>Official NBA 2K14: Join NTers @ 2K Park IF Next Gen + General Tips/Discussion

You now have to spend your own VC to buy sneakers for your my player for blacktop or whatever. Unless you wanna rock those Air 2K's until 2k15 :lol:

Waiting for that Next-Gen footage 
pimp.gif

No more PS3 games for me.. last game bought was GTA V gonna keep it that way. 

Also I have seen or heard anything new on Live.. is that joint canceled again 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I cant find any option to change the controller scheme at all. Can anyone else with the game confirm?

You set screens by holding B now. Only way to spin is with the right stick.

Alley oop is back to LT + button (its LT + X in this game). Fake pass is X + A now.

Looks like they got rid of the spin dunk, or at least a single fluid animation for it. You now have to manually spin and then manually go up for a dunk after the spin animation. Theres a couple milliseconds delay between those two animations.

I've only played a single quick match and training camp though.

i switched the right analog from default to isomotion/shot. feels better now. before it would randomly shoot the ball

also you cant call plays unless youre a pg, they better patch that shiii

Is the defense response quicker? It felt like players were wearing bricks going to contest a jump shot and the fact that they avoid a foul in the process of the block was horrid in '13

Is the defense response quicker? It felt like players were wearing bricks going to contest a jump shot and the fact that they avoid a foul in the process of the block was horrid in '13

I only played one game but I was disappointed in some stuff I saw

The CPU sags off a lot on shooters, it looked like it was even worse than 2k13. I had to switch to the player and quickly crowd the ball handler to prevent a 3 going up. It was becoming less of a problem as the game went on, mainly because I made it a habit to push up a little bit every time I switched players.

Other than that the players seem to have a harder time changing direction. It doesnt happen as fast as it did in 2k13. I guess it is more realistic, just something I have to get used to. But in this game, if someone blows by you, just hope that you have help waiting cus you wont make it in time to meet them at the basket.

I only played one game but I was disappointed in some stuff I saw

The CPU sags off a lot on shooters, it looked like it was even worse than 2k13. I had to switch to the player and quickly crowd the ball handler to prevent a 3 going up. It was becoming less of a problem as the game went on, mainly because I made it a habit to push up a little bit every time I switched players.

Other than that the players seem to have a harder time changing direction. It doesnt happen as fast as it did in 2k13. I guess it is more realistic, just something I have to get used to. But in this game, if someone blows by you, just hope that you have help waiting cus you wont make it in time to meet them at the basket.
1. You have to factor in who is doing the sagging and who they are sagging off of. If it is Kirk Hinrich checking Westbrook, I would understand why he sags off. I know you said shooters but it seemed like you were talking about on-ball situations.

Of course if it is a SHOOTER (Korver, Casey Jacobson, Kapono, Larry Bird), then you should be denying them the ball in your defensive matchups screen. OFF Ball = Deny. And on ball = Tight. I am sure you knew this though.

2. Players having a harder time changing direction is a great thing. Always down for realism. Blow-bys SHOULD result in you praying that help defense is there to save a potential easy basket.

3. Again, I don't understand why ANYONE is speaking about getting Live when they have shown NOTHING for the last 3 years. I don't understand. You dudes that want to buy Live sound like girls that are attached to their first lovers.

1. You have to factor in who is doing the sagging and who they are sagging off of. If it is Kirk Hinrich checking Westbrook, I would understand why he sags off. I know you said shooters but it seemed like you were talking about on-ball situations.

Of course if it is a SHOOTER (Korver, Casey Jacobson, Kapono, Larry Bird), then you should be denying them the ball in your defensive matchups screen. OFF Ball = Deny. And on ball = Tight. I am sure you knew this though.

The reason it was a bit unsettling was because it was Shumpert that was sagging off of J. Rich

J Rich had 2 or 3 great looks because when I switched to Shump I was a body length away. Had to be sure to instantly close the distance in the second half but it would be nice if Shump knew better and played him a bit closer on AI alone.

I agree about the other 2 points

Last edited:
The reason it was a bit unsettling was because it was Shumpert that was sagging off of J. Rich

J Rich had 2 or 3 great looks because when I switched to Shump I was a body length away. Had to be sure to instantly close the distance in the second half but it would be nice if Shump knew better and played him a bit closer on AI alone.

I agree about the other 2 points
Well if this is a CONSISTENT problem, then it is a game issue. Defensive mishaps happen in real life. That is how great shooters get open looks. Through the course of a game, chart how often it happens vs. it not happening. Then you can make claims after that.

I just think a lot of times we forget that bad things are supposed to happen. Players aren't ALWAYS supposed to be in correct help position. They aren't ALWAYS supposed to be in the passing lanes even though you told them to deny the ball. Things happen. We need to look at the consistency of these bad things happening before we call things broke.

Hope that makes sense. Not trying to defend 2K but we just have to be fair in our assesments.

doesn't solve online games though
I have watched some people play that accuse the game of the 4th quarter comeback bug. I am not denying it is there because I know it is. But there are ways to prevent it online.

1. Slow the game down: It is the 4th quarter. You have to slow the game down significantly. Use most of the shot clock and run plays to get good shots.

2. Turn down your crash board sliders. Why? Because the inverse of that is getting back on defense. People that are down are looking to run, so you have to send your guards back on defense. A lot of people are confused as to what the crash boards coach slider is. It is the way you command your perimeter players to Crash the Offensive Glass (100%) or get back on D (0%).

3. Don't reach/go for stupid blocks. Puts you out of position. I feel like this should be a full game strategy as well.

I just feel we can limit how often this happens. I know folks get a little anxious in the 4th and we continue to play the game as if we are in the 1st quarter. I know the game loves heros and those stupid buzzer beaters but a lot of it is user error. The comebacks that is.

doesn't solve online games though
I have watched some people play that accuse the game of the 4th quarter comeback bug. I am not denying it is there because I know it is. But there are ways to prevent it online.

1. Slow the game down: It is the 4th quarter. You have to slow the game down significantly. Use most of the shot clock and run plays to get good shots.

2. Turn down your crash board sliders. Why? Because the inverse of that is getting back on defense. People that are down are looking to run, so you have to send your guards back on defense. A lot of people are confused as to what the crash boards coach slider is. It is the way you command your perimeter players to Crash the Offensive Glass (100%) or get back on D (0%).

3. Don't reach/go for stupid blocks. Puts you out of position. I feel like this should be a full game strategy as well.

I just feel we can limit how often this happens. I know folks get a little anxious in the 4th and we continue to play the game as if we are in the 1st quarter. I know the game loves heros and those stupid buzzer beaters but a lot of it is user error. The comebacks that is.

I have slowed the game down, but when dudes are constantly tapping steal and all the sudden my dude can't dribble it doesnt help

When the people you play are spamming the steal button, are you protecting the ball? Pressing Y/Triangle to put your back to the defender? This usually results in reaching calls. Even in 2K's lack of fouls called version of online play.

It is easy to get suckered into that cheesiness online man. I feel you, but it can be done. In the past I have had cheese dudes cuss me out because, "I held the ball like a female dog in the 4th." Watch your passes and when/where you use the dribble.

When the people you play are spamming the steal button, are you protecting the ball? Pressing Y/Triangle to put your back to the defender? This usually results in reaching calls. Even in 2K's lack of fouls called version of online play.

It is easy to get suckered into that cheesiness online man. I feel you, but it can be done. In the past I have had cheese dudes cuss me out because, "I held the ball like a female dog in the 4th." Watch your passes and when/where you use the dribble.

I actually havent done the back to the basket outside of the 3 point line. seems like that would help.
It just sucks when im charlotte and beating a team like NY and then Carmelo turns into a Defensive god

I actually havent done the back to the basket outside of the 3 point line. seems like that would help.
It just sucks when im charlotte and beating a team like NY and then Carmelo turns into a Defensive god
Try it man. That is why it is there. And also, when you CATCH the ball, don't immediately use your dribble. Use your 3X Threat. Make them reach THEN and it will be a foul

Back
Top Bottom