OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Originally Posted by franchise3

Boozer to Houston is just smoke.

Isn't Boozer's deal up after this year?

So the Rockets are trading Ron and Scola for like a 3 month rental? Won't happen. We're basically giving Utah Scola for free.
Nope, he can opt out this year. He still has a year left on his contract and since his recent injury, he's more cautious about opting outbecause he may not get the money he wants. It was stupid for him to come out and say he's opting out that early in the season anyway.

I wonder how Carter will fit into Popovich's "defense first" mentality.
grin.gif

According to the Rockets message board I go to, as of Tuesday a source close to Amare felt if he were to get traded it was to Houston or Miami. As we know,Miami is out of the picture...

Artest (expiring) Head (expiring) Landry and Brooks.

We'll see.

Originally Posted by franchise3

According to the Rockets message board I go to, as of Tuesday a source close to Amare felt if he were to get traded it was to Houston or Miami. As we know, Miami is out of the picture...

Artest (expiring) Head (expiring) Landry and Brooks.

We'll see.

link?

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Jamario Moon, who the Heat acquired from the Raptors on Friday, is expected to start at small forward over rookie Michael Beasley.
Uhh...

Beasly needs to turn on the defense, we know he has the offense
grin.gif

beasley is too slow to play sf... unless he can some how get quicker in the off season.... but i do think he is quicker then 90% of the PF outthere... which means he can spread the floor hit the j... or take his man to the hoop anytime he wants... his defense has gotten a lot better... now with J.O.helping him it he shouldnt have to worry that much....

Clutchfans.net

Hickson is a prospect, but, the Rockets are giving up two servicable young players and expirings.

Honestly, Brooks is the Rockets backup PG so I dunno what the Rockets are gonna do there. Unless they bump up Barry's minutes.

What's the difference, a couple million?

I would deal with that, considering the fact that playing with Artest and Head for the rest of the season is exponentially better than playing with Szczerbiakfor the rest of the season, and considering Landry and Brooks together are probably more valuable than Hickson.

Well I can't imagine the Suns would trade him within the Western Conference

and two points/questions...

1) How does Amare function with Yao down low? He's struggling right now with Shaq. I know Yao is a much better shooter that Shaq, but I don't see this.

2) Landry would have to approve any trade cuz he had a contract offer from the Bobcats matched this past offseason (he's in the same situation AV was infor almost the past year).

Originally Posted by bright nikes

someones getting worried
nerd.gif

I ain't worried.

If the Cavs don't get Amare, they are still 40-11 and have our starting SG finally coming back from injury.

Plus the fact that the Cavs are more of a playoff team than regular season team is encouraging.

If we got Camby instead of Stat, I would still be thrilled.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Jamario Moon, who the Heat acquired from the Raptors on Friday, is expected to start at small forward over rookie Michael Beasley.
Uhh...

Beasly needs to turn on the defense, we know he has the offense
grin.gif

Beasley will be starting after the first game... Just wait to see how Jamario is such a defensive stud in this league.

Thats why im confused as hell. How Jamario starts over him is beyond me...

Oh well
smile.gif

I think id be upset if Amare went to Houston. And they would be giving up brooks when hes been playing so well this season.

I dont think Amare is going anywhere at all.

And the Spurs deal for VC is one of the most ******ed trades I've ever heard of. Spurs would be stupid to make that trade.

the idea of a player with vince's skills under a great coach like pop is a frightening thought. especially when you throw him in with the likes of manu,parker and duncan. that's a legit threat in the west imo. especially if oberto and bowen resign with them afterwards.

I hope Amare doesn't come here. Brooks and Landry are the future for the Rockets, and if Amare is struggling with Shaq what would change if he came toHouston, besides having a worse pg?

The Thunder have numerous trade chips that could make them the most active team as Thursday's trade deadline gets closer.

Oklahoma City has five first-round draft picks in the 2009 and 2010 NBA Drafts. Ken Berger of CBS Sports is reporting that general manager Sam Presti is getting flooded with calls about the picks.
Chris Wilcox to the Hornets, please.

I would not be surprised to see Amare dealt to Chicago by Wednesday. God would that be awesome. My team needs some good moves and we will finally have the lowpost presence we have needed for the better part of a decade.

[h2]Blazers And Bulls Have BestShot At Amare, Clippers Also In It[/h2]
Stoudemire_Amare_phx_090213.jpg

Feb 15, 2009 5:52 PM EST

por_40.gif
One NBA general manager said Portland andChicago have the best chance to land Amare Stoudemire, while Memphis is also a contender. Other suitors reportedly include Cleveland, Detroit, and theClippers.

"There's a lot of rumors about Chicago," said Stoudemire, 26. "A lot of rumors about Cleveland, Miami. Any situation for any team I goto, I bring a lot to the table."

Via BostonGlobe

Portland Trail Blazers, Chicago Bulls

Read the FullStory Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

Mavs Reject Offer Of Baron For Kidd

Feb 15, 2009 6:01 PM EST

dal_40.gif
The Mavs recently rejected a tradeproposed by the Clippers that would have sent Baron Davis to Dallas for Jason Kidd.

Via New YorkDaily News

Dallas Mavericks, LosAngeles Clippers

[h2]NBA GMs Prefer Kobe Over LeBron[/h2]
Feb 15, 2009 4:17 PM EST

lal_40.gif
USA Today asked nineteen NBA generalmanagers who they thought was better -- Kobe Bryant or LeBron James?

Twelve of the GMs picked Bryant, while seven preferred James.

Kobe is the NBA's reigning MVP, and has three NBA titles to his credit.

"Kobe's basketball IQ, competitive spirit and skill set make him, unquestionably, the best closer in the game," former coach and current ABCanalyst Jeff Van Gundy said. "But James is younger, and nobody outplays him over the first 44 minutes."

Via USAToday

Los Angeles Lakers, Cleveland Cavaliers

[h2]Houston Had Interest In Carlos Boozer?[/h2]
Feb 15, 2009 4:09 PM EST

hou_40.gif
There had been whispers that the Rocketswere interested in Jazz forward Carlos Boozer, but a source claims the deal isn't even a possibility.

ESPN's John Hollinger reported the story in a column on Sunday morning.

Boozer has only played in 12 games this season, and not since Nov. 19 in a win against Milwaukee.

Via ESPN

Houston Rockets

[h2]Will OKC Be The Most Active Team?[/h2]
Feb 15, 2009 4:03 PM EST

okc_40.gif
The Thunder have numerous trade chipsthat could make them the most active team as Thursday's trade deadline gets closer.

Oklahoma City has five first-round draft picks in the 2009 and 2010 NBA Drafts. Ken Berger of CBS Sports is reporting that general manager Sam Presti isgetting flooded with calls about the picks.

Via CBSSports

Oklahoma City

[h2]Several Teams Want Carter; Mavs, SpursNot Among Them[/h2]
Feb 15, 2009 3:58 PM EST

njn_40.gif
A person familiar with the Nets told KenBerger of CBS Sports that several teams are interested in Vince Carter, but Dallas and San Antonio are not among them.

New Jersey has had conversations with about six teams, but only serious talks one club.

On Friday night it was reported that the Spurs were the leading contender to land Carter, with the Mavericks interested as well.

Via CBSSports

New Jersey Nets, DallasMavericks, San Antonio Spurs

[h2]Cavs Interested In Camby[/h2]
Feb 15, 2009 3:54 PM EST

cle_40.gif
The Cavaliers are believed to beinterested in acquiring Marcus Camby from the Clippers.

But one source familiar with the situation indicates that the Clippers have no interest in trading Camby.

ViaCBSSports.com

Cleveland Cavaliers, LosAngeles Clippers

Back
Top Bottom