:::[Official MNF] San Francisco 49ers vs. Chicago Bears @ Candlestick 11/19:::

Over reaction Tuesday, calm down with this CK should be starter BS after 1 start. Let's wait til the off season to name a brand new starter.

Last edited:
Over reaction Tuesday, calm down with this CK should be starter BS after 1 start. Let's wait til the off season to name a brand new starter.

How is it BS? Can you point to one game in his entire career where Alex Smith carved up an elite defense and made the type of throws that Colin made last night? We have been waiting 8 years for Alex to do what it took Colin 1 start to do.

What impressed me the most was the way CK was changing plays at the line which resulted in good plays

How is it BS? Can you point to one game in his entire career where Alex Smith carved up an elite defense and made the type of throws that Colin made last night? We have been waiting 8 years for Alex to do what it took Colin 1 start to do.
CK absolutely has better skills and talent than AS and will be the QB of the future but lets not go bananas after 1 game. A lot of 49er fans were going nuts after troy smiths first start back in 2010 and look how that turned out. After defenses have tape on you, they scheme and plan against you, not saying CK is TS, I'm just saying slow it down cause its only been ONE game. Not trying to downplay CKs play yesterday because he was very impressive, but I'm not even sure the Bears expected CK to play. Also, I dont think the Bears have an ELITE D. IMO the D is over rated and makes headlines because of all the pick 6's they opportunistically gotten their hands on. For the rest of THIS season I'd like to see the experienced Smith start unless CK has more opportunities to show what hes got, not after just one game. I'd like to see CK get more preseason games next off season and take more reps in practice. You cant deny Smiths numbers under Harbaugh 19-5, 64.2%, 7.36 YPA, plus-20 TD-Int ratio, 95.1 rating.

Last edited:
It's not like Tebow hasn't had any great games, he won a playoff game in OT.  Kaepernick is great at scrambling for extra yards, but I think he still needs to work on finding open receivers and throwing.  With this team being ready for the Super Bowl, I don't see how Harbaugh can opt for Kaepernick over Smith, disregarding injuries...
Did you NOT watch the game? All he can do is scramble for extra yards? Again, did you NOT watch the game?
So, we're just gonna act like he didn't play against the Rams, huh?  Just because he played well in ONE game doesn't mean he should be the starter and he can take us to the promise land.  You're ready to give this dude the starting job after ONE game.  You can't be serious.  I'm not even an Alex Smith fan, but I'm not that stupid either.  And just to clarify, I'm not saying Kaepernick sucks, I just don't think he's ready to take a team to the Super Bowl yet...

This should have been said at the post interviews;
"shake em bake em, cook em n' eat em. no homo." - Adrien Broner
This team played amazingly superb.   Now another big test coming next week against the saints. 

Ck played great and if A. Smith fails again.  Throw Kaep in. 

So, we're just gonna act like he didn't play against the Rams, huh?
That's a fair point, but I would expect any quarterback that gets thrown into a game suddenly after the starting QB goes down to be bit shaky or not perform well.  Not to mention he wasn't prepared at leading up to that Rams game, this game he was.

So, we're just gonna act like he didn't play against the Rams, huh?

That's a fair point, but I would expect any quarterback that gets thrown into a game suddenly after the starting QB goes down to be bit shaky or not perform well.  Not to mention he wasn't prepared at leading up to that Rams game, this game he was.

Actually Deuce, I dont think its a fair point in the slightest bit. Kaepernick, who was sitting on his *** with his feet up when Alex got hurt, was inserted into a game without any preparation with the starters. After the first couple of drives, where our coaching staff was clearly trying to get him acclimated to the game, Colin played VERY well against the Rams. He wasnt shaky and he didnt "not perform well." If any attention was paid last week, you would know he played at a high level in the second half. He led a comeback that Alex fans would have drooled over, and would have won the game if Akers made a field goal that he normally makes.

Last edited:
My worry is once defenses have enough game footage, how he adapts at that point.....

This. The Bears prepared for Alex. I can't believe I'm actually saying this but if Alex is healthy let's start him. Kaep had a helluva game but he was at home fired up. It's different when you play on the road in against rabid fans. Man, I love QB controversy and Harbaugh being so indirect about it makes it that much genius. The "hot hand." Classic Jimbo! :smokin
I bet he won't name a starter until Saturday to keep New Orleans off guard.

This is just the point. Its 1 start. Yes, he played well. Our Defense dominated their offense and the game was never within reach for them after the first quarter, especially not with Campbell. Im far from a Smithers fan, but logic has to come in at some point.

Last edited:
Actually Deuce, I dont think its a fair point in the slightest bit. Kaepernick, who was sitting on his *** with his feet up when Alex got hurt, was inserted into a game without any preparation with the starters. After the first couple of drives, where our coaching staff was clearly trying to get him acclimated to the game, Colin played VERY well against the Rams. He wasnt shaky and he didnt "not perform well." If any attention was paid last week, you would know he played at a high level in the second half. He led a comeback that Alex fans would have drooled over, and would have won the game if Akers made a field goal that he normally makes.

I was at the Rams game. Our defense shut their offense down after the first two drives. The only times their offense scored after that were off of two fake 4th down punt conversions. Alex led us down the field for a TD right before Kaep was inserted. Kaep led us down the field for a TD in the 4th. And right after that, our special teams forced a fumble where Gore ran it in fer 20 yards the very next play. He missed a few reads and made some inaccurate throws that even Alex usually makes. No Niner fan would've drooled over that comeback.

Last edited:
One thing is for sure, we will have a bright future as long as we can retain all of these younger players.

Back
Top Bottom