Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-trade, 57% of Grizzlies baskets were assisted. Since the trade, that number's up to 63%. (71% so far tonight), 121 of 186 made FG's by the Grizzlies in the last 5 games have been assisted. That's 65% (4th in the NBA), Griz were 25th before trade.

121 of 186 made FGs by the Grizzlies in the last 5 games have been assisted. That's 65% (4th in the NBA). Griz were 25th before trade.

Biggest improvement is in midrange game. Pre-trade, 58% of midrange makes were assisted. After, 72% have been. Midrange FG% up (39% to 42%)

Now, if only we can get a closer.

Last edited:
Would Boston trade for Dre?

Funny you say that because after his last two possessions Twitter was blown up with Andre wants to be a Celtic tweets. :lol:

I really dislike all the sports and their play games in London, China, Mexico, Antarctica bs. :smh:

Idk man not looking too good for d will or the nets... Hopefully he bounces back second half

But like i said yesterday. Jrue and kyrie is on his a**
lol..no theyre not..

theyre nowhere near his 'a**'..

nters always pray and pray for someones downfall...

dude is in a slump..nothing more...no less..

Last edited:
lol..no theyre not..

theyre nowhere near his 'a**'..

nters always pray and pray for someones downfall...

dude is in a slump..nothing more...no less..

I like the Nets and DWill but I'm not as confident as you are. It seems like he's struggled since his injury in NJ and he hasn't really looked like that superstar player for quite a while. I'm not sure he's ever going to be able to tap into that again. It's frustrating because I loved the trade for him and he's in a position to make this team a contender if he was really playing at an elite level.

All jokes aside melo is better than pierce in the athletic department then pierce in their primes and a better all around scorer

Both great isolation scores who arent known for being good leaders or good teammates. They've slowly fallen behind their truly "elite" peers because these issues have prevented them from taking the next step and really carrying their teams to real playoff success.

Pierce learned late in his career to play within the flow of the game and matured quite a bit. He stopped making his teammates worse and became one of the franchise greats. Carmelo has a chance to do the same, though he's certainly not there yet.

I'm not sure Carmelo is as smart as Pierce is though.

Paul Pierce's success has been pretty much correlated to his teammates. He had a pretty good idea of what to do at age 24 and 25.

I don't have an issue with Carmelo not being a facilitator, it's not him. I have an issue when he becomes the only option and just keeps plugging away like it's fine. A lot of times that falls on Woodson as much as anyone with this team. Melo should be a big piece to the puzzle, just not the whole thing. Not going to beat good teams taking 25, 26, 27 shots. Part of me was happy to see isolation basketball go down in flames in both ABC games yesterday.

Paul Pierce's success has been pretty much correlated to his teammates.

And what has Carmelos success been correlated to? Nevermind Carmelo's never had any success in the NBA :smh:

P2 may be the most underrated player of the last decade. Big shot after big shot and he gets no love on here or anywhere else .

Carmelo is a great player but im sorry he's not seeing Pierce in any way.

And what has Carmelos success been correlated to? Nevermind Carmelo's never had any success in the NBA :smh:

P2 may be the most underrated player of the last decade. Big shot after big shot and he gets no love on here or anywhere else .

I think you're missing the point of the guy you posted. He was saying that Pierce has always been a great player, his teams just weren't good enough to win early in his career. Where I'd implied that he got more mature later in his career which allowed him to be more successful.

And what was Paul Pierce before KG and Ray Allen arrived in 08? Thats what AI3XIs was referring to.

Funny how the most "underrated" player of the last decade was on a team that was a perennial loser until those other two arrived on the scene.

Bruh I'm tired of you dissin BG

You used to have a Blake Griffin avy.. You don't think I remember??

What made you stop liking Blake Griffin? Please respond
laugh.gif

All I said was if Carmelo is Paul Pierce in the Early 2000's. Antoine Walker years, not KG/Ray/Rondo included.

I see the comparison very much. That's why I wanted to see you guys opinion on it.

P2 was in an ECF way before Kg and Ray were on the map, though. Carmelo has never brough his team that far. He's been around for a minute and i feel like his underachieving career gets a pass because he's cool and plays for rhe Knicks. He doesnt make the players around him better and if he's the focal point of your offense, you arent winning.

P2 > Melo whether its Career, one year, one series, one game, one shot.

Some of you forget just how good Pierce was before Ainge blew up the roster with 18 and 19 year olds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom