Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

No point in GSP and Silva. GSP needs to prove he can fight well at 185 let alone going straight at the best in the world.
co-sign.

Let GSP make weight and fight some top middleweights before he dives in head first with a Silva bout. I'm not saying GSP can't hold his own, but Silvais a BIG middleweight and I don't see GSP being able to deal with Silva at this point in his career.

IF it's going to happen I'd like to see GSP fight another solid middleweight.

Throw him in there with Dan Henderson. Big, strong, tough middleweight that may make it an interesting fight.

Originally Posted by ludex360

how does rumble only get 17,000 for a co-headliner? he should get atleast double that
Le probably got 50,000 for just being in Rumble's corner.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I'm not saying that these guys are all getting paid millions, but the disclosed payroll does not represent all contractual bonuses (for example: a cut of the PPV).

When you see a disclosed payroll for a Couture fight for example, it may show $250K to show $250K to win. It has been stated many many many times over that Randy definitely gets paid more than the disclosed $500K (assuming he won).
This is correct. Check Brock's disclosed pay day for the Mir fight versus the disclosed pay.

If Akiyama isn't figting Wandy, he better be on that card or another soon. It makes me wonder what kind of cards Dana has up his sleeve regarding hisintent to put on a show in Japan next year.

Hey are the TUF episodes tonight repeats? I thought it was a two hour special, then the big one next saturday, the 5th?

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

Hey are the TUF episodes tonight repeats? I thought it was a two hour special, then the big one next saturday, the 5th?

It's next week. So it might be 3 matches next week?

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velaquez has been tenatively rescheduled for UFC 109.

still doesnt seem like that's enough time for a full recovery and a full camp for nog.

nogueira-velasquez.jpg

Former UFC interim heavyweight champion and mixed martial arts legend, Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira, is expected take on undefeated rising star Cain Velasquez at UFC 108, which is slated for Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Feb. 6, 2010.

Nogueira and and Velasquez were supposed to hook 'em up in the UFC 108 main event on Jan. 2, 2010; however; "Big Nog" came down with a serious case of staph infection, which forced him to withdraw from the bout.

He clearly did not want to make the same mistake twice in a high profile and very important bout -- Nogueira revealed after his lopsided technical knockout loss to Frank Mir that he had been hospitalized several days prior to fight night with a severe staph infection.

It would be a huge mistake to take on a grinder like Velasquez at less than 100 percent ... especially when a potential number one division contender slot is up for grabs.

Originally Posted by Burn916

I'm not saying that these guys are all getting paid millions, but the disclosed payroll does not represent all contractual bonuses (for example: a cut of the PPV).

When you see a disclosed payroll for a Couture fight for example, it may show $250K to show $250K to win. It has been stated many many many times over that Randy definitely gets paid more than the disclosed $500K (assuming he won).
This is correct. Check Brock's disclosed pay day for the Mir fight versus the disclosed pay.

If Akiyama isn't figting Wandy, he better be on that card or another soon. It makes me wonder what kind of cards Dana has up his sleeve regarding his intent to put on a show in Japan next year.

How much are they making then? How much did Lesnar and Mir make for their fights?

Originally Posted by i am toddzo

Originally Posted by Burn916

If Akiyama isn't figting Wandy, he better be on that card or another soon. It makes me wonder what kind of cards Dana has up his sleeve regarding his intent to put on a show in Japan next year.

How much are they making then? How much did Lesnar and Mir make for their fights?

http://www.wedoitallvegas...Top-4-Million/Page1.html

[h1]Brock Lesnar's Earnings for UFC 100 Could Top $4 Million[/h1] The Nevada State Athletic Commission released the UFC 100 fighters' earnings yesterday, with Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar and Welterweight Champion George St-Pierre taking home the most cash with $400,000 each for their victories. This figure represents their earnings from UFC for their wins and does not include sponsorships, bonuses and other extras.

Although this may seem like a huge salary for a night's work, this figure doesn't even compare to what Lesnar will earn in sponsorships and other revenues. Some estimates calculate Lesnar's earnings for UFC 100 at $4 Million.

As far as the ticket sales for the UFC 100 event at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Vegas, estimates topped $5.1 Million for the event. Other fighters' salaries were $250,000 for Dan Henderson, $150,000 for Michael Bisping, $100,000 for Mark Coleman and $60,000 for Thiago Alves.

UFC 101
is the next event on the UFC schedule, this will take place on August 8th in Philadelphia and on the main card is BJ Penn vs. Kenny Florian. Penn is undefeated at his current 155 lb weight class.
I'm aware that Lesnar probably earns more than most, but that's still a chunk of change.

i'm pretty new to WEC, who's this ben henderson guy? he's completely shutting down all of cerrone's submission attempts. pretty cool. thenagain, i have no idea how old this fight is..

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

i'm pretty new to WEC, who's this ben henderson guy? he's completely shutting down all of cerrone's submission attempts. pretty cool. then again, i have no idea how old this fight is..
the fight happened a month or two ago.

Ben Henderson is the WEC Interim Lightweight Champion.

Outstanding wrestler, decent submission game, and competent kick boxing. can set a tenacious pace with fantastic cardio.

he is everything that people mistake clay guida for.

mentioned a page or two back that i thought minotoro vs. forrest would be a solid matchup.

looks like nog is looking for it too.

"It would be a good fight. Forrest is an aggressive guy who fights on his feet, and I like that. He also has excellent Jiu-Jitsu and absurd wind. It would be a really good fight." -Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

After quickly dispatching highly regarded UFC light-heavyweight prospect Luiz Cain, Antonio Rogerio "Minotouro" Nogueira looks forward to a possible showdown with former UFC light-heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin.

Both men were victorious at UFC 107 last Saturday -- Nogueira with a first-round knockout over Cain and Forrest with a three-round split decision over fellow former champion Tito Ortiz.

Nogueira (18-3) announced his UFC arrival in style with the win over Cane, a consensus top 10 ranked light-heavyweight, and showed the division that he will be a serious title contender. A win over Cain certainly warrants a bigger named opponent in his second outing with the promotion, with Griffin more than filling that bill.

Nogueira, a long-time Pride veteran, was once considered the best light-heavyweight in the world. He holds big wins over Kazuhiro Nakamura (x2), Kazushi Sakuraba, Alistair Overeem (x2), Dan Henderson, and Vladimir Matyushenko.

Griffin (17-6) reinforced his position as a UFC light-heavyweight contender with a big win over personal rival Tito Ortiz. The spirited performance went a long way toward erasing the memory of his sub-par outing against Anderson Silva at UFC 101 in August. Griffin looked immensely outclassed and was knocked down three times in the first round against Silva, who seemed to be two steps ahead of Griffin at every turn. After Griffin failed to get up following the third knockdown, and Silva was declared the winner, he famously ran out of the gym and into the locker room, refusing to discuss the contest.

less than 2 weeks until 107 and no buzz?

news

- paulo thiago vs. josh koscheck II @ UFC 109.

- keith jardine vs. ryan bader @ UFC 110.

- matt hughes likely to return in April @ UFC 112. renzo still a possible opponent.

buzz for what?

bj, mir, fitch and florian will all dominant. i want to see fight where i dont know what will happen

if you didn't hear the TUF 10 season finale results have been leaked for the past week because they aired the episodes early in Australia if you wantresults just google it don't want to spoil it

Back
Top Bottom