~| Official: MMG Thread: Pill Controversy Pg. 48 |~

Maybach O?
laugh.gif

I guess I'm in the minority cause I like this *%!. It's different from Vol.1, with more smooth tracks than bangers but I can @#$% with the sound they chose for this joint.

I have only heard Fluorescent Ink, thats some smooth #!+!!

i hope the rest of the album is dope...

Album is not bad at all, have to give it a few more listens but I think this is on par with vol. 1. All Birds is fire.

I don't like this album at all. I won't call it trash, because it has a couple good songs. But man, talk about a lack of cohesiveness. I know that MMG isn't known for cohesive albums, but this album was all over the place and lyrically only a few tracks/verses delivered. The rest was so boring.
This is coming from a MMG supporter too, I loved Dreamchasers 2 the mixtape. But this album is not good, not good at all.

I don't know how to explain it but Omarion's sound takes away from that MMG aura. Before, a feature with Ne-Yo or John Legend brought that "magnificence" to the track. I guess I'm just stuck on the Deeper Than Rap days. Has anybody noticed that shift in sound?

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

/\ I'm telling you dog...their whole business model is getting stale in addition to the music.

They had set a standard for a minute w/ the way they was running their promo w/ the vlogs, in-house video teams, good contrast of street records + radio records but every since Ambition...them $$@@!+ been looking REAL stale. I got a feeling that's what led to Meek inking that management deal w/ RocNation cause when +%%+ fall apart him and Wale the only 2 w/ staying power to stand on their own two.

They haven't built upon that model and Ross ain't helping w/ these weak *$# singles he keep dropping for GFID.
ALL of this. You right fam. They set a standard but now I dont even know whats going on. Ross gotta set the tone and come with a banger. Those Lex Luger sounding beats might of been the best and worst thing to happen to Ross. These weak %+% singles aint the move either. He just needs something like a Aston Martin Music or something...

Imma give this mixtape...I mean album another run this weekend.
Was just having this conversation with someone. For a while, couldn't knock Ross's hustle. He was doing a ton in terms of social media, marketing, and him breaking that Lex Luger sound wide open with BMF... but ever since, it seems like he thinks he can just feed that same stuff forever.

I thought the album is decent but I do agree that it seems like trouble is looming for MMG.

/\ I'm telling you dog...their whole business model is getting stale in addition to the music.

They had set a standard for a minute w/ the way they was running their promo w/ the vlogs, in-house video teams, good contrast of street records + radio records but every since Ambition...them $$@@!+ been looking REAL stale. I got a feeling that's what led to Meek inking that management deal w/ RocNation cause when +%%+ fall apart him and Wale the only 2 w/ staying power to stand on their own two.

They haven't built upon that model and Ross ain't helping w/ these weak *$# singles he keep dropping for GFID.
This is true. They did too much and over saturated the market, and the only way you can do something like this is if you're going to put out 80% fire. This is the same ting that caused Wayne to lose all of his respect. This wont hold up forever

Something else that needs to be touched on, a lot of wack/incompatible artists on this roster: Wale; Stalley; Gunplay; LOLmarion and they will be the death of this label along with discrediting Ross if they dont step it up. GFID needs to be really selective with its MMG features if it has any at all.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

We not gonna mention how Maybach O skated on this album? Oh ok cause he was in B2K? Oh cause he did a backflip across Marques Houston's chest he can't get props for killing every feature he had on here? Oh ok NT.
MIA was the only thing he really floated on IMO.

All Birds, Actin Up, Fountain of Youth, MIA, and Bury Me A G are the best tracks on here

I don't see how Maybach is any stale now than they were a year ago? Movement is still the same.  Stalley dropped his mixtape, Rawse dropped his mixtape, Meek dropped his mixtape and Wale dropped Ambition. What has changed? If anything the brand looks far more legit now than it did last year at this time. Last year was nothing but promises being made. Self Made 2 is a solid effort. I get why people might not like it. Its the same reason why someone wouldn't like a Waka or Gucci album. But you can't deny the album has bangers.

We all have our views on what Maybach should be. We want these dudes to rapper over Deeper Than Rap beats. We're not getting it but the brand is still offering solid music.

Is Gunplay that nice as he is on Power Circle? My god!! Someone let me know I'm not that big of a MMG guy normally.

Originally Posted by D723

Is Gunplay that nice as he is on Power Circle? My god!! Someone let me know I'm not that big of a MMG guy normally.

That boy cold Ross just ain't pushing him like the rest and I dnt know why

Originally Posted by The 7th Mile

Originally Posted by D723

That boy cold Ross just ain't pushing him like the rest and I dnt know why.
Marketability. He's clearly the nicest but not sure if the world is ready for a cokehead rapper with 1 big dreadlock and a swastika tattoo to sell 100K first week
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom