Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif
 if New Orleans ends up with 5 2012 NBA draftees in one summer

Joe Johnson definitely works better as a solid role player imo. Similar to a James Harden. He doesn't have what it takes to carry a team.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by PMatic

@hornets247 Was just told that Houston is putting together an offer for Gordon S&T that centers around K.Martin and young players. Will allow Hornets to
@hornets247 choose any 2-3 of the following if they are interested: Patterson, Lamb, White, Montiejunas, T.Jones. Doubt Hornets say yes, but they do
@hornets247 like Martin. Either way, teams r going to go after Gordon and the Hornets will not get a discount this summer. Will have to pay max or close

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

eek.gif
What is Morey thinking man?
tired.gif

I'm thinking that they are just trying to get a superstar stud. They've been wanting one since Yao went down and T Mac got hurt and old.
EJ has that potential right
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Hornets HAVE TO take that deal if true
eek.gif
. So i guess Austin Rivers really is going to play point
grin.gif

K. Martin + combination of Lamb/Patterson/Jones/White

yup.. man, the rockets are giving up alot

i know some of his family and they've told me that dude doesn't want to be in NO.. and that he's going try push his way to indiana

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Joe might be going to the Nets wow.

after he signed that big deal i thought atlanta would never be able to get rid of him. dudes like 30 now and getting the super max contract deal
laugh.gif
. if atlanta can package him and marvin for lopez + others i'd be happy, even though lopez doesn't rebound well...

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Rashard Lewis being amnestied intrigues me. He averaged 7ppg last yr on career lows across the board (24& 3, 39%fg), but he is still a career 39% 3pt shooter and 46% from the field. Was he just sandbagging because he was unhappy? He shot 40% from 3 playing in Orlando, 35% as recently as 2 seasons ago. I wonder if he wants to go home to Houston, if not, we got a bench roster spot open for you in OKC I think. We buy out Cook, he becomes a bigger, better version, not to mention with him and KD tutoring PJ3, no way dude doesn't reach his full potential. His comparative upsides would basically be right there on his team.
He was waived not amnestied.

@$+% im bout to join the hornets bandwagon, quick someone give me a sig....

Why are you guys freaking out over a deal where you trade a top 4 SG at worst who is only 23 for Kevin Martin and a couple late lottery picks? Really? That's the deal you HAVE to jump on. The Hornets would be crazy to do that. You win with top tier talent in this league. Eric Gordon is proven to be an efficient 20+ ppg scorer who plays good defense. Kevin Martin is falling off HARD and those lottery picks might be nothing. Gordon is only 2-3 years older than those guys too.

Yes, Gordon will be slightly overpaid. He's a restricted FA - he's young and he plays a position that the league is really weak in. If you're afraid to overpay a really good young player by 2-3 million a year, you won't sign anyone. Houston knows what they're doing with this deal. The Hornets wouldn't be smart to take it.

There is no thing as an "untradeable contract" if Danny Ferry finds a way to unload Joe Johnson.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

So which young players should they take off the rockets?

lamb and white definitely..

maybe try montiejunas since he's a center

but man, i would take that deal in a heartbeat if i'm running NO

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Mo is a PF, and he's coming over this season. Definitely any two of these three, if this is real. I just can't see it being real, unless Scola is involved somehow. Rockets are giving up way too much.

Originally Posted by mgrand15

Why are you guys freaking out over a deal where you trade a top 4 SG at worst who is only 23 for Kevin Martin and a couple late lottery picks? Really? That's the deal you HAVE to jump on. The Hornets would be crazy to do that. You win with top tier talent in this league. Eric Gordon is proven to be an efficient 20+ ppg scorer who plays good defense. Kevin Martin is falling off HARD and those lottery picks might be nothing. Gordon is only 2-3 years older than those guys too.

Yes, Gordon will be slightly overpaid. He's a restricted FA - he's young and he plays a position that the league is really weak in. If you're afraid to overpay a really good young player by 2-3 million a year, you won't sign anyone. Houston knows what they're doing with this deal. The Hornets wouldn't be smart to take it.
Good point but all indications are (and it's been this way since he was traded there) that Gordon doesn't want to play for NO. He's not worth a max contract, at least not yet, so the Houston deal seems like a good solution to that situation.
Originally Posted by Essential1

If hornets take that deal they deserved to be contracted.

EG at $13mil for 4 years (most he can get) > Kevin Martin's $12mil contract year.

No possible way Hornets go over luxury tax. And also if they did wouldn't be for a couple years and it'd take 4 luxury tax seasons to be a repeat offender.

Very bad trade for the Hornets
Of COURSE you'd think it's a bad deal for the Hornets.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
That deal > 24590863059834 illogical trade scenarios you come up with in every sport.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Mo is a PF, and he's coming over this season. Definitely any two of these three, if this is real. I just can't see it being real, unless Scola is involved somehow. Rockets are giving up way too much.

jesus how many PFs do you guys have?!?

Joe for Brooks and Lopez then turn around and flip Lopez + Horford for Dwight...come on Danny you played it safe in Draft start Free Agency off with a bang.
pimp.gif

It's basically Gordon for Lamb & White since Martin is expiring.

I don't like it since it forces Rivers to the 1 and he can't play that.

um, I do not think Brooks or Lopez would be involved in the deal. I think the Nets would take on the salary from the hawks and the hawks would end up with Farmar,Morrow,picks etc.

I think the Nets giving up Lopez for him is not happening especially if the hawks get rid of that contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom