OFFICIAL NBA 2K19 Thread | Available Now

lol @ the convo right now

:pimp: Bounce pass at 0:26 mark

ode to white chocolate

lol

as far as the game...19 is 100000000 times better than 18.

the only cheesy thing about 19 is some of the builds are OP (stretches, pure sharps, pure glass) and the crab walk mechanic that gives you a wide open shot even with a defender on your back..

other than that it's 1000000000 times more rewarding based on skill.

i always find it funny when people randomly make proclamations about what would fix 2k. now it's better play testers who can find the exploits?

they don't even beta test the game...first off.

the early release weekend we pay 40 extra bucks for is the beta.

like....we gonna complain about the same things with 2k every year?

it is what it is. i said this was my last 2k in october (after they nerfed defense)

i'm still playing.

i love the game and competition. nothing compares.

it's just funny everyone spent all last year bashing 18 cause it was so trash....19 comes out and is way better and people say they miss 18.

2k is not hiring more staff to make you guys feel better about defending pure stretches in the park....it just ain't gonna happen bro.

now, as far as park play, in general.

it's on a lower difficulty.

park has always been on all-star.

always.

if the guy you're guarding can green from half court and it takes no skill why aren't you greening from half court?

lol

i'm not saying greening from half court is right or wrong...i'm just saying....either beat them with what you do or change to do what they do....it's easy.

that's a gripe i have with 2k....the "meta" aka exploits people copy from the last person who beat them.

that's why you see 1000000000 pure locks and 1000000000 pure stretches.

nobody has any originality.

lamarcus aldridge (base 11) jumper.....on.....95% of comp players....LOL

now,

when it comes to 2k not being realistic.....it's funny to me.

turn on a thursday night NBA game.

it literally looks like 2k.

madden is the same way. i complain about cheesy animations....then see them on sunday.

it's actually really weird that everyone says 2k is so fake.

like, DC posted the finals clips of mogs blowing layup after layup.

you miss a layup with kyrie you blaming 2k

but he literally threw a whole finals by blowing layups for 5 games.

all that said

i do agree pure sharps/stretches are OP and 2k is slanted toward that arch.

i am a 96 two way play.

when i made a sharp shot PG, i had like 2.3 million fans....2 seasons in....in the finals...MVP....

i played like 23 games with the sharp shot PG.....5 million fans.

LMAOOOO

break defenders ankles, make him fall, spin off help defender, lob off backboard to mo bamba......250 fans

launch a limitless 3 off a screen that's contested but registers as open........late release...it goes in.....2500 fans.

lol

(but then again, look at the NBA. teams are chasing the warriors. the warriors have 3 HoF shooters.....that's the meta or metrics of the current NBA....same with madden....now short passing is OD....because it reflects the actual NFL....lol try short passing on say, madden 16. real jokes. )

also, i did want to give a shout out to whoever brought up the fact that 2k is now operating under the pretense of being a competitive esport title.

now, it's not just beta testing and fixing exploits for the community.

now, they're fighting to balance the game enough to be an accepted/respected esport title.

they kinda have a safety net of partnering directly with the NBA who hosts their league....

a game like, say, rocket league (i'm picking it at random and this may not be the case)

has virtually unlimited leagues in which to compete at the highest "official" level.

rocket league probably sponsors various competing leagues to promote the game....

this is the model epsorts titles typical follow

2k doesn't have to do that because they have the real-life counterpart sponsoring the league completely. (the players and staff are actual NBA employees)

literally no other esport is even remotely similar.

now im rambling at 6:07 am so i'm out.

1. :lol: Man they used to hate when I posted NBA players missing layups after they complained about it happening in 2K.

2. Also, do you notice how much people exaggerate stuff that is happening in the game? LIKE the missed layups. People say they blow WIDE OPEN, layups . I personally have never seen that.

3. Half Court 3's in Park. The Park court is shorter than the NBA ARENA court, no? It looks short

live is even worse.

live is therapy for disgruntled 2k players lol

you know how i know dudes just be emo about sucking at 2k?

people say "IM GOING TO MADDEN" lmaoooooo madden is even worse, every year.

they have a glitch in the game this year where your running back gets tackled, falls forward, rolls to his feet, and keeps running.

LMAO

Live still does graphics/atmosphere/story better. Gameplay (most important) is still light years behind 2k

The need to make live into nba streets and call it a day they’ve got the streetball thing figured out

The nba gameplay still feels weird tho

It’s fun to play tho but if your looking for sim style hoops it’s not the move

lol @ the convo right now

ode to white chocolate

lol

as far as the game...19 is 100000000 times better than 18.

the only cheesy thing about 19 is some of the builds are OP (stretches, pure sharps, pure glass) and the crab walk mechanic that gives you a wide open shot even with a defender on your back..

other than that it's 1000000000 times more rewarding based on skill.

i always find it funny when people randomly make proclamations about what would fix 2k. now it's better play testers who can find the exploits?

they don't even beta test the game...first off.

the early release weekend we pay 40 extra bucks for is the beta.

like....we gonna complain about the same things with 2k every year?

it is what it is. i said this was my last 2k in october (after they nerfed defense)

i'm still playing.

i love the game and competition. nothing compares.

it's just funny everyone spent all last year bashing 18 cause it was so trash....19 comes out and is way better and people say they miss 18.

2k is not hiring more staff to make you guys feel better about defending pure stretches in the park....it just ain't gonna happen bro.

now, as far as park play, in general.

it's on a lower difficulty.

park has always been on all-star.

always.

if the guy you're guarding can green from half court and it takes no skill why aren't you greening from half court?

lol

i'm not saying greening from half court is right or wrong...i'm just saying....either beat them with what you do or change to do what they do....it's easy.

that's a gripe i have with 2k....the "meta" aka exploits people copy from the last person who beat them.

that's why you see 1000000000 pure locks and 1000000000 pure stretches.

nobody has any originality.

lamarcus aldridge (base 11) jumper.....on.....95% of comp players....LOL

now,

when it comes to 2k not being realistic.....it's funny to me.

turn on a thursday night NBA game.

it literally looks like 2k.

madden is the same way. i complain about cheesy animations....then see them on sunday.

it's actually really weird that everyone says 2k is so fake.

like, DC posted the finals clips of mogs blowing layup after layup.

you miss a layup with kyrie you blaming 2k

but he literally threw a whole finals by blowing layups for 5 games.

all that said

i do agree pure sharps/stretches are OP and 2k is slanted toward that arch.

i am a 96 two way play.

when i made a sharp shot PG, i had like 2.3 million fans....2 seasons in....in the finals...MVP....

i played like 23 games with the sharp shot PG.....5 million fans.

LMAOOOO

break defenders ankles, make him fall, spin off help defender, lob off backboard to mo bamba......250 fans

launch a limitless 3 off a screen that's contested but registers as open........late release...it goes in.....2500 fans.

lol

(but then again, look at the NBA. teams are chasing the warriors. the warriors have 3 HoF shooters.....that's the meta or metrics of the current NBA....same with madden....now short passing is OD....because it reflects the actual NFL....lol try short passing on say, madden 16. real jokes. )

also, i did want to give a shout out to whoever brought up the fact that 2k is now operating under the pretense of being a competitive esport title.

now, it's not just beta testing and fixing exploits for the community.

now, they're fighting to balance the game enough to be an accepted/respected esport title.

they kinda have a safety net of partnering directly with the NBA who hosts their league....

a game like, say, rocket league (i'm picking it at random and this may not be the case)

has virtually unlimited leagues in which to compete at the highest "official" level.

rocket league probably sponsors various competing leagues to promote the game....

this is the model epsorts titles typical follow

2k doesn't have to do that because they have the real-life counterpart sponsoring the league completely. (the players and staff are actual NBA employees)

literally no other esport is even remotely similar.

now im rambling at 6:07 am so i'm out.

1. 2k doesn't fly out Youtuber's and "influencer's" every year before the early release launch to play the new game, give feedback and provide the game with free marketing (biggest reason they do it)? Thats what I meant by beta testing. Throw in a couple tickets for "comp" players I feel like you would get more accurate feedback about the game.This is all assuming 2k really cares about the product and not the Youtuber's making clickbaiting videos to get people amped up to cough up that $100 preorder. Let them try out any build they want with max badges, sorta how the combine is set up and get real feedback.

2. I'm a decent player, I play 2k just about everyday. Pro 2 in park with an 80% win percentage, Pro 3 in rec, and my buddies and I have a Pro-am team that is Pro-Silver. I have a sharpshooting play at 95, playmaking sharp at 92 and a sharpshooting point forward at 92. I add shooting in all my builds because it is the biggest advantage in this game after defense. With that being said I still don't like seeing 7 footers green with impunity while fading. You run a playmaker so I'm sure you can agree that it is easier to take the ball from a guard that can dribble such as a shot creator or playmaker than it is to take it from a stretch.

With all that being said I don't lose often to those shooting big men, our squad runs players all 6'10 and over and everyone has defensive stopper to some degree. We switch on screens and press them and win easily. The casual player running with randoms who aren't going to communicate is going to give up 21 pts in a matter of seconds however. So I guess that's a skill gap but with the pushing in the park is it really? Even if you go check the player cards of supposed "stretch bigs" in the NBA NONE of them have limitless range past bronze. The same way a big can't put playmaking primary I don't think they should be able to add shooting to a primary skill. Secondly the same way they can lock certain dunk animations they should lock specific jumpshot bases for players over 6'10.

A stretch has a 3pt shot that is 90+ once you add in badges like catch & shoot they have a 100 if not higher 3pt shot, then lets say he is getting a pass with Dimer that is an EVEN bigger boost. Once you add in Takeover these shooting bigs are pulling with like a 110-115+ 3pt shot. That's why these crazy shot's are going in. It's too many badges and boosts stacking on one another. And if he has a little guard with short arms and no d-stopper guarding him and a there isn't much left but to watch it drop.

In my opinion getting open is skill, knowing when to cut, how to space the floor, run around the screens, and keep your defender off balance is skill. Which a lot of these stretchs don't have but are getting bailed out by ratings and badges.

youtubers and influencers aren't the best audience in which to find top percentile skill exploits, tbh.

proof is the last two years...when they've done that....and everyone says "oh x y and z is different" and it's literally the same.

what you're talking about is basically letting 2kleague players play the game at great length, early...(which i definitely don't agree with)

the game is barely put together by release as is....i'm sure there have been more GBs in updates/patches than the original file.

how long do you think they sit with the finished game? my guess is literally hours....

you gotta understand...for all the crying non-stretches do about stretches...they cry about slashers...or playmakers...or lockdowns...or whatever...

instead of 2k taking everything down a notch to level the builds out....they just keep ramping up the weaker builds until you have an almost arcade-like gameplay....

limitless, as a badge, can be taken out.

that's a non-shooter saying that....

once they take limitless out...now slashers are the new OP build.

next year we'll say 'take relentless out, but keep posterizer"

then shot creators become OP build

"take tireless scorer off..."

now what kinda game are we even playing?

it sucks, but adjust.

you not gonna dominate every opponent every game.

you gonna run into a 98 ovr who doesn't miss....then what? you cry to 2k or niketalk?

bro, imagine how the dudes running into a 96 ovr playmaker feel after the game lol

i PROMISE you they not feeling like "wow i just played a really skilled player......"

i PROMISE you

i wish everything was much more balanced.

i wish everything came down to skill vs skill/IQ vs IQ

i really do

but it doesn't.

it's nearly impossible to guarantee that in an ever-changing COMPETITIVE MMORPG sport sim.

it's impossible.

look how horrible madden is.

LOL

i really like fifa but i hear this year is the worst in a decade...

it's hard to do.

2k does it the best....even with all the criticism.

(baseball doesn't register as a sport to me..but i hear MLB has the absolute BEST presentation...)

more vids.

why dont people play off you? (plus, a back-to-back against an entire team with less than 30 losses)

lol dude i graded out was a 98 overall youtuber two-way slasher. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

we made his whole team quit, then, i fouled him out with 1:16 left (i had 5 fouls too look at the CPU try to flop!)

I love that 2K listens to the community but I also hate it. No one will ever be happy because too many want to cheese rather than actually play and be skilled

Part 1 of the project has been completed and uploaded onto Xbox live
Files are up under the gamertag; Jzel32. Both roster and sliders have been uploaded.

Things edited; Attributes, Tendencies, Badges, Play Types, Vitals, Signature Dunks & Dribbles, and Coach Profiles & POEs to better mimic each team's and players individual style. You'll notice in playing against the old school teams versus the current teams.

HypeDC - MyLeague - Includes 2018-19 Opening Day Rosters and Lineups.

HypeDC - Play Now (Mar) - Includes rosters as of 3/27 and a sample size of classic team edits.Playable Classic Teams;
-'65 Celtics and Lakers, '71 Bucks, '77 Sixers, '98 Jazz, '98 Lakers

Coming Soon
-2019 Draft Class with over 100 of real prospects
-All Classics teams fully edited with missing players from that year's playoff roster!

<b>"The 80's" Classic Team Pack</b> has been completed and uploaded onto Xbox live. Version v3 of the sliders are also uploaded. Files are up under the <b>gamertag; Jzel32</b>. Both roster and sliders have been uploaded.

Things edited; Attributes, Tendencies, Badges, Play Types, Vitals, Signature Dunks & Dribbles, and Coach Profiles & POEs to better mimic each team's and players individual style. You'll notice in playing against the old school teams versus the current teams.

HypeDC - Play Now (Apr) - 1980s Team Pack
-'85 Bucks
-'86 Bulls
-'86 Celtics
-'86 Hawks
-'87 Lakers
-'89 Pistons
-'89 Bulls
-'89 Cavaliers (Formerly '90 Cavaliers)
HypeDC - MyLeague - Includes 2018-19 Opening Day Rosters and Lineups.

Coming Soon
-2019 Draft Class with over 100 real prospects
-All Classics teams fully edited with missing players from that year's playoff roster!

<u>SETTINGS</u> <b>(Revised 4/9/19)</b>
Difficulty Custom
Quarter Length 12 Min
Fatigue On
Injuries On
Game Speed <b>63</b<
Free Throw Difficulty 50

<u>SLIDERS</u> <b>(Revised 4/9/19)</b>
Gamertag Jzel32

<u>CONTROLLER SETTINGS</u>
Shooting Type Real Player %
FT Shooting Type Real Player %

<u>COACH SETTINGS</u>
ACE On

What freelance offenses do yall like to run?

thinking about doing a whole pack of these
I wish I was able to add an additional uniform like a "Black History Month" edition to each team without changing the whole set
7xj84sg.png

hoodies_003_6e70c4c4-6b63-4c3d-9110-68f62dbce9c4_600x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom