>Official NBA 2K14: Join NTers @ 2K Park IF Next Gen + General Tips/Discussion

I got my copy yesterday and I'm in SoCal. Game is definitely different from 2k13. Didn't expect too much of a difference in graphics but the game play is smooth. If you just try to turbo in the game there is a lot of contact, not as easy to euro step. A bunch of other stuff too that I can't remember right now.

after playing about 10 online games, im not a fan of this one. went 9-1 but the game just feels... weird. think im gonna wait for next gen.

after playing about 10 online games, im not a fan of this one. went 9-1 but the game just feels... weird. think im gonna wait for next gen.
Details man? Is it because it is a new game? That is why it feels weird? Maybe give it some time since you just got it.

I got my copy yesterday and I'm in SoCal. Game is definitely different from 2k13. Didn't expect too much of a difference in graphics but the game play is smooth. If you just try to turbo in the game there is a lot of contact, not as easy to euro step. A bunch of other stuff too that I can't remember right now.

Trust, when people cry online and complain about the game being too hard, 2K will dumb it down. Trust. :smh:

i think it just feel weird playing the same game over, as long as euro3 cheese is gone and the defense is improved i like it, im not too hype of the ps4 until maybe next winter, so i need this, plus im interested in
if they make a legit my team, cats was running around with the same teams.

Details man? Is it because it is a new game? That is why it feels weird? Maybe give it some time since you just got it.

Trust, when people cry online and complain about the game being too hard, 2K will dumb it down. Trust. :smh:

DC you need a cape

Sounds like you trying to make everyone reconsider their bad opinions towards the game

Im not trying to bash you but im just trying to say the game can actually be bad

DC you need a cape

Sounds like you trying to make everyone reconsider their bad opinions towards the game

Im not trying to bash you but im just trying to say the game can actually be bad
I just think the game has been in people's hands for 48 hours MAX. I don't think that is enough time to really have an accurate opinion. Let the honeymoon stage to end before nominating this game as this/that. I say the SAME thing to folks that want to claim it as a great game.

I have watched some people play that accuse the game of the 4th quarter comeback bug. I am not denying it is there because I know it is. But there are ways to prevent it online.

1. Slow the game down: It is the 4th quarter. You have to slow the game down significantly. Use most of the shot clock and run plays to get good shots.

2. Turn down your crash board sliders. Why? Because the inverse of that is getting back on defense. People that are down are looking to run, so you have to send your guards back on defense. A lot of people are confused as to what the crash boards coach slider is. It is the way you command your perimeter players to Crash the Offensive Glass (100%) or get back on D (0%).

3. Don't reach/go for stupid blocks. Puts you out of position. I feel like this should be a full game strategy as well.

I just feel we can limit how often this happens. I know folks get a little anxious in the 4th and we continue to play the game as if we are in the 1st quarter. I know the game loves heros and those stupid buzzer beaters but a lot of it is user error. The comebacks that is.
The bug is when it makes the winning team automatically miss good shots with even A ratings. So much more to the game that you don't know because you didn't have the game to experience it. It was one of the worst thing in 2k13. I hope they aren't in there. I'll have my copy tomorrow

@Da_Czar posted some videos on YouTube. His name on YouTube is "Precise40."

Watching him play and watching other people that post videos play is night and day. Really hate seeing non-sim dudes play the game

WHY ARE CENTERS STILL AT THE TOP OF THE KEY????/? DRUMMOND AIN'T TAKING NO 3 POINTERS

Last edited:
WHY ARE CENTERS STILL AT THE TYPE OF THE KEY????/? DRUMMOND AIN'T TAKING NO 3 POINTERS

Ugh i hated this, how on offense is it ever acceptable to have D Cousins spotting up at the 3?

Every year they come with this bull that the AI is smarter yet they make Mistakes AAU players wouldnt make on a bad day

WHY ARE CENTERS STILL AT THE TOP OF THE KEY????/? DRUMMOND AIN'T TAKING NO 3 POINTERS
2K's roster negligance.

Not assigning correct spot up locations for the players in their tendencies. Most game issues can be related back to bad default rosters.

I feel they hold back on a few things to make the next year better. 

Hope there is actually a post game on team up. 

I dont want ot cop but i probably will end up doing it.

pressing the left dpad brings up offensive and defensive strategies (space the floor, attack rim, pressure shooters, protect paint) pretty cool not sure if it was mentioned already. also this can only be done being a pg which sucks. still need to get used to the pro stick smh

pressing the left dpad brings up offensive and defensive strategies (space the floor, attack rim, pressure shooters, protect paint) pretty cool not sure if it was mentioned already. also this can only be done being a pg which sucks. still need to get used to the pro stick smh
That isn't a new feature. The DPAD stuff that is.

What is wrong with the post game. I never play the team up mode.

My boy told me he changed controls he change the right stick controls from default to "iso-motion/shot stick" he said controls go back to how thhey were in 2k13 but you cant throw flashy passes at will

That isn't a new feature. The DPAD stuff that is.

What is wrong with the post game. I never play the team up mode.

Lol nobody feeds the post in team up so if your a bigman the only way your scoring is on cuts to the basket and offensive boards

damn i never knew about the left dpad :lol: thats wild. ru sure its not new? maybe i just never pressed that button in myplayer 2k13

Got mine in.

Game plays MUCH MUCH MUCH smoother. Pretty much all the things I hated about 2k is gone. I can actually BLOCK SHOTS YALL!!! LIKE ITS A BLOCK PARTY. You can actually defend the paint. Shots in the the paint no longer go in as easy.

Also you can't just run around your opponent till you get to the basket(sorry Lebron and Wade spammers)

Rebounds is much much much better I LOVE IT. DEFENSE CAN BE PLAYED!!!!!! YOU CAN ACTUALLY PLAY FLUID DEFENSE. The game lets you actually run on fast break fairly, no longer is that invisible force holding you back from running or defending shots(when you control a player, you control EVERY MOVEMENT!!!)

It takes more skill to score, your not just gonna be able to shoot 3s everywhere.

I'm loving it. Its what 2k13 should have been. Some of the controls you gotta learn again, however they move somethings that I like. Like Euro step is like just the RS pointed upwards going towards the basket. Post moves actually work. That up and under mess CAN BE BLOCKED!!!!!!

Man game is much much better and with a patch to fix some of the clumsy animations, it will be a solid 9.5/10. You guys get the game you won't be missing out.

Some of the ratings are off(Patrick Patternson has a 83 for three point rating), but for the most part some things have been updated(Gerald Henderson has a more accurate 3 point rating compared to last year when he was a 58). Man I'm bout to go play for a few hours before class. You guys get this game, you'll enjoy it.

Got mine in.

Game plays MUCH MUCH MUCH smoother. Pretty much all the things I hated about 2k is gone. I can actually BLOCK SHOTS YALL!!! LIKE ITS A BLOCK PARTY. You can actually defend the paint. Shots in the the paint no longer go in as easy.

Also you can't just run around your opponent till you get to the basket(sorry Lebron and Wade spammers)

Rebounds is much much much better I LOVE IT. DEFENSE CAN BE PLAYED!!!!!! YOU CAN ACTUALLY PLAY FLUID DEFENSE. The game lets you actually run on fast break fairly, no longer is that invisible force holding you back from running or defending shots(when you control a player, you control EVERY MOVEMENT!!!)

It takes more skill to score, your not just gonna be able to shoot 3s everywhere.

I'm loving it. Its what 2k13 should have been. Some of the controls you gotta learn again, however they move somethings that I like. Like Euro step is like just the RS pointed upwards going towards the basket. Post moves actually work. That up and under mess CAN BE BLOCKED!!!!!!

Man game is much much better and with a patch to fix some of the clumsy animations, it will be a solid 9.5/10. You guys get the game you won't be missing out.

Some of the ratings are off(Patrick Patternson has a 83 for three point rating), but for the most part some things have been updated(Gerald Henderson has a more accurate 3 point rating compared to last year when he was a 58). Man I'm bout to go play for a few hours before class. You guys get this game, you'll enjoy it.

View media item 597310

Thanks for the thoughts. Leaning towards buying it now.

They should be posting next-gen footage today according to Ronnie2k.

Wait for it. In a week or two when people get used to the game I am sure this won't be the case

Good to hear you like it though. We worked hard for you this year. 8)

Back
Top Bottom