Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm perfectly okay with the Knicks living in NJ. Problems I have with their current squad is Felton being overweight and Kidd completely past his prime. The championship run with Dallas was every ounce of elite basketball J. Kidd have left in his aging body. I'm not saying he lost his court vision or can't make on-the-money passes, but all other elements of his game are slowly fading. Amar'e is nowhere near the player he was in his prime. He still doesn't rebound or defend well enough for a PF. Knees are a major side concern. This time rides and dies with Melo.

As of the few lifelong Nets fans here on NT, I think I speak for JB23 and VC3 and others by saying we want a competitive again. All this one and done stuff, a helluva lot better than where we were in the past few seasons.

Getting to the second round? Where do we sign up? :nerd:

I can just feel the lame dudes screencapping everyone saying the Nets are better than___ lol. Waking up everyday hoping it's Nov. 1. Get a life.

As a Knick fan I'm not going to bug out and cry that other NBA fans are predicting the Knicks to struggle or that the Nets may end up with a better record.

In all honesty Amare and Melo have not shown us by any significant margin that they can even hover above .500 or play off each other. Knicks have made some great off-season moves but by no means is any team going to suddenly become a championship contender because of Jason Kidd or Raymond Felton. Amare and Melo need to work, that's the most important thing on offense.

As for people saying the Nets will have a better record - by all means, they could. They have an all-star PG, it's going to take a lot less time for the Nets to start clicking than the Knicks. Deron Williams is an orchestrator, he took the Jazz deep every year with Carlos Boozer in a tough western conference. I'd have more faith in an All-Star PG than Melo or Stat figuring it out in the beginning. Look at the Clippers with Chris Paul, They got out to the races quick. I don't doubt Deron Williams will have the same capability.

Reactions: mmg
Give the Knicks about 5 more training camps together to gel and I think they just might have something there.

As a Knick fan I'm not going to bug out and cry that other NBA fans are predicting the Knicks to struggle or that the Nets may end up with a better record.
In all honesty Amare and Melo have not shown us by any significant margin that they can even hover above .500 or play off each other. Knicks have made some great off-season moves but by no means is any team going to suddenly become a championship contender because of Jason Kidd or Raymond Felton. Amare and Melo need to work, that's the most important thing on offense.
As for people saying the Nets will have a better record - by all means, they could. They have an all-star PG, it's going to take a lot less time for the Nets to start clicking than the Knicks. Deron Williams is an orchestrator, he took the Jazz deep every year with Carlos Boozer in a tough western conference. I'd have more faith in an All-Star PG than Melo or Stat figuring it out in the beginning. Look at the Clippers with Chris Paul, They got out to the races quick. I don't doubt Deron Williams will have the same capability.

good god, repped for having common sense.

Why should I trust the Knicks? Have they done enough in your eyes to prove that they are more contender than pretender? They got issues up the ***.
and how can you trust the nets? they just put that team togther and some of yall have them as a top 3-4 team in the east. joe johnson ant that good.

come on DJ the bulls with out drose for the 1st half of the season and an avg 76ers team is not better then the knicks.

Why should I trust the Knicks? Have they done enough in your eyes to prove that they are more contender than pretender? They got issues up the ***.

and how can you trust the nets? they just put that team togther and some of yall have them as a top 3-4 team in the east. joe johnson ant that good.

come on DJ the bulls with out drose for the 1st half of the season and an avg 76ers team is not better then the knicks.

since Joe Johnson came to the Hawks they have been a playoff team every season. Hes a winner regardless of what some of you think. You really think hes gonna do bad playing #2 next DERON WILLIAMS? :rofl:

yup and that was all because of joe johnson they made the playoffs.........................

i never said the nets wouldnt make the playoffs to get 3rd or 4th seed they would have to win almost 25-30 more games then they did the last 2 years. joe johnson does that?

EDIT:

they missed the playoffs his 1st 2 years In ATL, they didnt start making the playoffs still they got horford

Last edited:

I said I trust the cohesion of the Nets more so than what I do of the "big 3" on the Knicks. A 4 seed is not out of the question seeing how that there is a big falloff from teams behind the Heat, C's, and Pacers.

Anyways...

Bulls were something like 18-9 w/o Rose. I don't see why they can't play close this season to a 2/1 W-L ratio and be better than NY.

The addition of Bynum (assuming he can stay healthy) is HUGE. 2nd best 5 in the NBA coming to a playoff team. His presence alone makes them better.

I'll say this about the Knicks. On paper they have one of the most talented teams in the NBA. No denying it. However, they have a ton of problems up and down the roster. I think their run towards the end of last year was nothing more than an aberration due to being in the honeymoon phase w. Woodson. We'll see what this team is made of over the course of 82 games. They are definitely a playoff team, but I don't see them being any better than a 5 seed at best. Personally, I have them 7, because it remains to be seen how committed guys like Melo/STAT are to taking their games AND teams to the next level. Melo flat out quit on D'Antoni, and who is to say he wont do the same this year?

Bulls were something like 18-9 w/o Rose. I don't see why they can't play close this season to a 2/1 W-L ratio and be better than NY.

Now this is the **** thats just unexplainable to me. I understand the hate, but this strong.

Kirk Hinrich - Richard Hamilton - Deng - Boozer - Noah is not going anywhere. LMFAO at a top 5 seed. No coach is making this team a playoff team without Rose. Rose easily adds 20 wins.

They went 18-9 without Rose and thats legit right? Yet the Knicks went 18-6 under Woodson and thats a fluke.

Last edited:
Now this is the **** thats just unexplainable to me. I understand the hate, but this strong.
Kirk Hinrich - Richard Hamilton - Deng - Boozer - Noah is not going anywhere. LMFAO at a top 5 seed. No coach is making this team a playoff team without Rose. Rose easily adds 20 wins.

So, explain the 18-9 record w/o him....

I will bet anything with anyone on this board that says the Bulls are in the playoffs this year. It's still the EC and they still will play elite defense and compete each night.

So, explain the 18-9 record w/o him....

They had one of the better benches in the league.

Watson, Brewer, Korver, Gibson, Asik.

They lost 4 of those guys. That's going to be HUGE. Add the shaky health of Kirk, Rip, Noah and Boozer - expectations shouldn't be high for the Bulls.

They had one of the better benches in the league.
Watson, Brewer, Korver, Gibson, Asik.
They lost 4 of those guys. That's going to be HUGE. Add the shaky health of Kirk, Rip, Noah and Boozer - expectations shouldn't be high for the Bulls.
Very well represented point that I align with completely. Their bench mob got cleaned out and picked apart clean by the vultures in FA. D. Rose is obviously the centerpiece there's other missing pieces to the puzzle. Boozer's contract is awful. Deng is very, very good but soon going to be expendable IMO.

i got 50 saythe bullsmake playoffs this year. it sounds crazy that a coach with a 75% winning percentage can't win half his games. rose will be back in time to push them over finish line

$50 anyone?

As long as they don't suffer anymore injuries, at the worst they'll be a few games under .500 when Rose gets back.

They still rebound & play better D than almost every team in the league. They'll be in the playoffs

I think the two larger questions are when D. Rose actually comes back and does Chicago win one playoff series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom