**OFFICIAL NBA MOST VALUABLE PLAYER (MVP) THREAD**

I won't deny CP3's stats but Kobe deserves this one.

Have you read the report on his injury? The dude tore the bone from his tendon and is still out there killing teams.

He's been a leader to a team that no one even myself predicted could achieve 1 or 2 in the west.

Without kobe the lakers don't make the playoffs with him they will be 1 or 2 seed in arguably the best western conference ever

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

right now do statlines matter? Paul has his statline lebron has his statline and kobe has his. All spactacular in some way. idk if it that matters right now

Well if it doesn't matter then LeBron is completely out of the discussion, fact of the matter is the East sucks and that's why the Cavs could be considered "contender" where they wouldn't even be in the playoffs in the West. CP3 and Mamba's teams are at the top of the toughest conference in years (CP3 doing WORK with mediocre talent similar to LeBron; Mamba is battling through his own injury and keeping the team close to the top of the standings with injuries to major pieces of the Lakers) so really only 3 people should be mentioned: CP3, Kobe, KG.

then in that case kobe would be out of the discussion looking at all the talent on his team leaving paul. but like i said paul isnt gonna get it cuz the nbawill say sum stuff like he hasnt been in the league long enough.

and ur wrong if it went by statlines lebron would have it. Id take lebrons 31 8 and 7 over pauls 21 11 and 3 or kobes 28 6 5 any day

think about it lebron averaged what kobes averaging now 3 years ago.

think about it lebron averaged what kobes averaging now 3 years ago
congrats, and Kobe averaged what Lebron is averaging now two years ago and won the mv...........wait, no he didnt.

Stats dont mean everything. Kobe also plays much better D than Lebron also and his team doesnt blow. You can say he has Gasol all you want, but Gasol hasplayed less than 20 games and the Lakers were in first before they even got Gasol.

and ur wrong if it went by statlines lebron would have it. Id take lebrons 31 8 and 7 over pauls 21 11 and 3 or kobes 28 6 5 any day
and id take 49-22 over 40-31 anyday.

You can go ahead and say the Cavs suck without Lebron, but they arent very good with him.

and ur wrong if it went by statlines lebron would have it
and you're wrong. If it went by statlines Tmac would have had in in 02, Kobe two years ago, and Charles Barkley would never have one.

MVP =/= player with best stats.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

think about it lebron averaged what kobes averaging now 3 years ago
congrats, and Kobe averaged what Lebron is averaging now two years ago and won the mv...........wait, no he didnt.

Stats dont mean everything. Kobe also plays much better D than Lebron also and his team doesnt blow. You can say he has Gasol all you want, but Gasol has played less than 20 games and the Lakers were in first before they even got Gasol.

You can go ahead and say the Cavs suck without Lebron, but they arent very good with him.

and ur wrong if it went by statlines lebron would have it
and you're wrong. If it went by statlines Tmac would have had in in 02, Kobe two years ago, and Charles Barkley would never have one.

MVP =/= player with best stats.
Neither Tracy or Kobe did what LeBron is doing. Dont make me post the stats (which you failed to do in your arguement)

Define what MVP is. Please.

Stats dont mean everything
thats what ive been saying.. i said IF they did

You can say he has Gasol all you want, but Gasol has played less than 20 games and the Lakers were in first before they even got Gasol.
when they didnt have him they werent a top 5 seed. when they got him is when they went to the 1,2 seed so im gonna say he has gasol as much as iwant. Gasol matters.

we were talking about if stats mattered no crap id take the better record. but then gasol should get it then if they became the 1 seed when he goton the team

good enough to make it to the championship with him on the team. are odds against him yes. can he do it no doubt. look at last year
once again im saying stats shouldnt matter im saying if they did. and if they dont then lebron should got it 2 years ago when he was second behindnash in voting. T-mac was never and MVP he was a scorer which sould get him the scoring title. same goes with kobe. 2 years ago.
although i think kobes doing alot more for the team this year but then again his team is amazing

when they didnt have him they werent a top 5 seed. when they got him is when they went to the 1,2 seed so im gonna say he has gasol as much as i want. Gasol matters.
no, before they got Gasol they were sitting at a number one seed. Bynum went down, then they pulled the trigger on the Gasol trade.

we were talking about if stats mattered no crap id take the better record. but then gasol should get it then if they became the 1 seed when he got on the team
once again, they regained the one seed after he came, but at one point they were a number one seed before he came.

good enough to make it to the championship with him on the team. are odds against him yes. can he do it no doubt. look at last year
i believe the MVP award is for THIS SEASON, and right now the cavs have the 13th best record in the league.
Neither Tracy or Kobe did what LeBron is doing. Dont make me post the stats (which you failed to do in your arguement)
here, look up this statistical season and see what you wont find (ill give you a hint it is an MVP award you wont find)

PPG 37.1, Reb. 5.2, Assts. 4.6 Steals 2.88

Define what MVP is. Please
not Lebron James.

no, before they got Gasol they were sitting at a number one seed. Bynum went down, then they pulled the trigger on the Gasol trade.once again, they regained the one seed after he came, but at one point they were a number one seed before he came.
Idk where to find standing from the past by ik ur wrong. The frickin trail blazers were top 5 the hornets were always top 5. the suns were upthere and the mavs. the lakers were a 6,7 seed before gasol and im positive for that.

and tonight lebron will show why chris paul wont be MVP
wink.gif

J0E HUSTLE:
The most valuable player to the NBA.

For me, that person is Kobe Bryant.

Given his team's success, his individual statline, and the positive effect he has on the league (THIS YEAR, folks; the MVP trophy is not for your entirecareer), I have to go with Kobe.

I think LeBron is the league's most important player, but like I mentioned when started the thread, his team's record bounces him out considerationfor me.

Garnett and Paul are on great teams, but I don't think they are as valuable to the league as Kobe is. Go to a random basketball court anywhere in thecountry, and just count how many times you hear people mention that they going to Kobe on their defender, they were fire like Kobe, they're nasty likeKobe... or just any non-negative reference to Kobe. Now count the same for Paul or Garnett.

Kobe will be ahead by miles.

"Wait, so you want Kobe to be the MVP because some dudes at a pickup game mention his name?
roll.gif
"

No.

So chill with that before you type it, and comprehend the point I was trying to make.
wink.gif

no, before they got Gasol they were sitting at a number one seed. Bynum went down, then they pulled the trigger on the Gasol trade.once again, they regained the one seed after he came, but at one point they were a number one seed before he came.
Idk where to find standing from the past by ik ur wrong. The frickin trail blazers were top 5 the hornets were always top 5. the suns were up there and the mavs. the lakers were a 6,7 seed before gasol and im positive for that.

wink.gif

No. You are wrong the Lakers acquired Gasol on Feb. 1st but he didn't play until the NJ game on the 5th. The Lakers were 30-16 at that time in theWest, Spurs were 29-16,Hornets were 32-15, Blazers were 27-20, the Suns were 34-14, and the Mavs were 29-15; so before Pau had ever suited up for the Lakers,they were 2nd or 3rd in the West so it sounds like someone tying to downgrade what Kobe has done the entire season. Bron meanwhile has had his team 10 gamesover .500 once the entire season. If LeBron is sooooo good, why is his team so mediocre? Paul and Kobe have elevated the play of their team the entire seasonand have lifted them to the top of the conference, LeBron has not.

I don't buy the "cp3 is playing with garbage" argument

Who on the cavs or lakers is capable of putting up 35 a night like David west can? Not to mention Peja, Chandler, Pargo, and all those other guys. That rosteris better than the CAvs and better than the current injured lakers squad. The lakers have n ot had Pau or Bynum for most of the season and the Hornets havebeen relatively healthy all season long. Despite the injuries Kobe has kept the Lakers at the top for a long time
pimp.gif

My bad Dallas was 32-15 at that time. The Lakers were still one of the top 4 teams in the West, NOT a 6 or 7 seed as you so profoundly stated with suchconviction.

I think this is Kobe's year to get it, otherwise he would get robbed, especially if the Lakers end up finishing with the top seed. CP3 and LeBron haveslight cases for it (moreso CP3) but given Kobe didn't get in past years where he maybe should have, I think he'll get it.

The whole "Kobe has help so he's not the MVP" argument is LAUGHABLE
laugh.gif
. The man dominated the league by himself for the past 3 years, leadingthe Lakers to the playoffs, while being the scoring leader & they didn't give it to him because they said the Lakers record wasn't good enough blahblah. They gave it to Nash twice, then Dirk. Nash had Amare, Marion, Bell, Barbosa, Diaw, etc. Dirk had Howard, Harris, Terry, Stackhouse. The point is youneed help to be a succesful leader, Kobe finally gets the help he needs to reach a MVP level & people are saying that's the reason he's NOT theMVP? Give me a break, the man's playing w/ torn ligaments in his finger, w/ our 2nd & 3rd best players out & were still only percentage points outof 1st place of the most competitive conference race in years. Give credit where its due. Lebrons doing noting but what Kobe was doing for last few years,balling out of his mind, but still playing on a mediocre team, if he gets it this year, the MVP award will be a joke. I mean how can you change the criteriafor the award so suddenly, if all you had to do was individually play incredible, then Kobe should have atleast 2 trophies already. Mamba for MVP.

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

The reason why Kobe should win MVP is cuz no one can stop the man. Seriously.

The same could be said for a # of players in the L right now

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

J0E HUSTLE:
The most valuable player to the NBA.

For me, that person is Kobe Bryant.

Given his team's success, his individual statline, and the positive effect he has on the league (THIS YEAR, folks; the MVP trophy is not for your entire career), I have to go with Kobe.

I think LeBron is the league's most important player, but like I mentioned when started the thread, his team's record bounces him out consideration for me.

Garnett and Paul are on great teams, but I don't think they are as valuable to the league as Kobe is. Go to a random basketball court anywhere in the country, and just count how many times you hear people mention that they going to Kobe on their defender, they were fire like Kobe, they're nasty like Kobe... or just any non-negative reference to Kobe. Now count the same for Paul or Garnett.

Kobe will be ahead by miles.

"Wait, so you want Kobe to be the MVP because some dudes at a pickup game mention his name?
roll.gif
"

No.

So chill with that before you type it, and comprehend the point I was trying to make.
wink.gif

i think thats just a disclaimer cuz you realised how dumb your 'point' sounds after you keyed that *+%$
smh.gif
laugh.gif

dude aint the most valuable player to the NBA at all....

^ I think that's a disclaimer because you realized that you thought exactly what I was addressing, meaning that your thought process is too shallow toactually have gotten my point.

Assumption: the game EVERYONE can play!
smokin.gif

Go back and get the point.

Actually, you gave it a shot once and missed, so let me give you a hand (read: let me tell you, since comprehension seems to be a little faulty with you rightnow): he is the most recognized, emulated, respected figure on an elite team in an NBA. Chris Paul and Garnett are on elite teams, but when people talk aboutbeing 'THE BEST', WAY more people have Kobe in mind than garnett or Paul. MANY have LeBron in mind, but he's not an elite team.

Kobe Bryant is this years MVP, but I honestly think the writers who vote will try and give it to someone else, for some other reason. He has done everythinganyone has asked him to do, score, facilitate, defend, and most importantly LEAD....We shouldnt forget he still has a torn ligament in his pinky ( shows hisheart)

KG plays in the east, along with two all-stars. While they've played stellar against Western Conference teams, its not a battle every night. And theceltics seemed to play OK without him, not saying there as good w/o him but they're still a playoff team.

Cp3 has been ballin out of his mind, in my opinion he is second in MVP voting. Kobe gets the edge cuz he has to defend the best gaurd/ small forward night inand night out.

Lebron seriously SHOULD not finish in the top 3 voting this year. While his stats are amazing, his overall team record is not good enough, and he plays in areally really weak eastern conference. If Kobe the last 3 years didnt finish second for getting those bums in the playoffs Lebron shouldnt be in the top 3.Stats are not and should not be everything

People should stop hating on Kobe and realize he has come full circle as a basketball player and deserves the MVP trophy

Also I think in the CBA for 2010 they should change voting for MVP to Coaches instead of the AP. I dont even know if they can do that.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Idk where to find standing from the past by ik ur wrong. The frickin trail blazers were top 5 the hornets were always top 5. the suns were up there and the mavs. the lakers were a 6,7 seed before gasol and im positive for that.

wink.gif

No. You are wrong the Lakers acquired Gasol on Feb. 1st but he didn't play until the NJ game on the 5th. The Lakers were 30-16 at that time in the West, Spurs were 29-16,Hornets were 32-15, Blazers were 27-20, the Suns were 34-14, and the Mavs were 29-15; so before Pau had ever suited up for the Lakers, they were 2nd or 3rd in the West so it sounds like someone tying to downgrade what Kobe has done the entire season. Bron meanwhile has had his team 10 games over .500 once the entire season. If LeBron is sooooo good, why is his team so mediocre? Paul and Kobe have elevated the play of their team the entire season and have lifted them to the top of the conference, LeBron has not.

too bad LBJ lost....thumbs down
laugh.gif

wink.gif
Well, at least LeBron set the record tonight for the youngest Cleveland Cavaliers player to shoot over 43% from the field in 7 straight games inMarch before April Fools day!
pimp.gif

Another record for LeBron
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom