Rookie Authentic has plastic-like numbers - the embroidered outline hides the fact that the quality has dipped.

Yeah, I noticed that too. They've been using that for 3-4 years now, especially on the China stuff. It's basically the twill used on old Reebok NFL Replithentic jerseys. smh

Yeah, I noticed that too. They've been using that for 3-4 years now, especially on the China stuff. It's basically the twill used on old Reebok NFL Replithentic jerseys. smh
Is that only for jerseys from the 2000 era? Or are the new Kobe jerseys (not the HOF one I quoted) and other 90's joints plastic-esque too? Which ones have you seen that have the replithentic plastic details? I hate it because I feel like it's going to chip and show damage like Swingmans do.

Seems like they just made the Swingmans heat pressed, then push the Authentics towards the old embroidered Swingman quality. The ol' good cop bad cop routine? Bad form MN. If they remove the difference between Swingman and Authentic it will just push people towards the lower-profit Swingmans.

Is that only for jerseys from the 2000 era? Or are the new Kobe jerseys (not the HOF one I quoted) and other 90's joints plastic-esque too? Which ones have you seen that have the replithentic plastic details? I hate it because I feel like it's going to chip and show damage like Swingmans do.

Seems like they just made the Swingmans heat pressed, then push the Authentics towards the old embroidered Swingman quality. The ol' good cop bad cop routine? Bad form MN. If they remove the difference between Swingman and Authentic it will just push people towards the lower-profit Swingmans.

Hmmm. perhaps I misunderstood your comment.

I was just talking strictly about the quality of the tackle twill M&N uses. It is a cheaper form of twill.

Can you provide close ups of the Kobe HOF jersey, and more of what the problem is?

The Hall of Fame patch Kobe is also 20% off on Hibbett rn if anyone wants to take the chance. The product number is different than the other jerseys so thats a good sign. Either they will cancel it or you'll actually get it. And by some crazy chance they send you a weird product you can just return it

big dav 17 big dav 17
Thanks for sharing. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you got got with a fake unfortunately. I'm not sure if they made authentic Expos Guerrero jerseys yet besides the BP jersey. The smaller letters and numbers on the front along with the stitching are red flags. And the front bottom left tag has signs of a fake because the lower rectangular part of the label was cut irregularly, not in a precise rectangle.
Not my jersey found picture on web. My jersey is in closet where I keep my jerseys and didn’t feel like dragging it out. I will tomorrow. I have a ton of jerseys, been buying since 1999. I DO NOT own any fakes. I only buy from retailers. Won’t chance it on sites I don’t know or eBay. They made this jersey 2005-2007.

Back
Top Bottom