Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tweets
2h Earl K. Sneed Earl K. Sneed ‏@EKS_MavsNBA

Cuban just compared the Nash-Howard acquisitions for the Lakers to the Payton-Malone additions. "And it didn't work."

Tweets
2h Earl K. Sneed Earl K. Sneed ‏@EKS_MavsNBA
Cuban just compared the Nash-Howard acquisitions for the Lakers to the Payton-Malone additions. "And it didn't work."

Sometimes Cuban can be smart, but other times he sounds incredibly stupid when talking about the NBA. Lakers acquired 2 (albeit soon-to-be) former stars in 04, did the same in '12. What else is similar? Nash doesn't play anything like GP, Kobe, Karl, Shaq or anyone else on that team, for one... He should know that of all people.

It's like comparing the '11 draft with the last time Cleveland picked a future star with the #1 pick. "And it didn't work."

Last edited:
A good amount of people here say there are no positions in the new NBA so bosh being center is just a sign of the times. It wouldn't matter unless they play the lakers and even then Dwight doesn't scare me on offense in the 4th quarter of a tight game

Assuming it's the same template, no color change can save those jerseys.

940x.jpg

8111.png

mayo6flag.png

:pimp:

Cavs got a new yellow uniform being worn on opening day.

I like
pimp.gif
Nice.
pimp.gif

Is it just a color swappng of their road uni or a completely different design.

One of the many reasons I look forward to a new NBA season is to see which teams get new uniforms.

Mark Cuban trying to hide his failed attempt at getting his own Big 3 again. When things don't go his way, he says something to downgrade what someone else did.. Like saying it'd be harder to win a title with DWill :lol:

The supporting cast for 03-04 Lakers: Devan George, Rick Fox, Slava Medvedenko, Kareem Rush, Derek Fisher, Brian Cook, Horace Grant, Byron Russell, Luke Walton

12-13: Metta World Peace, Jordan Hill, Antwan Jamison, Jodie Meeks, Devin Ebanks, Steve Blake, Chris Duhon

2012 team is miles ahead of that 03-04 team..

Last edited:
Mark Cuban trying to hide his failed attempt at getting his own Big 3 again. When things don't go his way, he says something to downgrade what someone else did.. Like saying it'd be harder to win a title with DWill :lol:
The supporting cast for 03-04 Lakers: Devan George, Rick Fox, Slava Medvedenko, Kareem Rush, Derek Fisher, Brian Cook, Horace Grant, Byron Russell, Luke Walton
12-13: Metta World Peace, Jordan Hill, Antwan Jamison, Jodie Meeks, Devin Ebanks, Steve Blake, Chris Duhon
2012 team is miles ahead of that 03-04 team..

So la should have no problem making the NBA finals this year than right? :rolleyes

I hate cuban but i agree with him.

I didnt know OJ sign with dallas.

Last edited:
A good amount of people here say there are no positions in the new NBA so bosh being center is just a sign of the times. It wouldn't matter unless they play the lakers and even then Dwight doesn't scare me on offense in the 4th quarter of a tight game

I could've sworn LBJ said he was not interested in playing the 4 full time.

Playing Bosh at center isn't a huge deal but playing LBJ/Battier at PF consistently could be a problem. It worked well against the Pacers (David West), Celtics (Brandon Bass) and the Thunder (Ibaka/Perk) - I'd be interested in seeing small ball full-time. There are a bunch of teams with better PFs out there and bigger front-lines. I just don't see smallball working against Pau and Dwight. Zbo/Gasol. Dirk/Kaman. Love/Pekovic. anyone/Bynum. Teams with good big guys.

More importantly, are LBJ/Battier going to be able to handle banging around with PFs all season long? Should be interesting to watch since Lebron at PF and Bosh at C causes major major issues on offense (for the other team) since the floor is so spread for Bron to do work.

lebron also said he doesn't want to be a point guard. He says a lot of things. If they tell him to play 4 he will play 4

So la should have no problem making the NBA finals this year than right? :rolleyes
I hate cuban but i agree with him.
I didnt know OJ sign with dallas.

That would be great for him.

He could have been a really good young player in a really talented, but young, team.

I didn't get to listen to the Le Batard and Van Gundys podcast that I posted earlier until now. So much :lol:.

I didn't get to listen to the Le Batard and Van Gundys podcast that I posted earlier until now. So much :lol:.

Haven't listened yet, and perhaps it's mentioned in it, but is Stan Van gonna do any TV work this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom