Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Phil Davis is out for UFC 113. Lyoto Machida might take his spot
pimp.gif

Would Considering Tito be out of the question?
He denied the fight. Smart move. Tito shouldn't rush himself into fights against the top contenders in the division.

^ why? Lyoto recieved zero injury from his fight with Couture. He actually looked pretty good. I think This will be a good one.

well, Lyoto only has about 3 weeks to prepare while Rashad has been training in peak shape for the past few months. I also think Rashad will learn from his mistake and not stand with Machida, and instead try to wrestle him down for a decision.

BTW, this is the last UFC event that will have a 3 round main event right?

^ reports coming out that Lyoto will NOT take the fight. Supposedly he was not offered an automatic title shot if he beats Hashad.

some reports/rumors also state that Tito was offered the fight but it was declined.

current rumors are that Franklin will step in if Machida doesn't. I wonder what this means for Lil Nog.

On other rumor news, CROCOP supposedly confirmed that he will be getting a fight with ROY NELSON @ UFC 137 (GSP v. Diaz card). Feelsbadman. Why they gotta have CroCop end his career on a stretcher?

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

^ reports coming out that Lyoto will NOT take the fight. Supposedly he was not offered an automatic title shot if he beats Hashad.

some reports/rumors also state that Tito was offered the fight but it was declined.

current rumors are that Franklin will step in if Machida doesn't. I wonder what this means for Lil Nog.

On other rumor news, CROCOP supposedly confirmed that he will be getting a fight with ROY NELSON @ UFC 137 (GSP v. Diaz card). Feelsbadman. Why they gotta have CroCop end his career on a stretcher?
Oh yes. End that career, Big Country. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lyoto Machida will not fight Rashad Evans for a second time -- at least, not at UFC 133.

Machida’s spouse, Fabyola Machida, informed Sherdog.com on Wednesday that her husband will not take the place of the injured Phil Davis at the Aug. 6 event. However, the former UFC light heavyweight champion’s wife explained, it was not a one-sided decision to turn down the short-notice fight.

“The UFC called him [Tuesday] to offer him the fight,

I can see why. With that wrestling and one shot power nobody wants to see Evans. They want to wait for Jones to stomp him or for a fighter like Griffin or Franklin to get put in the slaughterhouse.

If Franklin fights Rashad @ UFC 133 I got Rashad via L&P. No doubt.
30t6p3b.gif

Whoever Evans is gonna face. He won't be top 15 LHW, maybe not even Top 20.

I have a feeling that Rampage get injured then Evans gets the shot then just before the fight Jon Jones pulls out.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Whoever Evans is gonna face. He won't be top 15 LHW, maybe not even Top 20.

I have a feeling that Rampage get injured then Evans gets the shot then just before the fight Jon Jones pulls out.
laugh.gif
agree

so if thats the case they should atleast try to make a fight with someone exciting (maybe tap into their SF roster?  King Mo?  is Roger still injured?), or go ooooooold school japanese MMA style and get a semi freak show type of matchup with someone coming up in weight (Sonnen?)

edit:

^ if they move the fight they still have the problem of filling out a main event for this upcoming card.  Lil Nog v. Ace cannot carry that event on its own.  Its going to be as bad or worse than the Mir v. Big Country headlined card.

True.

But whomever they find to fight Rashad [outside of Machida] wouldn't make sense on a number of levels. Tough position they're in.

Originally Posted by Adolf

I can see why. With that wrestling and one shot power nobody wants to see Evans. They want to wait for Jones to stomp him or for a fighter like Griffin or Franklin to get put in the slaughterhouse.

If Franklin fights Rashad @ UFC 133 I got Rashad via L&P. No doubt.
30t6p3b.gif

Please. 
laugh.gif

EDIT:

Rashad vs Rich/Vera?

I was really looking forward to UFC 133 to see if Rashad had ring rust but it looks like he could be taken off the card altogether with Machida not taking this fight. Hopefully we see Rashad vs Machida later this year. Or maybe Rampage or Jones gets hurt and we see Rashad face one of them.

Cannot wait for UFC 137, I think Penn will easily take Condit.

All these injuries are really frustrating but with a violent sport its only inevitable. While I have started to follow UFC more closely only the last few years, I don't remember this many cards being altered due to injury in such a short amount of time.

If I were Mirko I would recklessly go for the LHK. I mean what does he have to lose, and if it lands, the entire MMA world will go nuts. If it doesn't and he gets raped, no one will be surprised

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

If I were Mirko I would recklessly go for the LHK. I mean what does he have to lose, and if it lands, the entire MMA world will go nuts. If it doesn't and he gets raped, no one will be surprised
Lol. That's his problem. Dude has one thing and it's dangerous to throw and predictable as well. I'm not saying he should retire, I'm saying he's a @%*@@+ fighter now and he's irrelevant.

Oh and MMA world will not go nuts if he lands it. It wouldn't prove jack crap if he landed it, unless he finally shows he's evolved with the sport leading up to it.

With all these injuries and %$%#, i think they gonna need to start paying guys get in fight shape to act as definite reserves.

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by shogun

^
I won't disagree with that one but a few of the contenders would give him problems.  Styles are very important.

If he was given a title shot right away then he'd have a good chance against Frankie or Gray.  He might have a tougher time against guys like Jim Miller, Henderson, Melvin and maybe even Pettis.
not sure i agree with the "eat him alive" prediction.

I dont think Edgar gets enough credit.  While he may not be the biggest 155er, its not like he was overpowered by some bigger and/or stronger 155ers like Maynard or BJ.  While Aldo is lightning quick, Edgar is no slouch when it comes to the speed dept.  

I just dont know what Bendo or Pettis could bring against Aldo that would make them any more successful than Edgar would be.

Frankie is my favorite lightweight and seeing him almost get knocked out by Gray was a big surprise for me.  If Aldo connects then he'd be in big trouble.  I'm one of the only ones who have defended Frankie and talked about how he's gotten stronger.  He's showed it in his fights with Sherk, BJ and Maynard.  His boxing is great but he lacks power.  His wrestling is top 2 in the division so I don't doubt he can get takedowns and win the fight there.  
Bendo's standup is pretty bad so he'll go for takedowns the whole time.  Aldo's a big FW, but we have to see how he matches up strength wise with the huge LW's.  If he gets taken down, can he get back up?  Can he sub off his back against guys with smothering top control?

I'm not big on all this "analysis". I watch enough fights to know that predictions and analysis don't mean jack. 
Did anyone give Frankie a chance against BJ? TWICE? 

The guys taken shots from Gray Maynard and BJ Penn. Guys who could fight at 170. Actually BJ does. 

Aldo is still a 145er. So saying he'd be in "big trouble" if Aldo connects is a bit presumptuous. 

His Boxing is great but he lacks power? He is a small 155er. His power could be right on par with Aldo's if Frankie moves down or Aldo moves up. 

I know you're not hating because you sound like a Frankie Edgar fan. But as I said before, he's constantly doubted and constantly proves doubters wrong. 

Frankie Edgar
Total 15
Wins 13
By knockout 2
By submission 3
By decision 8
Losses 1
By decision 1
Draws 1

Jose Aldo
Total 20
Wins 19
By knockout 12
By submission 2
By decision 5
Losses 1
By submission 1

though

Rashad vs Tito...pretty excited about that. Much more so than Rashad vs Mr. Wonderful. No knock on Davis, but I'm a fan of both fighters and it just wasn't really a compelling matchup.

I'd LOVE to see Rashad put Tito away for good.

The Man, the Myth, the Legend has agreed to step in and fix this Phil Davis withdrawal fiasco.

Dana just confirmed TITO v. RASHAD is goin down.

WAR TITO

Back
Top Bottom