• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not taking about how they play, I'm taking strictly as a shooter. If Rubio doubled his attempts a game, I would wager his percentages would go significantly down.

Again you're doing it wrong looking at box score stats for rookies. They are going to be bad.

What you look for is the talent. What jumps out at you, what do they do now, that in about 3 years you'll think is AS level

That's why people are down on Lonzo not because he's missing open shots as some might think

He actually can be when he shoots. In fact, he's better when teams go under and force him to shoot vs when teams go over screens and force him into the midrange / paint

Gotta be a threat when you are out there for 30+ minutes.
Come on bro that should be the standard for all rookies I been saying that since the season began. Hell I was saying that when he was putting up triple doubles in summer league.

That being said it's pretty hard to ignore Lonzo's box score when he's literally historically bad but still, with Lonzo it's not about the 3/15 it's the poor dribbling, lack of wiggle off the bounce, his finishes being so low / below the rim, not being able to go right, **** like that.

He is a blur in transition though, with an high IQ and a good team defender which is why he was always a high floor guy for me.

Again you're doing it wrong looking at box score stats for rookies. They are going to be bad.

What you look for is the talent. What jumps out at you, what do they do now, that in about 3 years you'll think is AS level

That's why people are down on Lonzo not because he's missing open shots as some might think

MVP MVP Where is the "Bull" again, him missing 3's was never the issue.

You said he never shot like this his rookie year. Survey determined: that was a lie.

Fact is he's a lot closer to Rubio than you wanna admit. Neither of them are knock down shooters. If Lonzo goes through an entire season over 35%/6 3pa then take your shirt off but it literally makes no sense to do it now.

why we eeem talkin bout lonzo? he sucks. low level point guard.

definitely not a wavy starboy nominee

MVP MVP Where is the "Bull" again, him missing 3's was never the issue.

magic-johnson-eating-popcorn.gif

Idk about y'all but Lonzo is my ROY. Once you ignore some of his more unsavory stats he's clearly a cut above the rest. Should've been in the 3 point contest this year. The numbers I look at practically guarantee a win for him.

Idk about y'all but Lonzo is my ROY. Once you ignore some of his more unsavory stats he's clearly a cut above the rest. Should've been in the 3 point contest this year. The numbers I look at practically guarantee a win for him.

:lol: my dude

If you allow last night to be your judge on Lonzo then yeah for sure Hot Take.

But his red flags last night were the same red flags at UCLA, and at Chino Hills.

A hot take would be that Lonzo 2/15 = can't shoot.

What's not a hot take is inability to get to the FTL, Dribble, Go right, do anything creative off the bounce, these things aren't hot takes but rather real issues that he'll have to at least somewhat correct in the league.

If you were pro Lonzo or on the fence about Lonzo, last night shouldn't have changed that at all. He'll play better. The competition isn't so bad that he won't, but those issues will still be there opening night in all likelihood and they were there last night.

July MVP MVP https://niketalk.com/threads/offici...edia-days-begin.663423/page-627#post-28420401

You said he never shot like this his rookie year. Survey determined: that was a lie.

Fact is he's a lot closer to Rubio than you wanna admit. Neither of them are knock down shooters. If Lonzo goes through an entire season over 35%/6 3pa then take your shirt off but it literally makes no sense to do it now.

No he didn't. Rubio never shot 40% on 5+ attempts. That's a lie. If you show me a stretch of games where Rubio has shot 35%+ on 5+ attempts a game I'll shut up. Until then, my shirt will stay off.

Lonzo pretty much is at 35%/5 attempts. Why else would my shirt be off? When did Rubio ever do this?

I've maintained that his first 20 games were an anomaly. Bruh wasn't confident, was getting adjusted to the 3 point line, hair was getting in the way whatever. Point is bruh isn't the worst shooter of all time like a lot of people were saying.

No he didn't. Rubio never shot 40% on 5+ attempts. That's a lie. If you show me a stretch of games where Rubio has shot 35%+ on 5+ attempts a game I'll shut up. Until then, my shirt will stay off.

Would you cut the sleeves off if rubio had a 4 game stretch shooting 50% from 3 on 4 attempts?

Answer my question doe

Obviously yes. 3 point shooting is different from free throw shooting in my eyes, I'm not one of them ts% bible thumpers. If Steph shot the same from 3 but 50% from free throw I'd still call him a great shooter

Shoe literally said that even tho he was making 3s at UCLA he wasn't a true shooter and the NEXT day was like I always knew he'd knock those down. But lost that receipt I guess

Last edited:
How is Lonzo "pretty much" at 35% on 5 attempts per?

And how can his first 20 games be an anomaly? He's only played 38 games :lol: :lol:

Not to mention, they are ALL either open or wide open

At BEST, this is inconclusive and whichever way you lean w/zo as a shooter should be unchanged.
You're thinking about it too much. It makes perfect sense if you don't think about it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom