OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Lay off of Paxson. The way Tyrus is playing, I don't want to really want to trade him along with 3 other players. Someone mentioned it earlier, the Grizzlies gave away Gasol for scraps, and here are the Suns wanting half the team and a 1st round pick.....helllll no.

Gooden, Thomas, top ten protected pick.....done
I agree about giving away the whole frontline for STAT...but my thing is, I doubt that Pax would be able to swing a deal for scraps and I see theBulls giving away 3 players to make it work, so I won't mind him trading TT, Gooden, Simmons and a 1st Round pick for STAT...hell I even said that in theBulls Off-season thread and got laughed at because Amare was supposedly "untouchable"

Kerr is going to get rid of him either this year or next...if Pax fails then some other team is gonna luck up on a deal.

[h2]Bobcats Want To Keep Felton?[/h2]
cha_40.gif
Michael Jordan admitted ina conference call on Tuesday that the Bobcats aren't looking to trade guard Raymond Felton, but they won't hesitate if the right deal comesalong.

"No decision has been made. A lot of (teams) have called about Raymond. Our intention is to try to maintain our relationship withRaymond," Jordan said. "I'm not saying we're searching for a trade. But if things happen, a deal that makes sense ... I don't wantRaymond to think I'm trying to trade him or whatever. But we've had some conversations, based on teams coming to us about him.

"I'd like to think that Raymond is going to be here and we can come to an agreement over the summer about extending him. But I'mnot going to say 100 percent that it's going to happen.

"Right now, if you ask me where Raymond is going to be, I'm looking to extend Raymond at the end of the season."

Via Charlotte Observer

Charlotte Bobcats

Readthe Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Teams Want Knicks' 2010 1st Rounder From Utah[/h2]
uta_40.gif
With the trade deadline aweek away, teams are calling the Jazz to ask them for the draft pick that will be conveyed to them unprotected in the 2010 draft by the Knicks.

"People that I talk to," Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor said, "wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't askabout it."

There are currently no proposals on the table that involve the pick and it is unclear if other teams value it as much as the Jazzdo.

Via Deseret News

Utah Jazz, New York Knicks

Readthe Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets
[h2]NBA's Largest TPE HelpingBulls In Trade Talks[/h2]

NBA's Largest TPE Helping Bulls In Trade Talks

chi_40.gif
Phoenix is now focused onEastern Conference teams in their attempt to find the best package possible for Amar'e Stoudemire.

The Bulls remain a serious contender due to Drew Gooden's expiring contract and Larry Hughes' expiring deal next season, plus thelargest expiring trade exception in the league ($5.2 million).

But Miami is the latest team to emerge as a serious landing spot for Stoudemire, a person with direct knowledge of the talks said Wednesdaynight.

Via CBSSports.com

Chicago Bulls, Phoenix Suns, Miami Heat

Readthe Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

Im telling you if the Bulls trade Ty Thomas it will be the biggest mistake since not drafting Tmac for one extra title.
If Ty goes in a trade for a guy who doesnt resign with the Bulls I will never forgive anybody involved. Amar'e aint going to like Bulls management anyway,cause they are going to see that he isnt a plus player, then regret they traded Ty. I dont think Ty will ever average 26 a game, but he can hit 20- 10 plusplay good D, where as Amar'e is damaged goods.

[h1]Notebook: Grizzlies brass veto Stoudemire offer[/h1]
By Ronald Tillery (Contact), Memphis Commercial Appeal
Thursday, February 12, 2009

PHILADELPHIA - Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley acknowledged his recent involvement in trade discussions regarding All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire and said he rejected the Phoenix Suns' proposal.

"We had conversations," Heisley said Wednesday, confirming a Yahoo Sports report that Phoenix owner Robert Sarver initiated contact with Memphis. "But there is no deal on the table. I think they'll go somewhere else."

Mark Duncan / Associated Press

Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire is on the trading block, and Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley said he's had talks with the Suns' ownership but rejected an offer the team made.

[h6]STORY TOOLS[/h6] [h6]
related_story.gif
RELATED STORIES
[/h6] [h6]
related_link.gif
Related Links
[/h6] [h6]
related_story.gif
More Memphis Grizzlies
[/h6] [h6]
icon_go.png
Share and Enjoy
[?][/h6]
http://www.newsvine.com/_...ver=2&popoff=1&u='+encodeURIComponent(u)+'&h='+encodeURIComponent(h)+'&s='+encodeURIComponent(sel),'newsvine','toolbar=no,width=590,height=600,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes'));">
icon_newsvine.gif
http://digg.com/submit?phase=2&url='+encodeURIComponent(document.location.href)+' '">
icon_digg.png
[size=3][img]http://web.commercialappeal.com/static/images/mca/icons/icon_furl.gif[/img][/size] http://l.yimg.com/ds/orion/1.0.0/img/badge-logo.png) no-repeat left top; LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 16px; CURSOR: hand; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0px; HEIGHT: 16px">

Heisley didn't discuss specifics about the talks, only saying that he spoke with Sarver twice and the Suns were firm in their requirements for dealing Stoudemire.

Apparently, moving Stoudemire within the Western Conference isn't a factor, and a player agent with reliable trade information contended that Phoenix's asking price isn't cheap.

The Suns are said to have asked the Griz to consummate a deal that included forwards Rudy Gay and Hakim Warrick, and point guard Mike Conley.

Reached by phone while on a scouting mission in Texas, Griz general manager Chris Wallace declined to talk specifically about potential trades.

"All I can tell you is that we don't have anything imminent on any front at this point," Wallace said.

Wallace, though, also had discussions with Suns general manager Steve Kerr while the Griz were being courted. Conventional wisdom suggests that Memphis was more interested in using its salary-cap space to provide Phoenix with financial relief.

Reportedly, Chicago, Golden State, Portland and Sacramento are among the teams aggressively pursuing Stoudemire.

While it appears the Grizzlies' chances of acquiring Stoudemire have reached slim to none, they may still be involved in more than cursory discussions on another front.

Several NBA insiders asserted that Phoenix and Miami would like Memphis to facilitate a deal that would send Stoudemire to South Beach. One scenario has the Griz possibly acquiring Heat rookie forward Michael Beasley in the three-way transaction.

The NBA trade deadline is Feb.19.

Hak, Gay and Conley for Amare?
eyes.gif
That'stwo of our starters a productive 6th man for Stoudemire. Whatever happen to them wanting picks? I wonder how would the scenario look to get Beasley. I'mthinking Haslem and Rudy to Phoenix, Beasley and Cook to Memphis, Stoudemire to Miami. I would do that deal if Cook comes to Memphis as well.

That's the kicker , someone in the Bulls org needs to sit down with Stat and see how he feels about re-signing with Chicago. No way in hell Paxson trades 4players only to see Amare walk after 30 games.......no way.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

[h1]Notebook: Grizzlies brass veto Stoudemire offer[/h1]
By Ronald Tillery (Contact), Memphis Commercial Appeal
Thursday, February 12, 2009

PHILADELPHIA - Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley acknowledged his recent involvement in trade discussions regarding All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire and said he rejected the Phoenix Suns' proposal.

"We had conversations," Heisley said Wednesday, confirming a Yahoo Sports report that Phoenix owner Robert Sarver initiated contact with Memphis. "But there is no deal on the table. I think they'll go somewhere else."

Mark Duncan / Associated Press

Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire is on the trading block, and Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley said he's had talks with the Suns' ownership but rejected an offer the team made.

[h6]STORY TOOLS[/h6] [h6]
related_story.gif
RELATED STORIES
[/h6] [h6]
related_link.gif
Related Links
[/h6] [h6]
related_story.gif
More Memphis Grizzlies
[/h6] [h6]
icon_go.png
Share and Enjoy
[?][/h6]
http://www.newsvine.com/_...ver=2&popoff=1&u='+encodeURIComponent(u)+'&h='+encodeURIComponent(h)+'&s='+encodeURIComponent(sel),'newsvine','toolbar=no,width=590,height=600,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes'));">
icon_newsvine.gif
http://digg.com/submit?phase=2&url='+encodeURIComponent(document.location.href)+' '">
icon_digg.png
[size=3][img]http://web.commercialappeal.com/static/images/mca/icons/icon_furl.gif[/img][/size] http://l.yimg.com/ds/orion/1.0.0/img/badge-logo.png) no-repeat left top; LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 16px; CURSOR: hand; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0px; HEIGHT: 16px">

Heisley didn't discuss specifics about the talks, only saying that he spoke with Sarver twice and the Suns were firm in their requirements for dealing Stoudemire.

Apparently, moving Stoudemire within the Western Conference isn't a factor, and a player agent with reliable trade information contended that Phoenix's asking price isn't cheap.

The Suns are said to have asked the Griz to consummate a deal that included forwards Rudy Gay and Hakim Warrick, and point guard Mike Conley.

Reached by phone while on a scouting mission in Texas, Griz general manager Chris Wallace declined to talk specifically about potential trades.

"All I can tell you is that we don't have anything imminent on any front at this point," Wallace said.

Wallace, though, also had discussions with Suns general manager Steve Kerr while the Griz were being courted. Conventional wisdom suggests that Memphis was more interested in using its salary-cap space to provide Phoenix with financial relief.

Reportedly, Chicago, Golden State, Portland and Sacramento are among the teams aggressively pursuing Stoudemire.

While it appears the Grizzlies' chances of acquiring Stoudemire have reached slim to none, they may still be involved in more than cursory discussions on another front.

Several NBA insiders asserted that Phoenix and Miami would like Memphis to facilitate a deal that would send Stoudemire to South Beach. One scenario has the Griz possibly acquiring Heat rookie forward Michael Beasley in the three-way transaction.

The NBA trade deadline is Feb.19.

Riles, do NOT trade beasley just yet. Call Toronto and close the deal for JO already

I rather take the JO deal than the Stoudemire deal.
indifferent.gif

and the three way trade doesn't really look good for the Grizz, Suns, and Heat anyway

i swear, the suns are the "lowballing" team. trying to OVER hype amare then he already hes
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That's the kicker , someone in the Bulls org needs to sit down with Stat and see how he feels about re-signing with Chicago. No way in hell Paxson trades 4 players only to see Amare walk after 30 games.......no way.
yup, Pax has some things to work out hopefully he makes the right moves. I've really been respecting Tyrus these last couple of games, dudehas been showing up.

Originally Posted by jmause3

That's the kicker , someone in the Bulls org needs to sit down with Stat and see how he feels about re-signing with Chicago. No way in hell Paxson trades 4 players only to see Amare walk after 30 games.......no way.
yup.

laugh.gif
So you think that hell have a sit down with the bulls and say "Yeah ill be interested in an extension with you guys", and NOT change his mindnext summer? Get Real

Originally Posted by yungmatt

yup.

laugh.gif
So you think that hell have a sit down with the bulls and say "Yeah ill be interested in an extension with you guys", and NOT change his mind next summer? Get Real
Yeah, you're right, no argument here, but he has to gauge Amare's interest somehow. Paxson cannot go blindly into this.

I think Amare will test F Agency anyway, so thats why I'm against giving up so much to get him.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

yup.

laugh.gif
So you think that hell have a sit down with the bulls and say "Yeah ill be interested in an extension with you guys", and NOT change his mind next summer? Get Real
Yeah, you're right, no argument here, but he has to gauge Amare's interest somehow. Paxson cannot go blindly into this.

I think Amare will test F Agency anyway, so thats why I'm against giving up so much to get him.
You have a valid point though and I honestly can't see Amare resigning with the Bulls, unless they throw him some crazy money that hecan't refuse. John Paxson needs to do somethin though because this team is only good for fightin for the 8th playoff spot.

was anybody in dallas listening to k104 earlier when they said the dallas mavericks were talking to the suns about trading J-Ho and Brandon Bass and someoneelse for Stoudemire? Dirk+Amare+Kidd+Terry
pimp.gif

Call me impatient but I just want some deals to go down already. People keep on talking, but this year has been damn slow as far as trades go.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Dirk and Amare in the same front court...

They'd get MAULED defensively... But good lord they'd be a nightmare to defend...

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Call me impatient but I just want some deals to go down already. People keep on talking, but this year has been damn slow as far as trades go.

The suns asking Memphis for what they did does not surprise me.

Kerr asked thorn for harris in any deal involving Stat but is willing to continue discussions with the nets over the YI/Anderson package as well. We justdon't have big enough expiring contracts.

Right now they're expecting way too much for Amare. I don't think he's worth Rudy Gay straight up just because of Rudy's youth and potential.

Back
Top Bottom