Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd trust the cohesion of the Nets big 3 over Melo/Stat/JR any day of the week.
Agreed. Joe Johnson has the tools and assets to be a complimentary player, a legitimate #2 option on any squad. Brook needs to rebound better, but Hump and Crash can compensate while covering his weakness on the boards. Lopez needs to get more physical and stronger in the paint. Brooklyn's bench is also filling out rather nicely. Teletovic, Tyshawn, MarShon, Watson, James, Evans, Bogans.

I'm rather confident the Nets finish above the Knicks in the East, and I'm not usually a guy to buy into the "hype." I see through the media and public exposure. I believe the Nets can be real and figure in the top-4 with Miami, Boston, and Indiana.

Some people not giving Nets as much credit as they deserve...

I think their bench isn't as good as people here are trying to push.. But their Starting 5 is good enough to get at least Top 5 Seed Easily

I'm rather confident the Nets finish above the Knicks in the East, and I'm not usually a guy to buy into the "hype." I see through the media and public exposure. I believe the Nets can be real and figure in the top-4 with Miami, Boston, and Indiana.

Which means what? They can win a round, and be done. Right?

Is that not what I said already and people flippin out on me? :lol:

I didn't say the Nets were an 8 seed swept in the first round. I think they are just the same as the Hawks, win a round, good bye. *shrugs*

I didn't say the Nets were an 8 seed swept in the first round. I think they are just the same as the Hawks, win a round, good bye. *shrugs*
I wouldn't be shocked with proper cohesion, if the Brooklyn Nets beat anyone in a playoff series in the East outside of Miami and maybe Boston. I could very well foresee them winning more than one playoff series with the new refreshing energy and hype surrounding the city of Brooklyn.

Miami
Indiana
Boston
New Jersey
Chicago
Philadelphia
New York
Washington

OKC
LA Lakers
San Antonio
LA Clippers
Memphis
Denver
Utah
Minnesota

I'd trust the cohesion of the Nets big 3 over Melo/Stat/JR any day of the week.
the nets are a brand new team with a bunch of guys throwing on the team but yall think they will work from day 1 but dont trust the knicks? i dont understand that

i may hate the knicks but some of yall give them little to zero credit

Miami
Indiana
Boston
New Jersey
Chicago
Philadelphia
New York
Washington

Look at that right there. The Nets would have to beat the Bulls (which is possible with HC and an injured Rose) then beat the Heat. :lol:

One and done, just as I said I expect, and dudes lined up to run off on me. I guess I need to start talkin Finals and **** for them to get a clue.

The Nets are a marginal playoff team, win a series, go fishing. Same as Atlanta has been the last 5 years. Why is that so hard to believe or understand?

Now, if they met Indy in the second round, ok, now we're talkin, they could get the edge there, so could the Hawks, or the Bron Cavs. But once they face a real solid team, it's over. I'm not betting on Joe, Brook, Karsashian, Crash, etc. Deron is the only guy I would have faith in on that roster come big time, big balls playoff time.

:rofl: at JR being our big 3

I was throwin JR in as a joke, but folks seem to like it. I mentioned a few pages back that I like the guy for some dumb reason, so I tossed him in with Melo and Stat, they seem to have missed my point. :lol:

But to be clear, I would have more fear in a Melo/Stat + cast than Deron/Joe + cast. Melo and Stat are scarier if they play it right than Deron and Joe would be.

If we remove the fire extinguishers of course. :lol:

I think they flipped on you cause you said Joe Johnson was a #2 in ATL

****, my man Osh said he was a #3 under Smith and Horford, the hell they mad at me for? :lol: :rofl:

I always thought Smith was the best player on the Hawks. Johnson was just paid like it.

Danny Granger looks like the best Pacer, but he ain't. That's Hibbert. People bout to flip out on me for that one too? :lol:

the only reason why I think the Knicks can work it out and finish top 3 is because:

-I highly doubt Amare can get any worse from last year
-Amare in the post alot more now is a HUGE beneficial factor to the rest of the team
-much deeper team
-an actual PG (actually 3 of em)
-one of the best back up Cs (age is not a factor he'll still grab is 8+ rebounds and get 1.5 blocks)
-full training camp
-everyone is motivated to prove people wrong (Felton, Melo, Amare, etc)

Although I do think that Nets roster compliment each other nicely, I dont think they have the ceiling the Knicks have.

the nets are a brand new team with a bunch of guys throwing on the team but yall think they will work from day 1 but dont trust the knicks? i dont understand that

Logic is non-existent when people want a certain outcome to happen. It's pitiful.

Why should I trust the Knicks? Have they done enough in your eyes to prove that they are more contender than pretender? They got issues up the ***.

Same ol tune in here with ppl thinking the Nets are gonna have a great first year in BK while the Knicks are predicted to struggle.

Logic is non-existent when people want a certain outcome to happen. It's pitiful.

So a badly assembled roster is going to work if you give it time? How much time do the Knicks need? It's been 1.5 seasons since Amare/Melo have teamed up and they're barely hovering over .500 (if even) during that time period. Their best stretch was when Lin was running the show and now he's gone.

On the other hand, the Nets have a team with no egos, with a clear cut franchise PG who can play on or off the ball, a SG willing to embrace being the #2 option who can also play on or off the ball, a SF who doesn't need touches and plays defense, a PF who gets double-doubles without touches, and a C who can score in the post and shoot if left open.

I'm not saying the Nets are the team to beat in the East but from Day 1 - the team should be pretty damn good. The pieces fit. The Knicks haven't proved much except that Melo and Amare have trouble co-existing. They have talent but let's not act like their "track record" puts them above the Nets, because their track record is a 7 or 8 seed even when healthy.

Why should I trust the Knicks? Have they done enough in your eyes to prove that they are more contender than pretender? They got issues up the ***.

Same oh story from every Knicks fan.

"everyone hates us"

Knicks will never be more than what they are now. 1st round playoff team.

the only reason why I think the Knicks can work it out and finish top 3 is because:

-Amare in the post alot more now is a HUGE beneficial factor to the rest of the team
-much deeper team
-one of the best back up Cs (age is not a factor he'll still grab is 8+ rebounds and get 1.5 blocks)
-full training camp

Although I do think that Nets roster compliment each other nicely, I dont think they have the ceiling the Knicks have.

stop using camp as an excuse...

-much deeper team
-full training camp

stop using camp as an excuse...
This will be the Kings and Keith Smart's first full training camp. It'll be huge for Tyreke, DMC, Thornton, Chuck Wagon, Jimmer, Brooks, Throb, Zeke..... Look out league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom