OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Right now they're expecting way too much for Amare. I don't think he's worth Rudy Gay straight up just because of Rudy's youth and potential.
Serious? Rudy Gay will be a good player in the NBA, but straight up?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Not that it works out financially, but I would trade Rudy for Amar'e in a second.

O.J. and Amar'e > O.J. and Rudy.
Yeah, I think the proposed deal that was rejected included Conley Jr. and Warrick.

That would totally gut that team,
laugh.gif

New Orleans Hornets Coach Byron Scott said chances are slim for the Hornets to make a trade deal before the Feb. 19 deadline. However, trade rumors persist the team is shopping starting center Tyson Chandler.
"I understand what he's going through hearing all this stuff,'' Scott said. "I will pretty much tell him my take on all this stuff. The bottom line is to don't worry about all that stuff and just let your basketball do all the talking. It is something that affects you and your family when you start hearing stuff like that. He's been in the league long enough that he's experienced it and can handle it pretty well.''
http:// Chandler has been rumored in deals involving the Miami Heat and Detroit Pistons. Chandler is expected to miss his 12th consecutive game tonight when the Hornets play the defending champion Boston Celtics.
tired.gif

[h2]Dallas Talks Carter Trade With Nets[/h2]
Carter_Vince_njn_090128.jpg

Feb 12, 2009 11:32 PM EST

dal_40.gif
The Nets and Mavericks have discussed atrade that would send Vince Carter to Dallas, a league source familiar with the discussions said Thursday night.

The proposed deal, which isn't imminent, would send Carter, Keyon Dooling and Eduardo Najera to the Mavericks for Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse.

The San Antonio Spurs are also pursuing Carter and have discussed a proposal that would include Roger Mason, Bruce Bowen and Fabricio Oberto.

For the Nets, dealing Carter would be a financial move.

ViaYahoo!

Dallas Mavericks, New JerseyNets

Read the FullStory Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

I still hold to my guns and say if we trade vince, even with the 8th seed a possibility for this team, we have had a successful year. we were not suppose tohave this many wins at this point of the season.

Howard and Stack are gone after next year. Dallas has to deal with VC, Dooling, and Eddie for almost four years to each contract (I know Eddie and Dooling havecheap buyouts but VC does not have one)

Howard is averaging 18 a game and would be back with DH but Kidd wanted out partly due to VC. Also, why would the Mavs be dumb enough to take all that moneyback when they want to be players in the Lebron a thon in 2010?

Carter will not be the answer to get them past San Antonio, Lakers, etc etc.

How does trading Howard for Carter make the Mavericks a better basketball team? *shrugs*

^LOL

We are their Minor league system.

I just do not get why they would take on all that money.

They have a better Keyon even though he is hurt right now and Najera's Contract is pretty bad IMO.

VC does not make them better. Thorn would destroyed though if he did that spurs trade. This one, money wise and future wise, I like it on our end but Dallaswill be cursing us again when VC and JKIDD can't play well together.

YoungTriz wrote:
heat 23... got any news on the heat? any word on J.O????
No but I'm w/you on wanting J.O . Especially because Amar'e/Bosh would cost Beas and maybe D.Cook (I'd rather keep Trix if we had totrade Beas and D.C.)

Heats make something happen
7d645bb91cc2f010956c0ac9ff1a7341.gif

G-Warfare, It's coming brother!

The Suns are said to have asked the Griz to consummate a deal that included forwards Rudy Gay and Hakim Warrick, and point guard Mike Conley.

indifferent.gif
No way

Ship Josh Howard the %#+* out.

With that said, we've had one too many losses like this where Dirk just doesn't have enough support, Josh Howard has GOT to go, get us a reliablesecond scorer, I don't care if that means sending out Kidd, or Bass, or whoever, just leave me Wright, Dirk, and JET, and I'll be fine. I'll settlefor AI or Zach Randolph, I really don't care, just get Josh Howard off this team. You've outstayed your welcome, douchbag.

Raptors Still Shopping O'Neal; Trio Unavailable
tor_40.gif
Raptorsgeneral manager Bryan Colangelo is still shopping center Jermaine O'Neal, but doesn't appear willing to deal Chris Bosh, Andrea Bargnani or JoseCalderon.

Colangelo is expected to seek out Miami representatives over the All-Star Weekend in an attempt to rekindle theO'Neal-for-Shawn Marion talks.

Toronto has the expiring contracts of Joey Graham and Anthony Parker to use in trades, but isn't likely to sacrificelong-term financial flexibility in order to improve this season.

Via Toronto Star

Toronto Raptors, Miami Heat

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Rockets And Cavs Also Interested InCarter[/h2]
Carter_Vince_njn_081213.jpg

Feb 13, 2009 11:19 AM EST

njn_40.gif
The Spurs, Rockets, Mavericks andCavaliers are among the teams interested in Vince Carter.

One trade scenario has Carter going to Houston in a package that includes Ron Artest's expiring contract. Dallas has dangled Jerry Stackhouse and parts,but unless one part is Josh Howard it makes little sense for New Jersey.

"We set out a business plan a year ago and we're going to build with our young players," Vandeweghe said. "The one thing we won't dois sort of go for Band Aid fixes that compromise our long-term plans or for that matter hurt the development of your young players. I think that's amistake.

"If we can do something to improve our team within our game plan and business plan we're definitely going to do it."

Via BergenRecord

New Jersey Nets

Read the FullStory Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

Don't do anything stupid Jersey
smh.gif

All these trade rumors around VC don't help us out on the court. Maybe cap wise, but all these players I hear getting back in a deal, wouldn't help usout all that much. We're still in playoff contention, I think if any of these deals are made, it'll make it a lot more difficult to make the playoffs,if make them at all.

Still wondering where JO will end up... & I still wanna see Amare go somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom