Official N.Y. Yankees 2010 SEASON THREAD (95-67) WC/ALDS Winners, and that's it =[ ...

juuw5w.jpg

I know this won't be the last time I use this pic. 
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

At least the Yankees meet Obama tomorrow
laugh.gif

Supposedly two guys dressed in all Yankee gear were walking around Citi Field tonight during the Mets game
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Per NY Post, Nick Johnson has changed his number from 26 to 36.

Claims he did it for "no reason" but it's probably because he wants to hit for a better average than .135.

- 4/27 7:05 pm (MY9)

Phil Hughes, RHP (2-0, 2.19) vs. Kevin Millwood, RHP (0-3, 3.38)

- 4/28 7:05 pm (YES)

CC Sabathia, LHP (2-1, 3.00) vs. Jeremy Guthrie, RHP (0-2, 3.46)

- 4/29 7:05 pm (YES/MLBN)

A.J. Burnett, RHP (2-0, 3.20) vs. TBA

When talking about Nick Johnson, perhaps "OBP" really stands for something other than On Base Percentage.

Spoiler [+]
On Bench Percentage
ohwell.gif

NJ was due back today, but he will have yet another day off.

4/27

YANKEES

Derek Jeter SS
Brett Gardner LF
Mark Teixeira 1B
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Robinson Cano 2B
Jorge Posada C
Curtis Granderson CF
Nick Swisher DH
Randy Winn RF

RHP Phil Hughes

No O's lineup as of yet. I will be at the gym for the start/first few innings of the game, so I'll be back at some point during it.

An unusual bullpen flop tonight
ohwell.gif
. Why does Giardi have such a hard on for a lefty-lefty matchup?

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

Nooooooo...A-Rod.....
It looked like a hit right off the bat.

I'll obviously take Teixeira's RBI, but it's a shame Gardner didn't get a chance to steal 2nd, he probably would scored on Teix' hit (assuming it still happens).

Came across a funny Onion piece.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]True Yankees, Regular Yankees To Now Wear Different Uniforms[/h2]
April 27, 2010 | ISSUE 46•16

NEW YORK—The New York Yankees unveiled a new, lesser uniform at a press conference Tuesday in an effort to distinguish ordinary, run-of-the-mill Yankees from the "true Yankee legends who walk among us." "To have Javier Vazquez don the same pinstripes as Mariano Rivera or Jorge Posada is…well, it's unthinkable," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said as Curtis Granderson modeled the sterile, black-and-white uniform with a large, boxy, non-interlocking "NY" stitched across the front of the chest. "The untrue Yankees will wear a blank, unfitted ball cap until they have their big Yankee moment. They'll wear their last names on the backs of their lesser uniforms as a badge of shame." When asked which uniform he was assigned, Alex Rodriguez cried for 10 minutes.
terminator.gif

Back
Top Bottom