Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

LOL i am not even a UFC fan like that...i didnt root for either...could careless who won...i just wanted to see a fight...and it was a good one for the first2-3 rounds...but the last round was way too fishy for me...even the announcers were biting there tongues like W T F is tito doing not throwing anypunches...dude went for 2 take downs and ate almost 20 punches + kicks...

come on wake up

dana white sitting on the side with the judges VERY good look...

i am just saying from a sports fan perspective....sideline with no bias towards either...didnt even know a UFC match was on tonight just for the record...

i bet you guys are the same ones who thought shogun rua lost also...

always gotta break it down for the simpletons.
eyes.gif

tito got a few takedowns, and then had 98% of the gnp negated by forrest's guard which was rock solid tonight.

forrest also scored a sweep and managed to get back to his feet every time.

forrest won the standup handily.

in the third round tito was obviously gassed by the pace that forrest had the kept all fight, the lack of strikes thrown was caused by the fact that he wasconstantly getting punched in the face and was trying not to get ko'd.

he attempted to get the fight to the ground only to get stuffed.

and on this conspiracy bs, for you super genius types out there, tito making a title run brings in more rvenue than a rubber match with forrest.

^ why are you so angry? never once insulted you this whole thread and you go around telling people to shut up and calling them 'simpletons'...

sit down kiddo...your fast talk doesn't impress me.

seems you have more invested in this than anyone else...

lol calm down..you don't get cool points for your favorite UFC fighter winning a fight...

i still think this fight was fixed...don't care what technical crap you try to preach.

there is no anger. simply a lesson being taught.

forrest is far from my favourite fighter and i have nothing ivested in the fight.

your iniial statement was just so full of idiocy that it had to be pointed out.

that 'preaching technical crap' is the explanation of why the fight wasnt fixed.

and the part about the revenue potential of a different fight outcome is just plain truth.
i still think this fight was fixed...

apparently for the sole reason that you seem to think that makes the whole thing more exciting or buzzworthy.

because there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support such an assenine claim.

tito won round 1... forrest won round 2 and 3

tito had some ring rust and it was very obvious. you can clearly tell he wasnt prepared to fight griffin since he has been training against coleman most of thetime.

more importantly, forrest is hungry and focused ever since his embarrasing loss to anderson silva. also, forrest has greatly improved from his previous firstfight with tito.

im not a big fan of Kos but i was rooting for him on this one.

i dont like big fighters cutting tremendous weight and picking on the little guys.

overall the fight was pretty good. the knee on the ground opponent and the eyes pokes made it frustrating.

in the end... kos got no chance against GSP and the only way he can beat hardy is on wrestling. hardy got better and more technical striking if kos is gonnatry to have a stand up fight

Originally Posted by rodster831

looks like its going to be Dream. from now on.

ufc is becoming a joke

everyone complaining you think its the UFC's fault that a lot of real big names are injured? and shut up about the decisions the only one that wasOUTRAGEOUS was Shogun vs Machida and now ever time it goes to decision everyone screams RIG.

as soon as forrest won i was thinking to myself what excuse is tito going to give
then when he says he was hurt rogan said "what is it this time"
laugh.gif

but on the countdown tito was saying im 100% im in the best shape blah blah blah
i dont know why tito just can never say i lost, same with chuck (i got caught) oh well

kos and rumble fight was weird, i like both fighters so i was just waiting to see a good fight
rumble def needs some work on the ground and imo it was a good win for kos
would like to see kos vs hardy for the #1 contender, overall glad i didnt pay for this card

I didn't see it but Forrest is such a baby I wouldn't doubt Dana gave him a gift.

These gifts backfired with the Machida/Shogan fight.

It needs to be cleaned up.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

I didn't see it but Forrest is such a baby I wouldn't doubt Dana gave him a gift.

These gifts backfired with the Machida/Shogan fight.

It needs to be cleaned up.

you should have read that after you typed it and just stopped there.

Minotoro won KO of the Night. all those big lefts.
pimp.gif

the last one he hit cane with almost froze time itself.
laugh.gif

immediate rematch apparently already in the works
eyes.gif

nobody wants to see that.

ufc is just hurting for matchups at the moment.

forrest vs. minotoro would be an outstanding matchup.

on the 'controversy'

it pretty obvious there is still a lack of appreciation for the technical aspect of the sport.

people crying 'rigged' or 'boring'
eyes.gif

forrest showed some fantastic jiu jitsu in that fight, again his guard was rock solid and his ability to get back to his feet was impressive.

two guys really throwing hands is great but people seem to like mindless brawling in every single fight.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

always gotta break it down for the simpletons.
eyes.gif

Still fighting the good fight!

God, I forgot how irritating Tito can be, but his reaction after the fight is just unexplainable.

Even Josh Koscheck can't stand that guy (which is lulz given his own reputation) [see 2:35].For the record, Tito won round 1 in my eyes.

In other 106 opinions:Kendall Grove avoids he inevitable release with each win, and I took his victory over Rosholt as a serious upset. Even more so thanKos/Johnson.

To echo something my buddy Tweeted right after the Kos/Johnson fight, I wonder what Mike Swick thought about his teammate's comments that Dan Hardy"hasn't beaten anybody".

That's pretty damn funny.

Sexyama vs. Wandy might be moved.
With each day that passes, the UFC's first trip to Australia inches closer to a reality.

But while UFC president Dana White seemed confident UFC 110 would take place on Feb. 21 in Sydney, Australia, the exec said the long-rumored featured bout of Wanderlei Silva (32-10-1 MMA, 2-5 UFC) vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama (13-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) might not be on tap for the event.

"That might change," White told MMAjunkie Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio ) on Friday night.

When pressed further on the matter, White declined to divulge any further information. But the UFC exec did say the company was making some changes to previously reported bookings.

"All I said is that might change," White said. "That's my groundbreaking info on that fight. That one might change. We're moving some things around and doing some stuff."

Both Akiyama and Silva shared their plans for the bout in October, but injuries to key UFC superstars (and champions) as well as an expanding schedule of events have forced several schedule changes in recent months.

Akiyama and Silva had been expected to headline the event.

seems doubtful.

108 is still pretty stacked even without nog vs. velaquez.

and dana has already stated they're not moving it to 109.

although it would be odd of them to delay it for seemingly no reason.

unless they just wanted to put a title fight in that slot to appease fans that are getting fed up with 3 round main events. gsp vs. hardy maybe.

anyone crying 'rigged' or 'fixed' is ******ed.

im starting to see its not even worth talking MMA on niketalk. half of you know nothing about the sport anyways

nah it's worth it, i appreciate the info and knowledge a handful of you in this thread drop. i especially appreciate it considering i haven't beenfollowing the sport as long as ya. i take what a few of you say very seriously

this is just how it is after every event apparently...

groupies getting butthurt

I thought Tito eeked out the first and second rounds, but there's no way he deserved the decision after that piss poor third round.

Also, as much as I hate him, Kos is right: he and Hardy should fight to determine the number one contender at 170.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Also, as much as I hate him, Kos is right: he and Hardy should fight to determine the number one contender at 170.

i dont agree.

kos is only on a 2 fight win streak. one win of which was against a waaaaaaay over the hill frank trigg.

granted kos is a lot more active than the average fighter but he's still 5-3 in his last 8.

and he got KTFO against a much smaller named paulo thiago jus 2 fights ago.

also there's the fact that gsp obliterated kos at his own game not too long ago.

he's not even the most deserving fighter in his own camp. if a shot is going to a fighter who gsp has already beaten, it should go to jon fitch. whodepending on where one would rank zaromskis is the #2 or #3 (2 imo) welterweight in the world.

Minotauro looks to february return; still seeks Velasquez.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is looking forward to the day when he can enter a fight 100-percent healthy, or at least without a staph infection.

Just after accepting a heavyweight challenge against youngster Cain Velasquez for UFC 108 on Jan. 2, Nogueira discovered that he had another staph infection, the fourth instance in a one-year span.

"I didn't take the antibiotic enough. The medicine given me in Brazil wasn't good," the former Pride and UFC champion told MMAWeekly.com on Saturday night. "Now Dana White send me (to) a different doctor here last week. I'll be on treatment for six weeks with antibiotics."

The recent round with the ailment caused him to withdraw from UFC 108, effectively leaving the UFC without a major headline bout. The promotion has since elevated the Rashad Evans versus Thiago Silva co-main event to top billing.

The change couldn't be helped.

"If I (had accepted) the match for (UFC 108), I would have just 18 days for training. It's not enough," Nogueira stated.

As long as the antibiotics do their job this time, the legendary Brazilian fighter expects to be ready for his Octagon return in February.

"In February I'll be ready to fight when they ask me to fight. In February I think I'll be in shape. I'd love to fight in Australia. If they put me on the card, I would love to fight there," he said.

He'd still like to step in the cage with Velasquez upon his return.

"I'm not the type of guy that's gonna give up some challenge. That's a good challenge, young guy, strong, push... I push too. I'd love to have the match."

Now it's just a matter of waiting for the medication to do its thing and the UFC to tell him when and where he'll return to action.

MMA is not for the casual fan. At least not discussing fights post-occurrence. Because what's going on in here is why I heard an earful last night.

I wasn't able to find a bar near us showing the fight, but I caught all of Kos/AJ and the first 12:00 minutes of Griffin/Ortiz (still need to catch thatlast round in full) but there's no way, if you have a full good understanding of what MMA is and how it's scored, that you can say Tito won. At best,draw.

Tito MAYBE gets the first round, but I'd really have to watch it again to make a final judgment. Rounds 2 and 3 were Forrest. Reasoning is simple. Whiletakedowns do score points, and Tito was active on the ground, he didn't control rounds with those takedowns. I'm willing to bet Forrest never spentmore than 2:30 on his back in either round, and if he did, it wasn't by much. And that leaves at least 2:30 in the round that they were standing, whereForrest dominated him all night (speaking of which, NEED a .gif of Forrest kicking Tito's mouthpiece out lulz).

Tito's ground and pound was ineffective. Never once did it look like he even stunned Forrest. They were big shots and if some of them had landed flush,maybe he could have got the stoppage, but even the ones that did land flush were shrugged off. Forrest always got up and he even got that sweep. Not tomention, Forrest completely killed in him the 3rd, he was more active, landed more shots, controlled the octagon.

Seriously, the fight might look close to the naked eye, but that could have been a unanimous decision for Forrest or a draw, but no way a win for Ortiz.

And I'd like to see Kos/Hardy, too. Hardy deserves a title shot, but then again, let's say him and Kos fight and Kos wins, I'm sure we'll allthink that it's best he didn't get killed by GSP after all .

Originally Posted by doyung9

MMA is not for the casual fan. At least not discussing fights post-occurrence. Because what's going on in here is why I heard an earful last night.

I wasn't able to find a bar near us showing the fight, but I caught all of Kos/AJ and the first 12:00 minutes of Griffin/Ortiz (still need to catch that last round in full) but there's no way, if you have a full good understanding of what MMA is and how it's scored, that you can say Tito won. At best, draw.

Tito MAYBE gets the first round, but I'd really have to watch it again to make a final judgment. Rounds 2 and 3 were Forrest. Reasoning is simple. While takedowns do score points, and Tito was active on the ground, he didn't control rounds with those takedowns. I'm willing to bet Forrest never spent more than 2:30 on his back in either round, and if he did, it wasn't by much. And that leaves at least 2:30 in the round that they were standing, where Forrest dominated him all night (speaking of which, NEED a .gif of Forrest kicking Tito's mouthpiece out lulz).

Tito's ground and pound was ineffective. Never once did it look like he even stunned Forrest. They were big shots and if some of them had landed flush, maybe he could have got the stoppage, but even the ones that did land flush were shrugged off. Forrest always got up and he even got that sweep. Not to mention, Forrest completely killed in him the 3rd, he was more active, landed more shots, controlled the octagon.

Seriously, the fight might look close to the naked eye, but that could have been a unanimous decision for Forrest or a draw, but no way a win for Ortiz.

And I'd like to see Kos/Hardy, too. Hardy deserves a title shot, but then again, let's say him and Kos fight and Kos wins, I'm sure we'll all think that it's best he didn't get killed by GSP after all .

Here's the catch-22 in all of this: ATHLETIC COMMISSIONS still don't get MMA judging/scoring.

As long as the commissions are putting boxing judges in the seats where MMA judges are supposed to sit, you're still going to get crazy Bisping/Hammil,Lyoto/Shogun, Akiyama/Belcher, Clay Guida/Anyone decisions. Some judges score striking too highly. Some hardly take kicks (see: Cecil Peoples) intoconsideration. Some couldn't tell you what lay n' pray is. Ya know?

While the fighters have evolved into more well rounded Mixed Martial Artists, the judging/scoring has dragged behind. It's still a work in progress, andit's frustrating even for the educated eye.

Cut casual fans a break. Even people that have been around the sport for years still don't get it nor get it right all the time.

I think Pride had it figured out. Score the entire fight, not round by round. If you scored the entire fight, Forrest clearly wins, and I think we can allagree for the most part was that was the correct outcome of the match. There has to be some sweet spot between the "round by round" and "entirefight" judging scenarios that will work consistently in MMA. But I think we're far from that.

Back
Top Bottom