OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who are some of the upperclassman that could have sneaky value?

I been rocking with metu, he's been steady this year, would have no issue taking him right outside the lottery

Aaron holiday seems like he could be a nice bench player

Trier seems like he could also be a nice bench volume scorer, Marcus Thorntonish

Brunson can't be worse than tj right?

I'd take all three of these guys early 2nd

Comparing Lonzo's freshman season with Trae Young's. Who would ya'll take in a draft?

Funniest thing is he was kind of doing this on the AAU scene as well. MoKan destroyed other squads, most of the prospect hype went to Porter though cause he looks the part more than Trae. So in a way, it's not even like much has changed.

Also, every time I watch Bagley I just feel my feelings about his pro prospects being reinforced. If your a four in the NBA today, you have to be able to play on the wing and I don't see that with him. And he just doesn't have the wingspan to be a five defensively (I still think that's his best
Position) so where do you really play him.

He's an amazing college player but he feels like he missed his era to me.

Not ready to dub bagley as the new okafor just yet. He's got a decent face up game and can develop his ball skills to make sure he can function fully in this era

Anyway, ayton is too special offensively. Really knows how to pass and find open teammates too, outside of his elite ability to bobble

Bagley can rebound, has solid athleticism and as inconsistent as his jumper/free throws are has a nice stroke

He already has the mentality to handle and at times play like a new era 4/5 it's just a matter of developing that shot tbh

I'm not sold on Trae as some of you here. Not a fan of this Curry comparison at all either. He hasn't faced real length yet, he's already not that great of a finisher as is. I need to see what he does when his shot isnt falling, so far it has been though. Defensively he's not guarding anyone in the league.

I was thinking something along the lines of Jameer Nelson or JJ Barea, I like the Damon Stoudemire comparison though.

Ayton to me is head and shoulders the best prospect in this draft.

I'm not sold on Trae as some of you here. Not a fan of this Curry comparison at all either. He hasn't faced real length yet, he's already not that great of a finisher as is. I need to see what he does when his shot isnt falling, so far it has been though. Defensively he's not guarding anyone in the league.

I was thinking something along the lines of Jameer Nelson or JJ Barea, I like the Damon Stoudemire comparison though.

Ayton to me is head and shoulders the best prospect in this draft.

He didn't have a great shooting game against TCU....but found his way to the line 18times. Its not like hes beating up on teams without length...OU faced teams with nba level athletes and defenders...and he's torched them all. Killing bigs on switches, using screens and going downhill, pulling up from curry range
etc. Dudes skill level is ridiculously high...that it makes up for his lack of physical tools. When you are an elite shooter with high iq and an array of ball skills and the threat of playmaking...you become alot faster and a better finsher.

Dude is a freshman...and doesn't have any glaring flaws offensively at this stage. Most skilled guard prospect since Cp3

at this point I gotta go with trae before sexton

Yeah he lacks burst and is questionable finishing at the rim but all his other positives outweigh these. More than enough

Also point guard defense always seems to be way overrated around here. When I see some of the other starting point guards out there, youngs defense shouldn't be much worse

at this point I gotta go with trae before sexton

Yeah he lacks burst and is questionable finishing at the rim but all his other positives outweigh these. More than enough

Also point guard defense always seems to be way overrated around here. When I see some of the other starting point guards out there, youngs defense shouldn't be much worse

Im not even sure id say trae "lacks bursts". He quick as hell with the ball...and the threat of him pulling up from 35 has the defenders playing him too tight, where he uses elite ball skills, handle and iq to beat them.

I think the guy could become a better finisher in time. Already has an array of floaters and crazy layup package in his arsenal.

I can't rationalize drafting a big with poor defensive instincts and not being a great rim protector first in the draft in today's league.
Kat and zinger aren't rim protectors are they? Ayton might make you look silly soon enough but at the same time I love the top 6 prospects so I'm not even trippin

I just think you are making it a bigger deal than it is with ayton. Every player in the top 6 has their question marks

Dudes skill level is ridiculously high...that it makes up for his lack of physical tools. When you are an elite shooter with high iq and an array of ball skills and the threat of playmaking...you become alot faster and a better finsher.

I agree BUT when you're drafting in the top 5 you're shooting for a multiple all star type caliber player. I dont see that with Trae, especially at the PG position. I'm trying to think of the elite level shooters who are as poised as him (Steph, Dame, Kyrie, even Conley) and cant see him being better or as good as any of them. He's more in that Dragic, Kemba type tier and still that's more of a ceiling imo.

Kat and zinger aren't rim protectors are they?

KP is considered a rim protector. Peep the defensive numbers.

Kat and zinger aren't rim protectors are they? Ayton might make you look silly soon enough but at the same time I love the top 6 prospects so I'm not even trippin

I just think you are making it a bigger deal than it is with ayton. Every player in the top 6 has their question marks

Porzingis absolutely is but he doesn’t rebound

At least ayton rebounds

Because ayton has poor defensive instincts you are going to go with bagley or bamba before him? Can't justify this imo

If you want to go with luka first, I get it. Ayton can't go any lower than 2 for me

Although honestly I'm still pretty stuck on porter too. I probably go ayton, porter then bamba or Luka

Back
Top Bottom