Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by True Blues

Also, as much as I hate him, Kos is right: he and Hardy should fight to determine the number one contender at 170.

i dont agree.

kos is only on a 2 fight win streak. one win of which was against a waaaaaaay over the hill frank trigg.

granted kos is a lot more active than the average fighter but he's still 5-3 in his last 8.

and he got KTFO against a much smaller named paulo thiago jus 2 fights ago.

also there's the fact that gsp obliterated kos at his own game not too long ago.

he's not even the most deserving fighter in his own camp. if a shot is going to a fighter who gsp has already beaten, it should go to jon fitch. who depending on where one would rank zaromskis is the #2 or #3 (2 imo) welterweight in the world.
Alright, going by what you have said, Fitch deserves his rematch from that 5 round fight he had with GSP. So why can't KOS fight Hardy for thenumber 1 contender?

Dan Hardy has not beat anyone. His record of fights is weak. Dan Hardy needs to prove he deserves this title match IMO

Disappointed with AJ. This guy showed no ground defense at all and I thought he was dying looking for that oxygen. Dude needs to go up to 185 and stop cuttingall that weight. I was one of those who thought he would give GSP a run in the future but it just goes to show how dominate GSP is at 170. I don't want tosee Kos vs GSP again give Hardy a chance. Tito looked very rusted even when he took Forrest down. I had it Tito in rounds 1 and Forrest in the last 2. Idon't think it was a 10-8 round in the 3rd because Forrest didn't buckle Tito. Pretty good card considering no championship matches and lacklusternames on it.

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

Alright, going by what you have said, Fitch deserves his rematch from that 5 round fight he had with GSP. So why can't KOS fight Hardy for the number 1 contender?

Dan Hardy has not beat anyone. His record of fights is weak. Dan Hardy needs to prove he deserves this title match IMO

Clutchshooter wrote:
kos is only on a 2 fight win streak. one win of which was against a waaaaaaay over the hill frank trigg.

granted kos is a lot more active than the average fighter but he's still 5-3 in his last 8.

and he got KTFO against a much smaller named paulo thiago just 2 fights ago.

also there's the fact that gsp obliterated kos at his own game not too long ago.

he's not even the most deserving fighter in his own camp. if a shot is going to a fighter who gsp has already beaten, it should go to jon fitch. who depending on where one would rank zaromskis is the #2 or #3 (2 imo) welterweight in the world.

people seem to think im an a-hole in this thread, but how can i not be when i see things like this?.

i state multiple reasons why kos isnt anywhere near the title picture, someone quotes it and asks, 'so why cant kos get in the title picture?'

jon fitch's record in his last 8 is 7-1 with that single defeat at the hands of GSP.

that also includes victories over 2 of the fighters who beat koschek within only the last year.

one has to wonder if there is any friction in the AKA camp right now considering two of their guys are top contenders in the same division

Any of you guys hit up Vegas over the weekend for the fight?

Just got back from Vegas. Didn't really see any UFC guys out there but Jake Shields was the same flight as me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

Alright, going by what you have said, Fitch deserves his rematch from that 5 round fight he had with GSP. So why can't KOS fight Hardy for the number 1 contender?

Clutchshooter wrote:

and he got KTFO against a much smaller named paulo thiago just 2 fights ago.

people seem to think im an a-hole in this thread, but how can i not be when i see things like this?.

i state multiple reasons why kos isnt anywhere near the title picture, someone quotes it and asks, 'so why cant kos get in the title picture?'

jon fitch's record in his last 8 is 7-1 with that single defeat at the hands of GSP.

that also includes victories over 2 of the fighters who beat koschek within only the last year.

you frame your point in such a diluted way. Koscheck fought Thiago Alves (Who was ranked #2) with only a week and a half notice. What if he played it safe anddidn't fight him? Then we'd be talking about a guy who's 5-1 since his loss vs GSP. IMO the Paulo Thiago fight was a questionable stoppage and inno way indicated that he is no deserving of his top 5 status. The way I see it is he did the UFC a favor so does he deserve Dan Hardy? I say Hell yeah why not?

Originally Posted by WarMachine

you frame your point in such a diluted way. Koscheck fought Thiago Alves (Who was ranked #2) with only a week and a half notice. What if he played it safe and didn't fight him? Then we'd be talking about a guy who's 5-1 since his loss vs GSP. IMO the Paulo Thiago fight was a questionable stoppage and in no way indicated that he is no deserving of his top 5 status. The way I see it is he did the UFC a favor so does he deserve Dan Hardy? I say Hell yeah why not?

if if if if if if if if if if if .

IF forrest would have ko'd silva he'd have won.

IF GSP fought fedor he'd sub him in 5 seconds.

IF bigbird was in mma his bjj would be unreal.

if if if if if ififififififififififififififififififififif.

there is no claiming a 5-1 record by saying 'if' and then adding 'since'.
laugh.gif

koschek knew full well who he was taking that fight against and that was his decision and his defeat.

the fight wouldnt have been any different with a full camp. at no point during that fight was kos even in the same realm striking wise.

that 'since' thing is garbage. gsp or not it was a loss. it counts against fitch and it counts against koschek. difference is that was fitch's onlydefeat in the ufc.

and there was nothing questionable about the paulo thiago fight at all. the replay clearly showed his eyes rolled into the back of head. his limp body thuddinginto the ground is what made him regain consciousness.

Originally Posted by Club29

one has to wonder if there is any friction in the AKA camp right now considering two of their guys are top contenders in the same division

well 3 since they were ready to hand swick a title shot if he had beaten hardy.

there would be some decent matchups out of american kickbox academy.

there must be a little friction towards swick.

all that time training him and he was immediately ready to bail on american kickbox during that liscensing fiasco.

i wouldnt mind seeing Koscheck and Dan Hardy, the winner

should definitely get the title shot. Even tho they gon get rocked

by GSP

it's mma and gsp has been upset before but it really speaks to how much he has cleaned out the welterweight division.

every matchup that would be interesting for gsp lies either in other weight divisions and non ufc fighters.

gsp vs. zaromskis would be a decent matchup to see.

a lot of people want to see him matched up with shields, but there would almost be no point.

shields is all ground game and it isnt on par with gsp's ground either. he'd likely get ko'd before it even got there.

what eveyone wants is for anderson silva to drop wt. and meet GSP,

i knw its highly unlikely tho.....

anderson silva couldnt make 170.

he made it early on in his career but his phisique has evolved over the years and he's just naturally bigger these days.

he's a pretty big dude for 185.

gsp would have to move up.

Originally Posted by WarMachine

you frame your point in such a diluted way. Koscheck fought Thiago Alves (Who was ranked #2) with only a week and a half notice. What if he played it safe and didn't fight him? Then we'd be talking about a guy who's 5-1 since his loss vs GSP. IMO the Paulo Thiago fight was a questionable stoppage and in no way indicated that he is no deserving of his top 5 status. The way I see it is he did the UFC a favor so does he deserve Dan Hardy? I say Hell yeah why not?

if if if if if if if if if if if .

IF forrest would have ko'd silva he'd have won.

IF GSP fought fedor he'd sub him in 5 seconds.

IF bigbird was in mma his bjj would be unreal.

if if if if if ififififififififififififififififififififif.

there is no claiming a 5-1 record by saying 'if' and then adding 'since'.
laugh.gif

koschek knew full well who he was taking that fight against and that was his decision and his defeat.

the fight wouldnt have been any different with a full camp. at no point during that fight was kos even in the same realm striking wise.

that 'since' thing is garbage. gsp or not it was a loss. it counts against fitch and it counts against koschek. difference is that was fitch's only defeat in the ufc.

and there was nothing questionable about the paulo thiago fight at all. the replay clearly showed his eyes rolled into the back of head. his limp body thudding into the ground is what made him regain consciousness.

Originally Posted by Club29

well 3 since they were ready to hand swick a title shot if he had beaten hardy.

there would be some decent matchups out of american kickbox academy.

there must be a little friction towards swick.

all that time training him and he was immediately ready to bail on american kickbox during that liscensing fiasco.

well you glossed over my entire point with a juvenile rebuttal. My point is Kos deserves a shot vs hardy for #1 contendership and i don't even know why youmentioned Fitch in here?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
What is wrong with Clutchshooter. Dude acting like he invented the sport. Ifyour MMA knowledge is soooo above everyone, go post on Sherdog or MMAjunkie or some other MMA forum. But I guess when there are dozens of other a-holes postingin the same thread it kind of makes it hard to look like the "expert".

No point in GSP and Silva. GSP needs to prove he can fight well at 185 let alone going straight at the best in the world.

it'd be tough to find him a legit middleweight without eliminating a contender in the paper thin middleweight division.

off the top possibly:

okami
maia
sonnen
belcher.

all of which seem academic anyway.

payroll for 106.

looking at the salary of guys like forrest makes one wonder what hendo is asking for.

only 1 mil in fighter salary compared to what they bring in.
smh.gif

MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS

-Forrest Griffin: $250,000 (includes $150,000 win bonus) def. Tito Ortiz: $250,000*

- Josh Koscheck: $106,000 (includes $53,000 win bonus) def. Anthony Johnson: $17,000

MAIN CARD FIGHTERS

-Paulo Thiago: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Jacob Volkmann: $6,000

-Antonio Rogerio Nogueira: $100,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus) def. Luiz Cane: $19,000

-Amir Sadollah: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus) def. Phil Baroni: $25,000

PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS

-Ben Saunders: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Marcus Davis: $27,000

-Kendall Grove: $44,000 (includes $22,000 win bonus) def. Jake Rosholt: $15,000

-Brian Foster: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus) def. Brock Larson: $26,000

-Caol Uno: $20,000 vs. Fabricio Camoes: $10,000
(The fight was ruled a draw. Both fighters received their show money only.)

-George Sotiropoulos: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Jason Dent: $8,000

UFC 106 DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $1,021,000

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

UFC 106 DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $1,021,000

These fighters are getting bent over.
I'm not saying that these guys are all getting paid millions, but the disclosed payroll does not represent all contractual bonuses (forexample: a cut of the PPV).

When you see a disclosed payroll for a Couture fight for example, it may show $250K to show $250K to win. It has been stated many many many times over thatRandy definitely gets paid more than the disclosed $500K (assuming he won).

For the record, the base salaries are NEVER for how good you are.

They are based on how much money you are perceived to draw.

Chuck Liddell can go out and be the first fight on a show and make more than anybody on the card.

rumor is that akiyama vs. wandy was pulled so that they could make bisping vs. wandy for the austrailia card.

Saw that too. Hope good ole Wandy knees the crap outta Bisping word to Rampage vs Wanderlei II.

Back
Top Bottom