• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
serious question famb, I agreed with what you said but if you were Austin himself, how would you even approach improving those two areas? i have always wondered about those players who are so close but yet so far away from being an AS, elite, etc and why they never get there.
The simplest way I could describe finding those two elements for a man in Austins position is "to find God"

I mean, we all excel at one thing in our lives, maybe many but just imagine the thing you do best and then, look back to the time that the light bulb went off and it all came together.....before then you always knew you understood this thing and you could one day be great but somehow you only showed flashes of greatness in that area, other times you struggled with it....and then one day, it just all came together, made sense, became easy and second nature for you. You can't really explain it. I call it, finding God.
Who knows why the light bulb goes off, you just know it did.

DRjHf4PUEAE8Ctu.jpg

The simplest way I could describe finding those two elements for a man in Austins position is "to find God"

I mean, we all excel at one thing in our lives, maybe many but just imagine the thing you do best and then, look back to the time that the light bulb went off and it all came together.....before then you always knew you understood this thing and you could one day be great but somehow you only showed flashes of greatness in that area, other times you struggled with it....and then one day, it just all came together, made sense, became easy and second nature for you. You can't really explain it. I call it, finding God.
Who knows why the light bulb goes off, you just know it did.

what if a person in Austin position doesn't believe in God

Last edited:
is it because of them being the same height? i don't any other similarities lol. i see Kris Dunn as a 6'4 more athletic and better Kyle Lowry.
dunn doesn't have a jumper nor is he a volume shooter from 3 so there's no similarity in his game to lowry to me. doesn't get to the line either.

from a physical profile, he's tall, quick, has long arms/wingspan, and is athletic (though less athletic and explosive than wall). game wise, coming out of college, both were touted as great defenders and/or have tremendous potential on that end. he was also one of the nation's leaders in assists. he's a pass-first point guard like wall, not super efficient in iso situations, and rely more on athleticism to score. both have high usage of pick and roll, drive and kick to find the open man, and shooting is a main weakness. both are also pretty good rebounders for their position. dunn also plays out of control at times and that leads to a high turnover rate, similar to a young john wall.

I mean has Dunn improved that much or is it just that he’s playing more?
combination of both. he's gotten way better with his decision making and offensive game this year. pretty much given, somewhat, the reigns of the offense and has the confidence to try to do what he did at providence. still not a knock down shooter but it's improved. check out his per 36 min/per 100 possession numbers to get an idea of how he's improved if you haven't watched him a lot this year.

dunn doesn't have a jumper nor is he a volume shooter from 3 so there's no similarity in his game to lowry to me. doesn't get to the line either.

from a physical profile, he's tall, quick, has long arms/wingspan, and is athletic (though less athletic and explosive than wall). game wise, coming out of college, both were touted as great defenders and/or have tremendous potential on that end. he was also one of the nation's leaders in assists. he's a pass-first point guard like wall, not super efficient in iso situations, and rely more on athleticism to score. both have high usage of pick and roll, drive and kick to find the open man, and shooting is a main weakness. both are also pretty good rebounders for their position. dunn also plays out of control at times and that leads to a high turnover rate, similar to a young john wall.

combination of both. he's gotten way better with his decision making and offensive game this year. pretty much given, somewhat, the reigns of the offense and has the confidence to try to do what he did at providence. still not a knock down shooter but it's improved. check out his per 36 min/per 100 possession numbers to get an idea of how he's improved if you haven't watched him a lot this year.

I disagree. Kris Dunn's midrange is money and advance af for a second year player. Super craft like a lowry. I didn't watch him that much in Minny or college but this year he doesn't rely more on athleticism to score. his drive and kick game needs work so im not sure if he lost that skill or hasn't used it that much or at least from what i have seen. he's shooting 44% from 16 ft above and 39% from 3s. tough for me to say that's his main weakness. idk when i watch dude i don't see john wall at all besides his the similar build. he definitely uses his body and size better than wall already imo.

I disagree. Kris Dunn's midrange is money and advance af for a second year player. Super craft like a lowry. I didn't watch him that much in Minny or college but this year he doesn't rely more on athleticism to score. his drive and kick game needs work so im not sure if he lost that skill or hasn't used it that much or at least from what i have seen. he's shooting 44% from 16 ft above and 39% from 3s. tough for me to say that's his main weakness. idk when i watch dude i don't see john wall at all besides his the similar build. he definitely uses his body and size better than wall already imo.
kyle lowry doesn't even shoot midrange jumpers though. he only has 31 shots this year from 10ft to inside the 3 pt line. dunn has 115. wall has 100.

he's shootin 39% on 3's but only averages 2 a game, and he's shot 30% this month, which is in line with his rookie year, so that 40% month is more of an outlier than this recent streak of good shooting. i don't think he sucks at shooting, i just think it's a weakness of his and it was one of the knocks on him coming out. lowry averages 7.6 btw and wall's around 4.

i think he can be a less athletic, but better shooting version of wall.

Been wondering what the hell has been up with Simmons over the past 2-3 weeks with his lack of aggressiveness and stumbled upon that him and the Gonzalez twin broke up basically right before this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom