OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Originally Posted by belle155

i honestly dont know if i want him anyways. i dont watch too many suns games but i hear he doesnt play D. the cavs focus is D. he isnt very big either. we need a big guy who will help on odom, gasol, and bynum.

im talkin finals if you didnt catch that

he plays no d ...and I doubt he would be happy playing 3rd to Bron and Mo

Amare's lack of defense has been established but he would not be the third option on the Cavs, that would be Mo Williams (despite being an AS this year).

If Amare doesn't want to play with Lebron as the 2nd option then he needs to get the @%%+ out of the NBA. I swear to God players like that are the @%$+%$!downfall of the NBA. Does he not care about winning a Goddamn ring? @%$+%$! pansy.

i dont watch heat games that much, but chalmers shows that hes got talent. interesting...

chalmers is playing really good ball.... most likely chalmers will stay the starter and they will bring a veteran pg to back him up instead of quinn..
quinn/blount/wright/diawara?? they can trade blount/quinn/diawara.... it doesnt matter to me....

chalmers/????
wade/cook
jones/moon
haslem/beasley
J.O./maglorie

Originally Posted by BangDak

i dont watch heat games that much, but chalmers shows that hes got talent. interesting...
Since we just traded banks, it would be for a back-up PG. Rio's ballin and will stay the starter

yeah that was what i was thinking. i see these heat players checking, and im like, oh god these guys are horrendous. quinn can get a pass from me though, heaint that bad. really interested to see how beasley can do with more minutes now.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

If Amare doesn't want to play with Lebron as the 2nd option then he needs to get the @%%+ out of the NBA. I swear to God players like that are the @%$+%$! downfall of the NBA. Does he not care about winning a Goddamn ring? @%$+%$! pansy.
word to Larry Hughes

Someone earlier said on some program that the Heat may be favorites in the East now...

..I may not disagree with them. As much as I hate the Heat, I love JO more, and I'd love to see him get a ring, even if it means D-Phony-Wade gettinganother before Dirk.

Miami the favorites? LMAO. JO has been playing better lately but with his inability to stay healthy I would hardly call Miami the favorites. Boston andCleveland are better and possibly Orlando.

Nets Offered Carter For Marion

Feb 13, 2009 11:53 PM EST

The Nets attempted and failed in a last ditch effort to acquire Shawn Marion from the Heat and are now focused on working on a trade with the Spurs.

New Jersey offered Vince Carter and an expiring contract for Marion with the presumed intention to re-sign him, but were refuted.

The Nets have spoken with several teams in regards to Carter's value and the most likely trade would send Carter to San Antonio for Roger Mason, GeorgeHill, Fabrico Oberto and Bruce Bowen.

They would likely waive both Bowen and Oberto, along with a third player currently on their roster.

http://realgm.net/src_wir...ffered_carter_for_marion/

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Nets Offered Carter For Marion

Feb 13, 2009 11:53 PM EST

The Nets attempted and failed in a last ditch effort to acquire Shawn Marion from the Heat and are now focused on working on a trade with the Spurs.

New Jersey offered Vince Carter and an expiring contract for Marion with the presumed intention to re-sign him, but were refuted.

The Nets have spoken with several teams in regards to Carter's value and the most likely trade would send Carter to San Antonio for Roger Mason, George Hill, Fabrico Oberto and Bruce Bowen.

They would likely waive both Bowen and Oberto, along with a third player currently on their roster.

http://realgm.net/src_wiretap_archives/57231/20090213/nets_offered_carter_for_marion/http://realgm.net/src_wir...ffered_carter_for_marion/
bowen and oberto would go straight back to san antonio..

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

Miami the favorites? LMAO. JO has been playing better lately but with his inability to stay healthy I would hardly call Miami the favorites. Boston and Cleveland are better and possibly Orlando.
A healthy JO can do wonders for this team..

With JO and Beasley in the starting five, it gives them great versatility. What made the 06 Heat good other than Wade and the officials? A good big man, and agood bench. They have that now IMO with Daequan/Jones/Magloire off the bench. The one thing they've been missing is a good Center, and now they have it, atthe cost of what is in reality, a spare part. Chalmers has been very effective this year, and I see no flaws, from 1-5.

^^^ co sign... we proved that we can beat orlando and cleveland this year with out a center that can score.... orlando gave us a lot of problems with their 3point shooting because we had to help guard the paint against howard...... im not saying J.O is gonna dominate him.. but it will help out a lot..... as much asi like beasley.. i still think that its better fitting for him to come off the bench.... he just needs more min...he is pretty much the only guy that cancreate his own shot off the bench.... so it will give us more shooting power...
quinn
cook
moon
beasley
maglorie

Well, the third player from the team would be either Ager or Swift.

See, that is why I did not give a damn what rod thorn said at the chalk talk the other night.

1. "Vince most likely will not be traded but I never tell a player that".

Yeah but everyone in that room knew you were talking.

2. "Swift has been given as much time as needed and may not come back"

While also fining him and not paying money from his contract due to his absence. now you are asking the league to cut him without fullfilling his contractdueto his absence (his mom died)

JapanAir21 wrote:
Basketballsavant wrote:
Miami the favorites? LMAO. JO has been playing better lately but with his inability to stay healthy I would hardly call Miami the favorites. Boston and Cleveland are better and possibly Orlando.
A healthy JO can do wonders for this team..

With JO and Beasley in the starting five, it gives them great versatility. What made the 06 Heat good other than Wade and the officials? A good big man, and a good bench. They have that now IMO with Daequan/Jones/Magloire off the bench. The one thing they've been missing is a good Center, and now they have it, at the cost of what is in reality, a spare part. Chalmers has been very effective this year, and I see no flaws, from 1-5.

JA21 with all do respect........GET OVER IT!
smh.gif
We're going on 3 yrs since your team pulled a choker and 2 from doing it again vsGSW. I'm with you an everything else except favs in the east. I do believe they can shock the world and possible win it all. If we don't win it,I'll hope your mavs do (as long as it's not against us
tongue.gif
)

[h2]Amare Thinks He Won't Get Traded[/h2]
Feb 13, 2009 11:48 PM EST

phx_40.gif
The Bulls, Kings, Cavaliers and Thunderare all attempting to acquire Amar'e Stoudemire, but he isn't sure that the Suns will trade him.

"I do see the Suns keeping me," said Stoudemire. "I'm leaning more toward 60-40, with 60 [percent] them keeping me. I would love to stayin Phoenix. My whole career has been here. My fan base is here."

Stoudemire said Suns management has been upfront with him regarding his future.

"They're saying it's a financial decision," he said. "It's hard for them to afford all our players. Everyone is on the tradingblock, according to them. Nobody knows if management is giving up on us and throwing the season away or trying to win a championship."

His agent said that he expects to be consulted before a trade is finalized in order for the sides to discuss an extension.

Via ChicagoTribune

Phoenix Suns, Chicago Bulls,Sacramento Kings, Cleveland Cavaliers

Read the FullStory Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Cavaliers Making A Play For Stoudemire[/h2]
Feb 14, 2009 9:59 AM EST

cle_40.gif
According to multiple league sources, theCavaliers have had talks with the Suns regarding a trade for All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire.

The two teams have discussed various packages that would work, including expiring contracts, draft picks, cash and young players, like rookie J.J.Hickson.

Cleveland, however, is hesitant because they don't want to alter their chemistry after a strong first half of the season.

Via ClevelandPlain Dealer

Cleveland Cavaliers, PhoenixSuns

[h2]Struggling Suns Are 'EvaluatingEverything'[/h2]
Feb 14, 2009 9:42 AM EST

phx_40.gif
The Suns are publicly shopping AmareStoudemire and rumors ran rampant on Friday that coach Terry Porter would be fired and replaced by general manager Steve Kerr.

Phoenix owner Robert Sarver shot down rumors of a imminent coaching change, but admitted that something needs to be done.

"We have not made that decision," Sarver said of a coaching change, but he did admit that "obviously we need to improve and are evaluatingeverything."

Via ESPN

Phoenix Suns

[h2]Amaré Calls Trade Talks A 'LowBlow'[/h2]
Feb 14, 2009 9:39 AM EST

phx_40.gif
Speaking at the All-Star press conferenceon Friday, Amaré Stoudemire admitted that he feels slighted by all the trade rumors surrounding him.

"I'm trying to figure out what the focus is," Stoudemire said. "I thought I was always the future of the franchise, and we were trying towin a championship here. It doesn't seem that way anymore. I don't know what to expect from the front office. From a currency standpoint, they'retrying to cut back on money. They want players with expiring contracts and draft picks. That lets you know that they're not trying for a blockbustertrade.

"It's more of a low blow. I've worked hard for the organization. I've been great in the community. I did everything that was asked of me. Inever got in trouble. You never heard me in no DUIs or no trouble at all since I've been in the league. Everything I did is 100 percent professional andcharismatic. I made sure my character stayed as such. So for me to hear these trade rumors and that they want to trade me for pretty much nothing, I don'tget it."

Via ArizonaRepublic

Phoenix Suns

[h2]Raptors See Marion As More Than A RentalPlayer[/h2]
Feb 14, 2009 6:50 AM EST

tor_40.gif
Even though Shawn Marion's contractexpires at the end of this season, the Raptors see their newest acquisition as more than a rental player, the Toronto Star is reporting.

"Shawn is a piece that should be given an opportunity to fit in with the team," GM Bryan Colangelo said in a conference call last night."He's not necessarily a rental player. That's not necessarily the case."

Colangelo is acutely aware of his abilities: Marion spent the first nine years of his career with Colangelo and Phoenix.

"Shawn could be a valuable piece with this team in this system," said Colangelo.

"He (Marion) is one of the better rebounding small forwards in the league when he's at that position," added Colangelo. "At the end ofthe day, I think you're going to see better flow (with Toronto's offence)."

Via TorontoStar

Toronto Raptors, MiamiHeat

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/2/

Back
Top Bottom