Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's exactly what cleansneaks said.. You're either building to beat OKC or you're spinning your wheels...

Deron does that for the Mavs. That plan continues through next offseason, as just Deron doesn't put them over that hump.

No Deron, you're basically sitting in a position where you've got to rebuild. What San Antonio has continually been able to build around Duncan is amazing, but fact is it's a rare exception that a guy stays in one place his whole career. No Deron means you're burning another year on nothing for Dirk, and I think the Mavs owe him more than that.

As far as Dragic... I like him. But he's not a guy you spend long-term money on if you're the Mavs right now...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

BucEm
laugh.gif
He's flat out wrong about everything all the time.

If Deron stays in Brooklyn the Mavs basically turn to Nash or the trade market... You're a brain dead moron if you think they'll blow cap space and commit themselves long-term to building around Dragic and Lou Williams. They're not run by morons.

This plan falls through, you stay the course and don't sacrifice cap space on marginal players.

The reason I asked, was because if Kidd leaves, obviously let Terry walk, too. Decline the team option on VC or bring him back. Or try to trade him, but he's really not making much, so what can they really trade him for. Keeping the amnesty to use on Haywood is the ace in the hole, obviously. Just seems like there's not even enough bodies as is, and they could go the low salary players route to fill out the roster and maintain cap space, but then it just seems to me they're wasting Dirk's tail end of his career. Tricky situation.

Grizz looking at Ray Allen and Andre Miller. Grant Hill supposedly willing to take a paycut to sign with Miami. Rockets meeting with Omer Asik tonight, in other news around the league.

To me, if you don't get Deron, you've almost got no choice..

You're never going to get better doing what they did this year. You're floating in no-man's land...

If Deron re-signs in Brooklyn, Dwight needs up there one way or another (probably trade during the season)... He's going where Deron goes. You look at the rest of the FA crop next year and that's not a batch of players that you can build a championship team around late-career Dirk with...

It's either trade market or bust at that point and I think we've seen in the past that having cap space on the trade market gets you nowhere.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Grizz looking at Ray Allen and Andre Miller. Grant Hill supposedly willing to take a paycut to sign with Miami. Rockets meeting with Omer Asik tonight, in other news around the league.

Grizz also targeting Randy Foye (don't really want) and Kirk Hinrich.
pimp.gif
 Heisley looking to go a little over the tax 

ummmm.. what's going on with derrick wiliams?

i thought dude was half decent when he was given time.. how is a statement like this possible:

Kurt Helin

I'm not sure why the Lakers are so hesitant to pull the trigger on a Beasley trade, he would add some definite firepower to that team

How are the Mavs going to get better assets to compete with the Thunder by using the trade market when they don't have %%!% that any other team wants? If they don't get Deron and Dwight they need to seriously think about doing a complete rebuild.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

How are the Mavs going to get better assets to compete with the Thunder by using the trade market when they don't have %%!% that any other team wants? If they don't get Deron and Dwight they need to seriously think about doing a complete rebuild.

this, they gonna have to blow up that team.......or whats left of it....

Originally Posted by solarius49

I'm not sure why the Lakers are so hesitant to pull the trigger on a Beasley trade, he would add some definite firepower to that team
Cause he's a lazy pothead...
The pau trade would have to include Derrick, Pekovic and JJ Berea(just for the hilarity to be with Bynum) and then maybe Beasley
roll.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Originally Posted by solarius49

Cause he's a lazy pothead...
The pau trade would have to include Derrick, Pekovic and JJ Berea(just for the hilarity to be with Bynum) and then maybe Beasley
roll.gif

Yeah no

I don't understand why Pek is not tradeable, from here on out Pau is a C and he'll be next to Love for the next 3 yrs .... Pek is a young big but I mean he's not freakin Sabonis or anything
30t6p3b.gif

Pekovic is awesome, they don't even need to make that deal for Gasol. Trade Derrick Williams for Iguodala, that's the type of player they need there.

Farmar had a change of heart ( more like his agent said idiot, your not getting 4.25 mil next season. Wait for a long term deal). Should be interesting in the nets backcourt

Wolves Decline Qualifying Offers To Beasley, Randolph Jun 30, 2012 7:41 PM EDT

The Wolves have announced that Michael Beasley and Anthony Randolph will not receive qualifying offers.

Beasley and Randolph were once considered two of the more talented players from the 2008 NBA Draft, but have failed to meet expectations while with Minnesota.

Beasley was traded to the Wolves by the Heat in order to create additional cap space in 2010.

The Raptors offering Nash a 2 year contract, 24 mil. WHY?! Nothing but scrubs on that team. Don't wanna see Nash rot in Toronto.

Originally Posted by JDiddy

Rashard Lewis just got bought out.  Wouldn't mind him in Phoenix 
glasses.gif
Are you serious?

When I think who wants Rashard Lewis on their team I assumed the answer is nobody.

Even though he can't play, I'm an Anthony Randolph fan. Potential steal on the right team and he fixes his attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom