[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Does anyone think Mike Pelfrey could possibly be Kevin Brown 2.0 (minus the injuries and roids)?

EDIT:

BIG PELF WITH THE HIT!

Big Mike could very well turn into our version of Brandon Webb. Solid groundball pitcher, and he is well on his way in his last 9 starts now.

I never lost faith in him and never wanted him traded away. The dude is still a young pup to MLB standards. Promising future, and he's pitched 2nd best ina rotation that features perennial Cy Young candidate Johan Santana.

Big Pelf
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nnarum

How many signs does that guy have? I've seen at least 5 different ones...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

lmao!! i was wonderin same thing..

4th shutout in last 6 games.. chea!!!
pimp.gif

mets are making me a happier man as of late
laugh.gif
Great pitching by pelf
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

did you guys see all the reyes stats
eek.gif
.... he is really a catalyst!!!!!!! dude is the truth and my favorite player in the league

PS: Jose Reyes is first player in MLB history before All star break-20 doubles, 10 triples, 10 homers, 30 SB.

Well deserved rest.

40+ RBI from the leadoff spot in the NATIONAL LEAGUE (AL Leadoff hitters don't count, they don't have pitchers hitting in front of them) is veryimpressive.

Giuseppe provides his stamp of approval.

giuseppe_franco-thumb.jpg

Guiseppe didn't even do her hair!

He just put his hand on her shoulder and told her he thinks it looks sexy... The blonde chick is all pissed that he took credit for it.

And yeah, I was implying in the NL for Reyes.

Side note: I looked through the Nationals post for the first time since early in the season (I think). That *@*@ is pathetic. Seriously, check out the first 5pages or so and then look at what's going on now. Hilarious.

Great end to the 2nd half, hopefully we pick up where we left off this Thursday in Cincy.

Reyes should have been an all-star, we know this already. Dude is the truth, but still needs a swift kick every once in a while with his attitude. Still, theman can def. play, no doubt.

51-44 after wallowing around .500 for 80 plus games. Could not be much happier...

LET'S GO METS!!!

Why are ya'll picking on dudes in a Nationals season thread.
laugh.gif

Wright has looked a bit sluggish lately, I kind of wish he wasn't a replacement after he lost the voting, he could use a 3 day break.

We can make it 10 straight @ CIN with Santana on the mound.
pimp.gif

Man the crowd was amazing last night. Pelfrey deserved every minute of it.

Now time for Wright to hit the GW HR for the all star game.

Castillo is said to be eligible to return on Thursday. Manuel says that he does not have the starting job.

Pagan is said to be ready by next week.

Church said he is ready and energized to come back by next week. When asked about the symptoms he said he hasnt experienced any since playing in Philly last Friday.

If all holds true the Mets don't need to make any moves IMO (they could deal with a Pagan/Tatis/Chavez LF). Ibanez would ne nice though since he ischeap.

As for Fernando, no surprise that he impressed the scouts in the Future All Star Game calling his swing "beautiful" and also praising hisdefensive ability (he is a Top 20 national prospect for a reason and only 19 yrs old. He hit .300 2 years ago, had an injured yr last year, and is hitting .300again this year).

We should be seeing FMart later this year, and perhaps staying here for good.

OMAR DON'T TRADE HIM

P.S.: Anyone hear Buster on Baseball tonight refer to the Mets pitching staff as "old"? The only guy over the age of 30 is Pedro, what a tool.

At this point, maybe we're getting a little too far ahead of ourselves, but the most I'd wanna see is an Ibanez type trade. It's not reallynecessary, but I think something like that could be worthwhile. I would hate to see any of our top prospects go in exchange for a rental. As much as I'dlove to have someone like Holliday on the Mets, I don't want to see us have to give up some key prospects.

I also hope that Castillo doesn't get the starting 2B job when he returns, I don't think he deserves it. Could just be coincidence but we'replaying better baseball without him. Never liked the dude and I'm still disgusted that he got a FOUR year deal. Ridiculous.

I almost wish Wright didn't get picked to the All-Star team, even though I voted a lot. I think he could use the rest.

Back
Top Bottom