Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Sonnen won't get a rematch. He cheated the first time and still lost. He would have to bang through 3 contenders to get another shot, so like at least 2 years away from another chance.
Two years? Hell no. I would wager you a hefty sum that if Sonnen wins his next fight, he'll be the #1 contender.

Dana is gonna go with whatever sells.

If Sonnen were to beat Stann that on paper would be good enough to warrant a title shot. Couple the fact that Sonnen won 93% of his fight with Silva, the fact that Stann is on a nice winning streak himself and that's good enough. Two years for another title shot? You're kidding yourself bro. The whole "Sonnen cheated" thing is very hazy to begin with. He was on the therapy and under the rules, was allowed to take it, he just failed to report it. While I think TRT is a sham, I can't quite call him a cheater. UFC needs to scrap this crap for good.

I also read on Sherdog forums that on the Mike Breen show, it was reported that Sonnen will be on the treatments for his next fight.
eyes.gif

If Stann were to win, it would be very tough to argue that he wouldn't deserve a title shot, if not then a fight with Munoz/Leben to get a title shot.

It aint gonna take no two years for Sonnen's next title shot. I do wish however that we could see exactly how effective Sonnen is without the extra testosterone.

What is the quickest turn around that has happened in the UFC from losing a title shot to getting another title shot?

Only ones I could think of

B.J. Penn
Loss to Matt Hughes September 23, 2006
Loss to GSP January 31, 2009

Chuck Liddell
Loss to Randy Couture June 6, 2003
Won against Randy Couture April 16, 2005

Randy Couture
Loss to Ricco Rodriguez September 27, 2002
Won against Tim Sylvia March 3, 2007

Chael Sonnen
Loss to Anderson Silva August 7, 2010
?????

I would think he would have to go through Mark Munoz too

What is the quickest turn around that has happened in the UFC from losing a title shot to getting another title shot?

Only ones I could think of

B.J. Penn
Loss to Matt Hughes September 23, 2006
Loss to GSP January 31, 2009

Randy Couture
Loss to Ricco Rodriguez September 27, 2002
Won against Tim Sylvia March 3, 2007
Rua/Machida

I'm not too sure, but looking at the MW division and how unsexy it is... and considering that Sonnen was already given an immediate rematch... I can almost guarantee you that if Sonnen wins he's gonna get Silva.

A couple people were calling for rematch then and Stann is a very legit contender. Maybe one more fight after this depending on what happens with Munoz. Maybe Sonnen/Munoz if Sonnen wins? Might be too long for Munoz to sit out but he does have the Blackhouse connect to build up a match with him and Sonnen.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

yall seriously find chael sonnen funny?
For me, it's less of a "haha" funny or a "that was a good one funny" and more of an "are you ****$%% kidding me" kind of funny. Makes me scratch my head more than anything.

Ok Chael fans. He even admitted that he didn't feel the resistance he thought he would on the ground from Anderson because of the rib injury. You have all the control on the ground for 4 rounds and like GSP you can't find a way to finish!

Too much props for this guy for the simple fact he got Anderson were some of his other opponents could have but didn't. I believe the rib was a factor along with the extra "juice" if not Chael would have been beaten a lot earlier and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I do.

I'm not sure how that would be hard to believe. He brings up things that MMA fans are all thinking, and then just takes it over the top in an articulate and ridiculous manner. If one were to take him even 80% serious, that's their problem. He does bring up a lot of things that I can partially or mostly agree with but never 100%. He said a lot of true things about Pride and about people ducking people. Nothing wrong with that at all, regardless of Sonnen's past transgressions or his UFC record.

Who the hell is giving him too much props? Lol. He's a real life troll with some real talent. That's where it ends. Nobody said he's some sort of elite talent,
laugh.gif

I would love to see this guy compete without the injections though. Legal or not, the replacement therapy needs to be banned period.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

I do.

I'm not sure how that would be hard to believe. He brings up things that MMA fans are all thinking, and then just takes it over the top in an articulate and ridiculous manner. If one were to take him even 80% serious, that's their problem. He does bring up a lot of things that I can partially or mostly agree with but never 100%. He said a lot of true things about Pride and about people ducking people. Nothing wrong with that at all, regardless of Sonnen's past transgressions or his UFC record.

Who the hell is giving him too much props? Lol. He's a real life troll with some real talent. That's where it ends. Nobody said he's some sort of elite talent,
laugh.gif

I would love to see this guy compete without the injections though. Legal or not, the replacement therapy needs to be banned period.

Hit the nail on the head right there.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I do.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

I died when he mentioned that. I'm pretty sure alot of fans were suspicious about PRIDE, and Sonnen made a good point about Cro Cop, Fedor and Wand being beasts in Japan but struggling here in North America. To be honest they got fed some cans, but I only think Saku got a few fixed fights. 

