Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Wandy if Wandy beats Chuck up pretty good. I would think Dana would wanna cash in on his investment when it's at anall time high if Wandy beats Chuck.

Also, anyone in the San Francisco area know a good JUDO school? I know a bunch of great Muay Thai school but are there any schools out there that teach Judo.

UFC 81 features a bout between recent UFC signee Brock Lesnar (who's expected to draw a lot of new MMA fans) and one-time heavyweight champ Frank Mir. Additionally, as MMAjunkie.com first reported, a middleweight clash between Thales Leites and Nate Marquardt is also on the tap.

The event, though, could possibly feature one of the biggest fights of 2008. UFC President Dana White plans to meet with estranged UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture, who was recently offered a fight with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, sometime next week. If White and Couture can patch up their differences -- the duo has had a very public spat since Couture's resignation last month -- the Couture-Nogueira fight is expected to take place at UFC 81.

looks like couture might actually come back to UFC

that silva henderson fight is gonna be crazy nasty

but wat i really want is some new fights from gsp and bj penn

they dont necessarily have to fight each other, although that be great, but just let them fight someone

having them wait for the serra/hughes fight and sherk bs is taking wayyy too long

damn i miss sakuraba

for the interim title, but i dont think penn is gonna walk over stevenson as easy as everone is saying

im looking at a BJ/GSP type fight for this one, but I still believe that BJ will come out on top if his conditioning is as well improved as it seemed to be

M-1 Global New Years Eve event is rumored to have the following fighters on board:

Fedor Emelianenko
Joachim Hansen
Ricardo Arona
Gilbert Melendez
Luiz Azeredo
Aoki Shinya
Kazuo Misaki
TatsuyaKawajiri
Hayato "Mach" Sakurai
Mitsuhiro Ishida

Hayato "Mach" Sakurai
I thought dude was UFC bound?

Joachim Hansen
pimp.gif

wow thats bad news.

whats happens now? i doubt hughes is gonna want to fight anyone else.

and i guess wandy vs chuck is officially the main event after the way they were promoting that fight.

[h1]St-Pierre Steps in for Serra, Faces Hughes for Interim Title at UFC 79[/h1]By Thomas Gerbasi

In the UFC, whenone door closes, another opens, and on December 29th, that adage will ring true once against when Matt Hughes battles Georges St-Pierre for the interim UFC Welterweight Championship in the main event of UFC 79: Nemesis, at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in LasVegas, Nevada.

St-Pierre replaces UFC Welterweight Champion Matt Serra, who was forced to withdraw from his bout with Hughes last week due to a herniated disc in his back.

"Obviously, the loss of Matt Serra was brutal, but the great thing about the UFC is that we can put together great fights like Hughes-St-Pierre at amoment's notice and bounce right back," said UFC President Dana White. "I have the utmost respect for both Hughes and St-Pierre for stepping upfor this fight, and not only are the fans going to see two of the greatest welterweights of all-time settle their score in a rubber match, but they'regoing to do it in a five round interim title fight, and the winner is going to face off next year against Matt Serra for the undisputed title."

Hughes and St-Pierre are no strangers to one another, having fought twice with vastly different results. In their first bout at UFC 50 in October of 2004,Hughes won the vacant welterweight crown with a first round submission victory. In their November 2006 rematch, St-Pierre evened the score with a second roundTKO of Hughes to win the 170-pound title. On December 29th, the two will settle matters once and for all.

"I'm so excited to get this fight," said St-Pierre. "I'm fighting Matt Hughes for the interim title right now, and then after thatI'm going to go after Serra. I've wanted that rematch against Serra, and this is the best scenario that can happen."

Waiting in the wings will be the champion, Serra, who will have an odd rooting interest that night.

"I can't believe the position this puts me in," said the New Yorker, who won the title from St-Pierre and was looking forward to settling thescore with the man he has been coaching against and trading barbs with on the sixth season of The Ultimate Fighter, Hughes. "I'm actually rooting forMatt Hughes so I can beat his$#+%."

UFC 79 also features the long-awaited superfight between the two greatest 205-pound fighters of all-time, Chuck 'The Iceman' Liddell and Wanderlei'The Axe Murderer' Silva, as well as an intriguing bout between Lyoto Machida and PRIDE star Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou, who will be making his UFCdebut. Tickets are on sale now.

pimp.gif

A-MAZING. Its a damn shame im not gonna be stateside to see the class A whoopin Matt Hughes will recieve from GSP

Nemesis = perfect title for this event

demonbasketball04: That's awesome you met Anderson Silva. I really want to meet him. Can't wait for the Henderson fight I believe in the Spider.

Serra....that sucks and this is screwed up. He needs to fight not just hold the belt. He better fight as soon as he's better.

Gosh I wanted to see Serra/Hughes.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

demonbasketball04: That's awesome you met Anderson Silva. I really want to meet him. Can't wait for the Henderson fight I believe in the Spider.

Serra....that sucks and this is screwed up. He needs to fight not just hold the belt. He better fight as soon as he's better.

Gosh I wanted to see Serra/Hughes.

He's not just holding the belt. He's hurt, you don't wanna go into a fight like this hurt.
Hughes got screwed though. While Hughes/GSP IIIis a match I'd love to see, it would've been more fair to Hughes to give him a "lesser" but good fight like Thiago Alves or a Marcus Davis.The fan in me is going
pimp.gif
, but the other part of me is going
tired.gif

URGENT NEWS GUYS. PLEASE READ!!

Ok, so my friend who trains at the gym I used to roll at had a huge MMA fight in Houston a couple of weeks ago. Well, the guy he fought got KO'ed in the3rd round I think. He ended up going to the hospital...I thought everything was going to be fine. Then I go to MMANews and I see that it made headlines.Apparently the guy he fought is now basically struggling for his life and is going to die. Please guys pray for both my friend and the guy who is in thehospital. This is going to be horrible for everyone involved and the sport in general. I can't believe this will probably be the first recorded death inNorth American MMA history. It is just sad that my gym and my friend along with his opponent are the ones who will have to bite the first bullet. It wasinevitable. Prayers.

http://www.mmanews.com/other/MMA-Fighter-Vasquez-In-Critical-Condition-After-KO-Loss.html

After suffering a knockout loss in an MMA bout at two minutes, 50 seconds of the second round of a recent match against Vince Libardi, fighter Sammy Vasquez is in critical condition.

The following are some updates from Sammy's wife Sandra, posted on the TXMMA.com internet forum:

Good morning,

Sammy really needs your prayers. He is stable, but in very critical condition. As of today, he has been heavily sedated. They do not want him to have any activity, no movement of any kind. It seems his brain is swelling. They are monitoring him very closely. He is on the respirator and he's keeping his blood pressure at a good range on his own. They have asked that we keep visitors to family only. The doctor said we need to pray for him. Please pray for Sammy and the family. I thank you for your prayers, love and support.

God Bless,
Sandra

And an updated post:

This is very difficult for me to write. Sammy had a massive stroke on Friday, the damage is very great. We have contacted LifeGift. Please keep us in your prayers.

St. Joseph Hospital the Pavilion
4th floor room 2

Love,
Sandra Vasquez

Man.. that's heavy. i just read about this the other day. Small world to come onto NT and see that a member personally knows one of the parties involved.Definitely keeping Vasquez on the mind, both as a fight fan, and just as someone who hates to see somebody getting hurt in a freak manner.

sucks about that guy that got ko'ed and in critical condition... hope he recovers fully

sucks for matt serra too... but oh well ive got no complaints wit gsp being the replacement

I heard about that incident a few days after it happened. Really really heartbreaking for all parties involved.

On another note, never in my life have I EVER been this excited for any sporting event in my life!! The only thing greater would be watching it in person!!!

6uqlhzr.jpg

Originally Posted by jbone2308

73o5c36.jpg

Not the best quality, but I still haven't got the HQ version from the person who took it.
ohwell.gif

I got a Sinister Brand shirt autographed and a poster signed by him and his translator.
pimp.gif

GSP Hughes 2 was a great call... The first person the UFC wanted was Hometown boy John Fitch
pimp.gif
Turned it down though cuz he couldn't cut weight in a healthy weight in timefor the fight

GSP will win this "Interim" title match and come for revenge for the upset Serra Pulled off on him.

Back
Top Bottom