>Official NBA 2K14: Join NTers @ 2K Park IF Next Gen + General Tips/Discussion

Yup. I like to play fast. Plus the CPU would tip my passes too often.
So it was an issue with passing for you. Always try to shorten the passing distance with the dribble. And use the lead pass feature to lead the receiver away from the defender in the passing lanes. Running plays really opens up the game. Presents a lot of different scoring looks. Also makes you less predictable on offense.

man, feels kind of different. don't know how i feel about the controls yet... definitely a bit of a learning curve. it feels more realistic, but stiff at the same time.

I definitely like 2K13 controls better, but thats not saying this one handles bad. eh, gotta get used to it i guess.

another thing i noticed is that jump shots are relatively quicker than on 2K13. harder to time em. KD and Curry are money though :x

Last edited:
man, feels kind of different. don't know how i feel about the controls yet... definitely a bit of a learning curve. it feels more realistic, but stiff at the same time.

I definitely like 2K13 controls better, but thats not saying this one handles bad. eh, gotta get used to it i guess.

another thing i noticed is that jump shots are relatively quicker than on 2K13. harder to time em. KD and Curry are money though :x

It seems a bit more tactical, for lack of a better word, from the trailors. Is it a bit slower paced at all?

It seems a bit more tactical, for lack of a better word, from the trailors. Is it a bit slower paced at all?

yeah, id say thats a good word for it. seeing that the shot stick and isomotion moves are on the same stick now, you definitely have to know what you're doing or you'll turn the ball over. there's no more flicking the stick and praying something good will happen. as far as the pace, it seems about the same as 2K13 id say. really depends on the team you choose though. Its much easier to run the floor with miami than it is san antonio, and the game highlights that

also, onball defense is much improved. played against OKC online earlier and Chalmers was getting tormented by Westbrook. Also had a really hard time trying to get by Sefolosha off the dribble without screens.

They separated a LOT of the ratings as well, such as standing layups, runners...

Last edited:
It's supposed to. Sports games operate on engines. They can't revamp the engines EVERY year. All sports games "feel" like their predecessors for the most part.

Last edited:
got the game, played just a bit last night and even though it looks like 2k13 theres def noticable differences

I cant find any option to change the controller scheme at all. Can anyone else with the game confirm?

You set screens by holding B now. Only way to spin is with the right stick.

Alley oop is back to LT + button (its LT + X in this game). Fake pass is X + A now.

Looks like they got rid of the spin dunk, or at least a single fluid animation for it. You now have to manually spin and then manually go up for a dunk after the spin animation. Theres a couple milliseconds delay between those two animations.

I've only played a single quick match and training camp though.

Back
Top Bottom