Originally Posted by quiickz

I do.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

I died when he mentioned that. I'm pretty sure alot of fans were suspicious about PRIDE, and Sonnen made a good point about Cro Cop, Fedor and Wand being beasts in Japan but struggling here in North America. To be honest they got fed some cans, but I only think Saku got a few fixed fights. 

they fixed fights for saku?  which ones?  curious to learn more about that.

speaking of Saku.... admittedly I am one of those clowns that buys and wears some MMA apparel (not a ton, just got a couple of walkout tees of some of my favorite fighters).  Just got this shirt in the mail earlier this week.

epic_tee_black_front1.jpg

Well... when Rampage first joined PRIDE they offered him more money to get KO'd or Subbed without tapping to Saku.
The Randleman fight looked fixed to me.
At the opening round of the 2000 Openweight Grand Prix, he fought Guy Mezger to a time limit, Mezger clearly won but the judges ruled it to a draw and wanted OT but Shamrock told Mezger to leave so Saku ended up winning by forfeit.

DREAM 17 07/16

DREAM Light Heavyweight Championship
Gegard Mousasi vs. Hiroshi Izumi

DREAM Featherweight Championship
Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Kazuyuki Miyata

DREAM Bantamweight Tournament Final
Masakazu Imanari vs. Hideo Tokoro

Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Drew Fickett
Marius Zaromskis vs. Hayato Sakurai
Bruno Carvalho vs. Eiji Mitsuoka
Keisuke Fujiwara vs. Kenji Osawa
Trevor Prangley vs. Tatsuya Mizuno
Todd Duffee vs. Nick Gaston

I've got all the PRIDE events on my hard drive from 00-end. Not sure if I should stream 'em...

DREAM 17 07/16

DREAM Light Heavyweight Championship
Gegard Mousasi vs. Hiroshi Izumi

DREAM Featherweight Championship
Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Kazuyuki Miyata

DREAM Bantamweight Tournament Final
Masakazu Imanari vs. Hideo Tokoro

Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Drew Fickett
Marius Zaromskis vs. Hayato Sakurai
Bruno Carvalho vs. Eiji Mitsuoka
Keisuke Fujiwara vs. Kenji Osawa
Trevor Prangley vs. Tatsuya Mizuno
Todd Duffee vs. Nick Gaston
laugh.gif
Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Todd Duffee was on the straight come up before his head got too big and decided he could take a fight with Megareem on like a week notice
30t6p3b.gif
I'm picking Gaston AKA Afrozilla to mob him.

Always fun seeing Zaromskis fight as well. Dude is a vicious striker.

Originally Posted by quiickz

roll.gif
roll.gif

they fixed fights for saku?  which ones?  curious to learn more about that.

speaking of Saku.... admittedly I am one of those clowns that buys and wears some MMA apparel (not a ton, just got a couple of walkout tees of some of my favorite fighters).  Just got this shirt in the mail earlier this week.

epic_tee_black_front1.jpg

Where can I cop this?
nerd.gif

And I agree with Sonnen being one fight away from a title shot. If he can steamroll through Brian Stann it only depends on what happens with Mark Munoz next fight. If Munoz wins then, it will be Munoz VS Sonnen for a #1 contender match. A Munoz loss would prob result in an immediate 2nd shot for Chael. 

[h1]Diego Sanchez vs. Matt Hughes official for UFC 135 in Denver[/h1]
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jul 08, 2011 at 1:30 pm ET

matt-hughes-9.jpg
As expected, Diego Sanchez (23-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) and fellow welterweight Matt Hughes (45-8 MMA, 18-6 UFC) will meet in a UFC 135 main-card bout. 

UFC executives recently made the long-rumored bout official. 

UFC 135 takes place Sept. 24 at Denver's Pepsi Center. A title fight between light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson headlines the pay-per-view main card. 

Sanchez vs. Hughes could take the co-headlining slot. 

Sanchez recently picked up his second straight win with a close but highly competitive unanimous-decision victory over Martin Kampmann at March's UFC on Versus 3 event. "The Ultimate Fighter 1" middleweight winner and recent lightweight competitor returned to his more natural welterweight division in 2010 and suffered an uninspired decision loss to John Hathaway. However, he's since rebounded with wins over Paulo Thiago and Kampmann that both earned "Fight of the Night" awards. 

The Greg Jackson-trained fighter now meets Hughes, who hasn't fought since November 2010, when he suffered a quick, 21-second knockout to B.J. Penn. Hughes, who long had been considered the best welterweight in MMA history, briefly contemplated retirement in 2008 following back-to-back losses to Georges St-Pierre and Alves. However, while fighting only occasionally, the UFC Hall of Famer had put together a three-fight win streak with wins victories Matt Serra, Renzo Gracie and Ricardo Almeida before the recent Penn loss. 

The UFC hasn't hosted an event in Denver since "UFC: Ultimate Ultimate 1995" back in 1995. The Colorado city also hosted UFC 1 and UFC 2 in 1993 and 1994, respectively.

For the latest on UFC 135, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

I got my boy Diego via TKO or UD. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom