Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
no PG in the league can put up some of the #s that Rondo puts up. For a PG to pick apart top teams and zig zag through their defense so effortlessly and still put up ridiculous #s while having a average jumpshot says something. I think he's easily a top 2 PG.
As far as him lacking an offensive game, if you didnt see HUGE improvements in his jumpshot this year, stop watching basketball.

Rondo's Top 2? He's not even Top 3. If he can gain some consistency offensively i can entertain that, but not now.

edit: Top 10 is little drastic :lol:

Last edited:
I think Rondo is the 2nd best PG in the league behind Chris Paul.

Speaking of PGs...Jon Barry said that Russell Westbrook is the most athletic PG in NBA history. Any truth to that?

Speaking of PGs...Jon Barry said that Russell Westbrook is the most athletic PG in NBA history. Any truth to that?

Really? No Dwill ? I'd take Dwill before CP3 I'm all honestly

so Rondo is better than DWill and Rose (even with his injury) now?

and i can buy Westbrook being the most pure athlete at the point alltime.

Courtney Lee gets a four year-$21.5 million contract from the Celtics.

Creative signing given the limited resources they had.

I think Rondo facilitates an offense better than Rose. No PG in the NBA scores better than Rose, but I think there are guys in the league who do a better job in running a team. That being said Deron Williams has been flat out CHUCKING since he joined the NEts. Yes, I realize he's a product of who he has around him but still...let's see what he does this year with a much better supporting cast. I can't put him ahead of either Rondo or Rose JUST because he was the goods in Utah. THings don't work like that. He's a net, and that's what I'm judging him off of.

Rondo is basically Nash with defense and without the jumper, and the jumper is getting better.

And Rose is/was just slightly more athletic than Russ.

Truth

Point guard, who's main responsibilities is facilitating the ball, not scoring. Which Rondo is better than CP3 at. Only reason I'd give CP3 the 1 spot is because he's much better defensively.

but if I was starting a team, I'd want Rondo as my starting PG.

Last edited:
you can't just judge dwill based on the nets. he was balling on the jazz, and running a nice PNR offense with boozer.

with that said, chris paul made any big man he played with instantly better just because of his talent alone. i don't think rondo has the offensive arsenal of any of those other guards but if he steadily improves his shot, he could take the top spot

you can't just judge dwill based on the nets. he was balling on the jazz, and running a nice PNR offense with boozer.
with that said, chris paul made any big man he played with instantly better just because of his talent alone. i don't think rondo has the offensive arsenal of any of those other guards but if he steadily improves his shot, he could take the top spot

Why can't I judge D-Will based off of his time with the Nets? I'm not going to rank someone based off of what they were 1.5 years ago. He's on a new team and in a new environment. He's not a top-3 PG, IMO, right now. Things always change, but I'm going to hold him to the same standard as everyone else.

Steve Francis?

"If we get everybody back healthy, with Ricky back healthy, if Roy comes in healthy, and if we can get off to a good start, we're going to be good. But we really have to add as many as pieces as we possibly can, veteran guys," he said. "There was some bad blood in that locker room we were able to get out of there and smooth things out. That should help us out going forward."

Asked to elaborate, Love responded: "Just what I said. We had bad blood in the locker room. We got that out."
Link

Only reason I'd give CP3 the 1 spot is because he's much better defensively.

No he isn't. The reason CP3 is better overall is because he's an elite shooter and Rondo despite his improvement is still well below average.

Haven't been in the thread for a minute so apologize if posted.

Via uniwatch:

Uni Watch News Ticker: “I saw the Spring 2013 Adidas NBA Catalog and there are some new on-court offerings,” says Chris Blackstone. “There are new jerseys for Christmas Day and for home weekend games during the second half of season, called the Winter Court jerseys. They’re monochrome like the all-black Miami uniforms from the past couple years, but in team colors. Also, there are Hardwood Classic jerseys for Indiana (home from 1997-98 through 2004-05), Milwaukee (late ’90s), Chicago (mid-’90s alternate), Atlanta (late-’90s road), Miami (late-’90s alternate), Sacramento (mid-’90s alternate), Phoenix (1990s alternate), Philly (early-’90s road), Cleveland (mid-’90s road), Toronto (late-’90ss home), Houston (late-’90s road), and Utah (late-’90s road).”

^gotta be talking about the Beas :lol:

I remember watching an old segment on the Twolves. The players were huddled up and Rambis asked them if they were working as hard as they could. Beaslooked like he was about to speak up but before he could Love jumps in with "I think we could work harder". The look on Beasley's face was priceless:lol:. Like "wha--wait hold on...no wait.. ****!! We were almost outta here"

Why can't I judge D-Will based off of his time with the Nets? I'm not going to rank someone based off of what they were 1.5 years ago. He's on a new team and in a new environment. He's not a top-3 PG, IMO, right now. Things always change, but I'm going to hold him to the same standard as everyone else.

well to be fair the top PGs had contending teams to put effort forth with them, Williams was essentially solo dolo on the Nets

No he isn't. The reason CP3 is better overall is because he's an elite shooter and Rondo despite his improvement is still well below average.

at the core and true definition of a PG is having court vision and being a great passer. SG and SF do the shooting. Your PG being a good shooter is just a plus

Rondo can run a team and pass better than CP3 which is what being a PG is about. and besides, Rondo has the ability to score as he shows in the playoffs when the rest of his team isn't. He focuses on getting the rest involved. Without a doubt he could average 15-18pts for a season if he chose to do so.

and although it's not backed by "proof", Rondo has more heart and tougher than CP3

If Dre Miller could get double digit assists with the Cavs or Nash with last year's Suns....there's no excuse for D Will

at the core and true definition of a PG is having court vision and being a great passer. SG and SF do the shooting. Your PG being a good shooter is just a plus
Rondo can run a team and pass better than CP3 which is what being a PG is about. and besides, Rondo has the ability to score as he shows in the playoffs when the rest of his team isn't. He focuses on getting the rest involved. Without a doubt he could average 15-18pts for a season if he chose to do so.
and although it's not backed by "proof", Rondo has more heart and tougher than CP3
:lol:

well to be fair the top PGs had contending teams to put effort forth with them, Williams was essentially solo dolo on the Nets

Their individual stats from last season were eerily similar. Even if we are judging Williams from his time w/ NJ...I don't know how you can definitively say one is better than the other. Again...just basing that on last season.

As for the top scoring comment...Westbrook put up more than the both of them at higher percentage last season. Granted Rose was hurt off and on...I think it as this point...Westbrook is capable of doing anything Rose is offensively which would have sounded silly 2-3 years ago.

Last edited:
I wouldn't complain with Paul, Rose, Rondo, Russ or Deron. They are all incredible, each in different ways. And the league is damn lucky to have them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom