• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Yao is the HOF because of the China impact, then Starbury should also get the nod.

I'm not saying he shouldn't, but the two situations are very different. Marbury's is odd because he couldn't really cut it in the NBA as a high level player, but was able to be great at a lower level. It's a little like Christian Laettner or somebody like that who is in the Hall off of a great college performance.

Also Yao's contributions outside of playing the game itself go way beyond Marbury's. And as an NBA player alone he probably isn't a HOFer but imo would have been if not for the injuries.

Marbury is interesting, because it wasn't like he was some average NBA player. He averaged 19 points and 8 assists over a 12 year NBA career. Chris Paul's counting stats are pretty similar for his career, except he's a far better shooter and defender.

IMO, his time in China puts him in. Biggest US "star" to ever play in the CBA.

DB50E00A-6740-422A-9B09-82F31354CEB3.png

E77ADE3F-2593-4FA1-9FD2-06EA78FF7B02.png

#FreeJah

We always play the Spurs on back to backs and this year has finally been different. Mitchell is special. i have not enjoyed watching a Jazz team like this since 97. ROY for sure. Even if they do co-rookies im not mad. Mitchell has single handedly brought excitement back to Utah.

Obviously I was selfishly pleased with Hayward choosing to leave Utah for Boston, but it sucks when players like that leave the smaller markets. Genuinely happy for them that Mitchell has been able to make such an impact. If they can hit on another wing at some point, they'll have a really nice core.

Was hoping it could be Hood. He was just always hurt and too inconsistent. Happy he gets a fresh start in Cleveland. Dennis Lindsey has had some incredible finds. Joe Ingles and Royce O'neale are huge contributors and came from essentially nowhere. I put all my faith in DL

Nah he couldn’t get off the bench because brown and colangelo hate certain players. Amir Johnson can barely jump and he’s playing solid minutes

Again are you watching what people are saying about him on the Nets? Amir Johnson is probably better at this point

I will say that Amir Johnson defends his *** off when he’s in there. He just can barely jump over a damn piece of paper at this point though. He’s completely useless on the offensive end unless his man leaves him to help out on somebody else and leaves him wide open for a dunk or layup. I wish Brett Brown didn’t hate Holmes defense so much.

I wish we had a young guy like Bam or Jordan Bell off the bench

Last edited:
Nah he couldn’t get off the bench because brown and colangelo hate certain players. Amir Johnson can barely jump and he’s playing solid minutes

Yeah, I'd hate a player that did this too. He stood in the paint for over 5 seconds, couldn't turn the man on a straight line drive knowing he was going to drive and fouled.... Allowing the player to still get a shot off and score. Easily one of the worst defensive sequences I've ever seen in my life.

Again are you watching what people are saying about him on the Nets? Amir Johnson is probably better at this point
Amir Johnson can’t jump. No matter how bad okafor is playing, Amir Johnson can’t jump or move. Last night there was a play where TJ dishes the ball off to Amir who was wide open at the bucket. It takes this guy 3 seconds to wind up and give a piss poor jump attempt that leads to getting blocked and fouled. A guaranteed bucket devolves into free throws

I remember when the Knicks fell to 4 ... dudes where crying cause they knew they couldn't get Oka for .... hope he can do something

Amir Johnson can’t jump. No matter how bad okafor is playing, Amir Johnson can’t jump or move. Last night there was a play where TJ dishes the ball off to Amir who was wide open at the bucket. It takes this guy 3 seconds to wind up and give a piss poor jump attempt that leads to getting blocked and fouled. A guaranteed bucket devolves into free throws

That clip is hilarious. He was in the paint for literally 14 seconds and still gave up an and 1.

You said they benched Okafor because they hate certain players. But Okafor is terrible. So what is your point exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom