Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

For me, this brand jumped the shark, but they keep producing these bozo circus versions of jerseys at increased prices that are somehow popular. It's bizarre, but like most things that get popular, the core audience tends to get alienated. Fine by me, I'm finished with them anyway and I'll take my business elsewhere. Recently got another eBay pickup I thought I'd never see tbh, thanks to the way M&N is currently moving. I'll post it when it comes in.

I'm not sure if this matters to anyone, but the Foot Locker/Champs websites now have way more Mitchell & Ness products because they're working with Fanatics. I noticed immediately when I saw a new tab on the sites, "FAN SHOP". Other companies that use/share Fanatics' inventory for licensed apparel normally have that distinction on their sites. I also noticed because the Foot Locker/Champs websites are using identical stock photos that Fanatics uses. Other companies that work with Fanatics also use their identical stock photos.

It seems like a common practice now with retailers that sell licensed apparel to use Fanatics' inventory to fulfill online orders. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I'm not sure if this matters to anyone, but the Foot Locker/Champs websites now have way more Mitchell & Ness products because they're working with Fanatics. I noticed immediately when I saw a new tab on the sites, "FAN SHOP". Other companies that use/share Fanatics' inventory for licensed apparel normally have that distinction on their sites. I also noticed because the Foot Locker/Champs websites are using identical stock photos that Fanatics uses. Other companies that work with Fanatics also use their identical stock photos.

It seems like a common practice now with retailers that sell licensed apparel to use Fanatics' inventory to fulfill online orders. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Thinking maybe less sales? They’ll basically have prices pegged at one set price for like 80% of the retailers so discounts/close outs will be less often.

They’ll probably also push all the authentic stuff in one place and shift the swingmans off to the other retailers.

Why does the number look so small lol
Screenshot_20221031-084107_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221031-084230_Yahoo Mail.jpg
Yea that jersey is just overall terrible. I’m glad I got an OG helmet tag Woodson when I did. Definitely one of my grails in the collection.

The last go around they did NHL jerseys, they were very underwhelming. Tiny *** fight straps and flimsy material.

Would be cool if they released some sought after jerseys and styles. But I’m not holding my breath on them getting them right or being attentive to details. But the hockey jersey collecting crowd is a pretty picky group when it comes to details going off some of the nhl jersey groups I’m on. So a lot of m&n NHL stuff is likely going to sit if they half *** the details.
I wish I stacked up on the hockey jerseys during the $100 sale. Roy habs and avalanche jerseys, lindros philly ECF jersey, gretzky kings. Luc robitaille kings, lemieux pens cartoon jersey

I wish they would make a Kariya Ducks rookie.

For obscure jerseys, I would want a Brett Lindros rookie or non pens Jagr.

This is now my 10,000 post on this site. I'm going to make it about this 1992 NBA All-Star Game Magic Johnson jersey since it's one of my favorite All-Star jerseys ever.

I can't believe I'm finally posting it when I've had it for a few months now.

It's nice that they started making these again because I didn't see them after the mid-2000s. And I'm glad to have it back in my possession again.
IMG_6350.JPG
IMG_6351.JPG

I'd like to share my story about why I ended up recouping it. I actually got this jersey in 2005, but I stupidly got it in a size 56. I got this jersey simultaneously with the 1993-94 Warriors Chris Mullin jersey that year because an assistant manager I used to know at the Del Amo Mall Foot Locker was cool with the manager at an urban clothing store a few doors away. My guy was nice with helping me get them cheaper. I gave him the cash for the estimated reduced price for both. The manager gave him an additional discount on top of them already being marked down since he liked him.

I can't remember the name of that urban clothing store in that mall. I recall it was owned by Asians. They also had a location in Topanga Mall in the Valley when I went there in fall 2006. I think they also had a location in Ontario Mall. I believe that company folded after 2006.

I believe it was 2009 when I sold both of those way too oversized jerseys online in separate sales.

New Release tag means it will be excluded from all sales
Well you can always try to place a phone order with the flagship store. I was told that after two weeks new releases are not considered new anymore but that was last year so things may have changed. I bought the 1991 Barry Sanders last year from the flagship store during one of their 30% sales and got the discount. While on the M&N site it was excluded because it was still listed as a new release.

The M&N site seems to deliberately keep the new release label on for months or even up to a year, that and they also seem to label jerseys as exclusive so that they don’t qualify for discounts.

Perhaps Fanatics might get these new releases in stock and we’ll be able to get them when they have 30% off or more sales or if you can get a 30% off code.

I like that 92 ASG Magic Johnson. Now that it's back I might change my mind and cop it. I've been back and forth on it personally whether to get it or not.

This is now my 10,000 post on this site. I'm going to make it about this 1992 NBA All-Star Game Magic Johnson jersey since it's one of my favorite All-Star jerseys ever.

It's nice that they started making these again because I didn't see them after the mid-2000s. And I'm glad to have it back in my possession again.
IMG_6350.JPG
IMG_6351.JPG

I'd like to share my story about why I ended up recouping it. I actually got this jersey in 2005, but I stupidly got it in a size 56. I got this jersey simultaneously with the 1993-94 Warriors Chris Mullin jersey that year because an assistant manager I used to know at the Del Amo Mall Foot Locker was cool with the manager at an urban clothing store a few doors away. My guy was nice with helping me get them cheaper. I gave him the cash for the estimated reduced price for both. The manager gave him an additional discount on top of them already being marked down since he liked him.

I can't remember the name of that urban clothing store in that mall. I recall it was owned by Asians. They also had a location in Topanga Mall in the Valley when I went there in fall 2006. I think they also had a location in Ontario Mall. I believe that company folded after 2006.

I believe it was 2009 when I sold both of those way too oversized jerseys online in separate sales.

I need this jersey bad, had no idea they brought it back. This game is the earliest memory I have of watching basketball with my dad. And he taped it on VHS so we would always go back and re-watch it.

Ima be selling a bunch of jerseys and Don shorts over the next few months. I lost a bunch of weight this last year so nothin I have fits :frown:
Ima be posting on Grailed. My handle there is BartMan22 If y’all see anything Jus hit me and let me know ya from NT and I’ll shoot you a deal. It’ll be slow cause most my stuff is in storage. But I’ll post what I dig out. Thanks y’all…

Ima be selling a bunch of jerseys and Don shorts over the next few months. I lost a bunch of weight this last year so nothin I have fits :frown:
Ima be posting on Grailed. My handle there is BartMan22 If y’all see anything Jus hit me and let me know ya from NT and I’ll shoot you a deal. It’ll be slow cause most my stuff is in storage. But I’ll post what I dig out. Thanks y’all…
You sound like me lost damn near 70lbs in a few months and majority of my clothes are baggy

IMG_6350.JPG
IMG_6351.JPG

The year was ‘94

Attachments

• 12B9492C-6074-494A-9BE4-3A4DCDB28767.jpeg
    12B9492C-6074-494A-9BE4-3A4DCDB28767.jpeg
    670.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 41B9AAE0-E9AC-4557-8A38-160EE3D9C831.jpeg
    41B9AAE0-E9AC-4557-8A38-160EE3D9C831.jpeg
    578.7 KB · Views: 65
I probably should’ve sized up on this one. I compared it to my other jerseys (authentics) and it’s about 1.75 shorter in length. I noticed this time around they didn’t drop them as authentic either.

Attachments

• 3504B002-2697-4BF6-96DB-73DCE7230E9A.jpeg
    3504B002-2697-4BF6-96DB-73DCE7230E9A.jpeg
    377.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 6A42637A-6448-4742-8575-193C9C1AFA19.jpeg
    6A42637A-6448-4742-8575-193C9C1AFA19.jpeg
    379.4 KB · Views: 309
I probably should’ve sized up on this one. I compared it to my other jerseys (authentics) and it’s about 1.75 shorter in length. I noticed this time around they didn’t drop them as authentic either.
Officer? yes this man... this man right here.... he po...pos....posted a swingman....

what kind of swingman?

Bape swingman...

pass go do NOT collect 200 and straight to jail

Back
Top Bottom