[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Good win, now lets hope they can steal one of the next two (Haren or Webb). Mets have hit Webb in the past though (same as Brad Penny), so I hope they playwell vs them this time around.

I wish the Mets could play their home games @ ARI the way things have gone the past few years. Alou impacts the lineup greatly, moves Church to #2 and makesthe Mets very strong 1-6 (and once Schneider returns, even moreso).

PS:
eek.gif
@ Wrights over the shoulder catch, reminded me of the play back in SD a few years ago (not as dope though since that was a bare hand).

LINK: David Wright's Over the Shoulder Cathch (on bottomright)http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2008_05_02_nynmlb_arimlb_1&mode=wrap

Dirty is off today, unfortunate.

Too many damn walks though, such a winnable game.

Time for tomm the way things are going, try to steal that one.

...and that's what Willie gets for over using Dirty (used him yesterday in a blowout game), and using Scho to face a righty.

Just when Delgado finally steps up, hits a 3-run HR and makes it a game...there goes the bullpen.

Santana on the mound vs. Haren, we NEED to take this. Should be a good game though, just a little nervous because Johan can give up 2 hits and they can both beHRs, especially at Chase Field. Of course, I won't be around to watch.

Johan has always been a 2nd half pitcher, and even though he has yet to have one of those CG dominant performances, he only allowed more than 2 runs in one ofhis starts I believe.

This is NOT a must win by any means (they can take 2 of 3 @ LA and make it a 3-3 road trip),, but it would sure be nice to get a W today to head to LA withsome momentum. The Mets surely can play with anyone when everyone is on the same page.

Yo how many times are the Mets's gonna let a gutty effort by Johan go to waste? Why should he even try hard anymore dudes are just gonna let the lead hegave them go to waste
tired.gif

It was only a 2-1 lead, but yeah walks will do that.

This was a pitchers duel from the start, close game in the 8th so far.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

It was only a 2-1 lead, but yeah walks will do that.

This was a pitchers duel from the start, close game in the 8th so far.
But Johan was far from sharp and he gutted that game out and it goes down the drain. I understand the lead wasnt that great but you cant help but feel"here we go again"

laugh.gif
@ walking Castillo to face Marlon Anderson.

Nice play by Church saving the game with that throw to 3rd base. 2 out of 3 from the best team in the NL (thus far) is a good look.

On to LA...even with 1 win there its a 3-3 road trip, but its time to get greedy and win that series as well (hope Perez can have a good game despite hisinconsistencies). It's Ollie, Figgy, and Maine correct?

2 outta 3 in the desert, just as I expected. Hopefully we'll fare better this year against the Dodgers.

Mets do what they do in Arizona and get the job done. I'll take 2 outta 3 all the time.

Onto LA...

what upsets me is the fact that santana would be 5-2 right now if it wasnt for out crappy bullpen... last two of his starts were blown god i hate ourbullpen... except sanchez and feliciano and billy

Originally Posted by nightruans

what upsets me is the fact that santana would be 5-2 right now if it wasnt for out crappy bullpen... last two of his starts were blown god i hate our bullpen... except sanchez and feliciano and billy
Ill take the wins though. I just feel bad for Santana he has to be frustrated.
ohwell.gif
You know some idiot fans are going to be booing him cause he aint winning.

Originally Posted by theone2401

Originally Posted by nightruans

what upsets me is the fact that santana would be 5-2 right now if it wasnt for out crappy bullpen... last two of his starts were blown god i hate our bullpen... except sanchez and feliciano and billy
Ill take the wins though. I just feel bad for Santana he has to be frustrated.
ohwell.gif
You know some idiot fans are going to be booing him cause he aint winning.
Don't get me wrong, the bullpen is frustrating as hell right now and if we can't get Sanchez or someone on track, it's gonna be aproblem all year...

BUT Santana's a true professional. Part of the reason dude is so good is because he's level headed and doesn't seem to let anything affect himother than his job. Keep in mind, he was on the Twins, so it's not like he hasn't had his fair share of losses or no decisions when he should'vewon. No doubt we should've gotten him a W in that Braves game early on (that was a pathetic display of no offense) and today, but as long as the team iswinning, everything's cool. Gonna be a tough series against the Dodgers.

Yeah, but he's the ace of the staff and he's been doing what an ace is supposed to do...putting the team in a position to win every single time out.
He probably won't get 20 wins at this pace, but I could care less because you know he's going to pitch EVEN BETTER when the 2nd half of the seasoncomes around. He hasn't even had one of those dominant 0 ER performances, yet he is basically top 5 in several statistical category(with as manyinning's he has pitched).

He still has a 2.91 ERA, 47 SO, 1,01 WHIP, and 12 walks in 46 innings. It's crazy how much better those numbers can improve, and I expected a slow start.

Yo, does Vin Scully ever shut the @%*# up? Nothing worse than watching a Dodger broadcast with this one man team in the booth. Sounds like he's talking tohimself. He's talking about the wildest *+!+ that has nothing to do with the game. It's like having a Ralph Kiner with an battery pack on for a full 9innings. You would think they would put someone in the booth with him to break up his monotonous voice. It would be like having Guru do a whole 9 innings.Looks like Perez is starting off where he left off last game.

Scully just said Reyes grew up in a Banana Bungalow where the geese out number the cars? $$@?

Ill take the wins though. I just feel bad for Santana he has to be frustrated. You know some idiot fans are going to be booing him cause he aint winning.

I think he's doing just fine counting his money instead of his wins lol.

EDIT

That was a very unintelligent at-bat for Luis. The pitchers spot is coming up, so he should be more aggressive at the plate in order to give the Mets the bestchance to score. The hell is he trying to be patient and draw a walk for?

The booing of Andruw Jones is insane the Dodger fans hate him so much.
laugh.gif

Keith Hernandez called Andruw, Andruw Johnson.
smh.gif

That was actually Ron Darling who called him Andruw Johnson by accident.
laugh.gif

Yo, does Vin Scully ever shut the @%*# up? Nothing worse than watching a Dodger broadcast with this one man team in the booth. Sounds like he's talking to himself. He's talking about the wildest *+!+ that has nothing to do with the game. It's like having a Ralph Kiner with an battery pack on for a full 9 innings. You would think they would put someone in the booth with him to break up his monotonous voice. It would be like having Guru do a whole 9 innings. Looks like Perez is starting off where he left off last game.

Scully just said Reyes grew up in a Banana Bungalow where the geese out number the cars? $$@?

He's a hall of fame broadcaster and is still great at his age, but yea he is way past his "prime" if you want to call it that.
laugh.gif

As for the game, Ollie's control the 1st inning was terrible....ahead of hitters and throwing 0-2 fastballs (still is but he's limiting the damage). Heis missing EVERY SINGLE PITCH...but that's how he has been his last 2 starts, very inconsistent. The way things are going, they should look foward to tommwith Figgy and Maine on Wed.

So...tired......must...stay up....for the game.

Back
Top Bottom